What do you folks want to see in India's 4th Inn batting?

fineleg

I dont "WANT" India to be out for 290' date=' I *think* we will be out for something close to that. I think there is a massive difference between the two.[/quote'] dont bother ... I am done trying and he is now on the ignore list ... troll once troll forever
dont bother ... I am done trying and he is now on the ignore list ... troll once troll forever
Someone who has close to 1800 posts on this board, should NEVER be boycotted as a troll. Donny brings a different point of view to this place, we may not necessarily agree with it all the time, but as long as he doesnt personally abuse anyone here, he is worth engaging.
Someone who has close to 1800 posts on this board' date=' should NEVER be boycotted as a troll. Donny brings a different point of view to this place, we may not necessarily agree with it all the time, but as long as he doesnt personally abuse anyone here, he is worth engaging.[/quote'] to each his own

AN ever optimistic fan, I feel that if we bat 6 sessions we will win the game. If the question however is what would satisfy me, I would like to see a spirited come back. I am especially looking towards yuvraj to provide some impetus and gain more of his confidence. I am looking from a >50 run opening stand and less than 4 wickets loss till tea. I want us to prove first that they can last for more than 3 sessions. Its asking a lot, but i think our team shows a lot of spirit when we least expect it. Lets hope this match continues the trend

I have seen what I wanted to see from half of our batsmen in first innings ... Dravids Grinding, Laxmans, Tendulkars and Gangulys good form.... I want to see the rest Jaffer, Yuvi and Dhoni to come to terms of Aussie conditions.... Another small wish...I want the winning run to be a boundary hit and crossing 499...

Thanks to some of the folks who have given realistic answers. For all those saying "India will win" - the hope for magic is all great and good, but please help out in this answer also...- this thread is asking for specific answer. Please provide that also. I am not asking for your "dreams" folks! I am asking for what you can settle for realistically (given that we will lose). If India has left a 499 target for some other team to chase down, the whole ICF will be like "there is no way in the world any team is gonna chase that down". But now some ppl in the above posts are saying India will chase it down. There is something called cricketing logic which states that this is Aus win 100% So, given this is an Aus win, whats the best you'll settle for?

Thanks to some of the folks who have given realistic answers. For all those saying "India will win" - the hope for magic is all great and good, but please help out in this answer also...- this thread is asking for specific answer. Please provide that also. I am not asking for your "dreams" folks! I am asking for what you can settle for realistically (given that we will lose). If India has left a 499 target for some other team to chase down, the whole ICF will be like "there is no way in the world any team is gonna chase that down". But now some ppl in the above posts are saying India will chase it down. There is something called cricketing logic which states that this is Aus win 100% So, given this is an Aus win, whats the best you'll settle for?
India score over 325 Dravid hits a 100 at sr of 50 Game goes beyond lunch on 5th day Every single top order batsman scores atleast 20. Sachin not to drag another one to his stump. 2 umpiring blunders.

I would like to see our batsmen replicate the spirit of a certain knock by Laxman at Calcutta. No! I'm not referring to the 281 in the second innings of that Ind-Aus game, but the sublime 59 in the first innings. That was some counter-attack and in the process, gave tons of confidence to VVS. I hope our boys get some quality runs under their belts and go over to SCG with a fair deal of confidence. Even if it's 0-1 going onto the 2nd test, our boys have the potential to come back. Go Team India!!