Vijay Hazare Trophy 2015

Ironhide

Bumrah looks good but people are going a little overboard around here. He bowls in between 135-140 and not 140 all the time. 

His action somehow feels odd and I think it may not help him to get faster. 

Don't think anybody is going overboard with Bumrah. With his odd action, pace of 135 - 140 is good enough. He is just 22 years old and he has shown really good control and can bowl good bouncers, yorkers and slower ones which are required to succeed in ODI's. He can be a good bowler for India in ODI's.

Hats off to all of us...the performance of all these pacers ,the one"s in Australia will be measured and weighed minutely.

I definitely will see the bowling on high density LED and would keep my word to do the analysis and share my views.

Only request all to be positive while analysing.

Statements like a bowler has no brains etc

Only show us in lowlight.

A warner on his ground is going to start hitting. I beleive they l use short balls a lot too. I have enjoyed umesh warner fights initially.umesh has got him out a few times.

I m good if warner hits 6 boundaries and then looses his wicket as if umesh doesn't get him only ashwin can..I doubt if others would get him easily.

I beleive umesh got some lbw decisions against smith wrong last time and smith scored. Time for luck to change.

Jasprit Bumrah should have gone to Australia.

He has pace and bounce...seam movement and some swing too.....good yorker and bouncer.

He uses his head while bowling....and has wicket taking ability.

His unorthodox action is very difficult to pick and he bowls many lethal and dangerous looking deliveries.

He is young and tall too.

I think he can be test material too.....and very good for ODIs.

Edited by express bowling

I am really liking the fact that we are getting a nice pool of fast and fast-medium pacers in India for the first time in our history. It will increase the probability of finding a few accurate and good bowlers with pace.

Umesh, Aaron, Shami, Ishant, Nathu Singh, Bumrah, Sran, Suyal and maybe even Aniket Chowdhury have sufficient pace and  bounce needed for international cricket. Sandeep Warrier, VP Singh, Manpreet Goni etc. may have decent speeds, not very sure though . Young guys like Avesh Khan, Chama Milind and Monu Kumar have pace too.

Also....the new pacers are not losing pace  ( like many of our pacers e.g  Munaf, RP, Balaji  did between 2004 to 2010 ) ....Aaron, Ishant and Umesh have all bowled at high pace even after major injuries or operations.

The naysayers and pessimists may say what they like..... I think, with a " fast-bowler friendly captain " at the helm  and more talent coming up ....we have exciting times ahead in terms of pace bowlers

I am really liking the fact that we are getting a nice pool of fast and fast-medium pacers in India for the first time in our history.

Umesh, Aaron, Shami, Ishant, Nathu Singh, Bumrah, Sran, Suyal and maybe even Aniket Chowdhury have sufficient pace and  bounce needed for international cricket. Sandeep Warrier, VP Singh, Manpreet Goni etc. may have decent speeds, not very sure though . Young guys like Avesh Khan, Chama Milind and Monu Kumar have pace too.

Also....the new pacers are not losing pace  ( like many of our pacers e.g  Munaf, RP, Balaji  did between 2004 to 2010 ) ....Aaron, Ishant and Umesh have all bowled at high pace even after major injuries or operations.

The naysayers and pessimists may say what they like..... I think, with a " fast-bowler friendly captain " at the helm  and more talent coming up ....we have exciting times ahead in terms of pace bowlers

I watched today the highlights of the Bangladesh series 3rd ODI which we won. Umesh was bowling over 140 kmph, but he was all over the place with length and line. Now, there is no use of bowling fast if you bowl that way as any batsman can use the pace to score easy runs. So, they do nothing with their pace, instead concede runs and look silly.

And Varun Aaron in the Bangalore Test against SA did the same. He was expensive and got away as the spinners bowled out SA cheaply. These bowlers repeat the same mistakes frequently and hence do not enjoy confidence of even the fans, let alone MSD.

Edited by Adi_91

Source:  ESPNCRICINFO... 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/625383.html

Jasprit Bumrah      

India

Full name Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah

Born December 6, 1993, Ahmedabad

Current age 22 years 25 days

Major teams Gujarat, India Under-23s, Mumbai Indians

Batting style Right-hand bat

Bowling style Right-arm medium

Batting and fielding averages
 MatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR100504s6sCtSt
First-class1820168916*22.2532427.460010050
List A2095185*4.502475.00001050
Twenty2038652514*25.002696.15001250
Bowling averages
 MatInnsBallsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR4w5w10
First-class183035211601645/528/10625.012.7255.0330
List A20201086728395/285/2818.664.0227.8210
Twenty2038388351060383/143/1427.897.6121.900

Bumrah has taken 39 wickets from 20 List A matches @ 18.66, ER of 4.02....it is very good.  he has a first class average of 25.01 too.

I watched today the highlights of the Bangladesh series 3rd ODI which we won. Umesh was bowling over 140 kmph, but he was all over the place with length and line. Now, there is no use of bowling fast if you bowl that way as any batsman can use the pace to score easy runs. So, they do nothing with their pace, instead concede runs and look silly.

And Varun Aaron in the Bangalore Test against SA did the same. He was expensive and got away as the spinners bowled out SA cheaply. These bowlers repeat the same mistakes frequently and hence do not enjoy confidence of even the fans, let alone MSD.

Accuracy has been a problem with some of our faster pacers....that is true. 

My point is....as more and more fast bowlers are available for selection, that is the pool is large,..... the chance of finding 3  decently accurate fast bowlers become much higher. 

Also... we are seeing in the last 2 years  that Ishant has combined pace with accuracy. Umesh always had wicket taking potential and, in the last series, has been far more accurate. Shami can combine pace with accuracy too. Bumrah seems to have that quality also. Even Aaron has tried to be more accurate in the last test series.

I am always on the lookout for accurate fast bowlers and , with the pool expanding and bowlers maturing, along with a motivating captain....we have started to get some.

Accuracy has been a problem with some of our faster pacers....that is true. 

My point is....as more and more fast bowlers are available for selection, that is the pool is large,..... the chance of finding 3  decently accurate fast bowlers becomes much higher. 

Also... we are seeing in the last 2 years  that Ishant has combined pace with accuracy. Umesh always had wicket taking potential and, in the last series, has been far more accurate. Shami can combine pace with accuracy too. Bumrah seems to have that quality also. Even Aaron has tried to be more accurate in the last test series.

I am always on the lookout for accurate fast bowlers and , with the pool expanding and bowlers maturing, along with a motivating captain....we have started to get some.

Yeah, hopefully Bumrah is good albeit with slower speeds. Even I want to see a pool of fast bowlers bowling consistently over 140+ kmph. Though, I must admit that Vijay Hazare trophy did disappoint me as I saw only trundlers bowling. 

Yeah, hopefully Bumrah is good albeit with slower speeds. Even I want to see a pool of fast bowlers bowling consistently over 140+ kmph. Though, I must admit that Vijay Hazare trophy did disappoint me as I saw only trundlers bowling. 

Bumrah looks visually quick to me when he is fully fit. He hurries batsmen and often surprises them with pace. 

The speeds that we see on TV are release speeds....it is possible that Bumrah loses less pace after pitching compared to an average 135 k to 142 k pacer.  It could  also be that his unorthodox action makes it difficult for batsmen to read the ball's trajectory and they end up playing late. Whatever the reason...he hurries batsmen and has a good bouncer.

Another interesting aspect with Bumrah is that I have seen him bowl entire spells between 139 k to 142 k in a 5 day domestic match.

It is true that we were disappointed with trundlers galore at VH trophy....BUT most of the quick pacers that I mentioned in an earlier post were not playing in the televised matches.