ICC has become a Joke !!!

The fact that some boards openly begs India to tour them should tell you how important Indian market is. He's just acknowledging the significance of Indian fans in achieving the financial stability in the World cricket.

Even after having years of cricketing history in Pakistan, what does it even bring to World cricket? 

On 4/6/2016 at 6:29 PM, Shaz1 said:

Why would any board member come to oppose it? I am sure everyone knows by now where the majority of the money is coming from. And also its a given that any player or board would want more money. But you see that is my biggest issue. When a product becomes all about the money it loses quality. If this continues on the future will look bleak for cricket. Something needs to be done to even everything out. 

He is getting blamed for simply being unprofessional about it. Instead of worrying about Indian money he should go out there to expend the game. As in ICC needs to do some investment to get more and more nations to play.

And that requires money, i.e. giving up today's money for tomorrow's sake. No boards have ever shown any willingness to take a cut in their revenue to internationalize the game. So, it's not easy. ICC = Sum of the boards, if boards don't want to internationalize or invest in globalization, nor would ICC. 

On 4/4/2016 at 1:30 PM, broken_wings said:

Seriously ! How sensible for ICC to say like this for a global event ? ICC itself wants India to play guaranteed matches till Final only to make financial gain from a global event ? This statement shows how biased ICC is towards India in order to make sure they don't exit early. Is it fair for other countries ? Or, other countries have accepted this as a fact ?

In whichever way you want to defend it, for me it surely goes against the spirit of a game. ICC is the governing body of Cricket, they should not act on behalf of a certain team only to make financial gain. Then what's the point of having a governing body ? Thankfully Dave made ICC's position clear and it's publicly known now.

so to say i would rather have $1000 than 1000 taka , is being bias ?

On 04 April 2016 at 10:38 PM, Shaz1 said:

If he wanted to talk about finance than he could have said it in a different way, other than singling out one nation.  If he plans to expand cricket how will he do it if only one nation is producing 70 percent of the revenue? Why isn't there any effort on providing chances for smaller teams to succeed?

Using a nation as a tool to gain money is utterly crap. I am suprised none you are offended by this.

India is feeding all the small nations who contribute peanuts to ICC. Its the same reason why PCB

is begging for matches with India.

5 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Without other nations India would not have this much money. Unless you want to say India can survive by itself without playing other nations?

We are doing it with the IPL.

Anyways, I don't mind India depending on countries like Aus, Eng, SA as they have a very good talent pool but India doesnt need any other Asian countries for its survival.

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Glad you brought up the IPL. The main attraction of IPL is oversea players. Without oversea players IPL would be like an ordinary domestic tournament. So that tourney is not all "Indian" after all.

Doesn't matter. You still need other countries to play you to generate more money. It is clearly not a one way street as most of you like to believe.

Agree , if only Pakistan players allowed , IPL should have easily beaten EPL & NFL..hope the day comes soon :(

16 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Never said they won't. I said the reason India has so much money is because it plays other nations. That money is highly dependent on the opposition it plays. Without other nations India would not have this much money. So saying India deserves all the right because it produces more money is simply rubbish. Because even if that statement is true it does not discount the money it gets from the opposition it plays. 

Never said that India deserves all " rights " ( as you put it ).  Other countries should have " rights "  too.

It is also true that any country which generates a very high % of the revenue will have more powers than the others. Even if it is not official...it is going to happen in practice.  That is how the practical world works.

25 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Glad you brought up the IPL. The main attraction of IPL is oversea players. Without oversea players IPL would be like an ordinary domestic tournament. So that tourney is not all "Indian" after all.

Doesn't matter. You still need other countries to play you to generate more money. It is clearly not a one way street as most of you like to believe.

I wouldn't be that sure. Many people come to get entertained. And it doesn't matter who is doing the entertaining; a foreigner or an Indian. You also have to keep in mind that to build a supporters base, you need local cricketers whom the populace can relate too. One of the reasons why CSK did reasonably well (in fan base building) till they were disbanded.

BCCI produces more money because the Indian middle class is growing and has disposable income to spend on 'luxuries/entertainment'. IPL has been packaged as cricketainment and has milked this proverbial cash cow. It is very good marketing and understanding of consumer psyche by the people in charge. Even if the number of foreigners were reduced, IPL would garner just as many eyeballs. The advertisers would charge just as much for a 10s ad on TV during the games etc.

16 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

IPL is popular because of it's brand value and also the good marketing done by the BCCI, and including overseas players in it is just an additional benefit. No, the main attraction of IPL is the top Indian players. 

43 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Never said they won't. I said the reason India has so much money is because it plays other nations. That money is highly dependent on the opposition it plays. Without other nations India would not have this much money. So saying India deserves all the right because it produces more money is simply rubbish. Because even if that statement is true it does not discount the money it gets from the opposition it plays. 

Other teams simply provide the ass that India bangs. Thank you, for that. 

Edited by kosingh
1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

. The main attraction of IPL is oversea players. Without oversea players IPL would be like an ordinary domestic tournament. So that tourney is not all "Indian" after all.

The main attraction of IPL are the international players,  Indian or foreign.  It is not just the overseas players.

Almost every nation is conducting a T20 league of their own. Foreign playrs are playing there too.....but the IPL is far bigger, far more successful and well known than the others. So....you see .....just bringing overseas players don't make a T20 league successful. India is adding something special to it.

Other countries are very important and any citizen of a country which is not against India are very welcome to our country as a guest.  But we are adding something special to the world of cricket . Making a rather unpopular sport thrive. This recognition seems to be missing from some of you.

52 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

The mix you speak of is Bollywood and cricket. The two main industries of India. However they don't appear on the field the players do. Everyone is wondering who plays for who? The local boys you guys speak of get more exposure with big names like Chris Gayle, Ab Devillers, Brandon Mc. Seeing them do well against them excites the audience cause they are relatable. 

What is your point here exactly ?  Who is wondering " who plays for whom ? "

I am talking about the local international cricketers like Kohli, Dhoni, Rohit, Ashwin, Shami, Umesh, Jadeja, Pandya, Bumrah etc. etc.  Previously we have seen Tendulkar, Ganguly, Kumble, Sehwag etc.   These players contribute as much to the IPL as the foreign stars in terms of game contribution.  They contribute more in terms of popularity in our country. 

The local  uncapped lads benefit as much from the Dhonis and Kohlis as they do from the Gayles and McCullums.

In a nutshell, it is not just the IPL....in general India has been able to popularize cricket in a way no other country has been able to.    Foreign stars have also benefited BCCI....but they have benefited other Boards too.   The BCCI has been able to benefit foreign players and Boards in a manner no other country has been able to.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

If this was true than why not just ban the foreigner players? And make the teams based off Indian players alone. 

If you think players like Ab Devillers, Chris Gayle, and Brandon Mc are not amongst the main attraction than you got some research to do.

So you are saying Indian players aren't the main attraction when playing in an India league :doh:?  What country are you from? It seems like a lahori logic to me.

Anyways we are getting off topic here, the fact is India can survive on it's own with their domestic leagues, something other countries cannot afford to do, they need India and it's huge market.

On 13 April 2016 at 3:08 AM, Shaz1 said:

Without other nations India would not have this much money. Unless you want to say India can survive by itself without playing other nations?

With the kind of money Bcci has, it can create alternate teams in countries like Pakistan (like icl) and play with them and PCB can't do anything about it.

15 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

You both are missing my point completly. I am saying without the foreigner players this would have been just like any other domestic tournament. Hence why they play as the main attraction for this tournament. 

Your home grown talent no doubt play as a miain attraction as well. However you can see these same players in your domestic. So there is really nothing new they are adding here. 

If you think IPL would do well without foreigner players I would like to see numbers instead of chitchat.

The Indian players of international repute rarely play in domestic tournaments as the international cricket calender is loaded now. Even when they do, there are so many domestic teams...there are rarely more than one such player per team.

Bottomline is...foreign players of international repute contribute significantly to the IPL...BUT...as I said before..... they play in other leagues too but it is the IPL and the BCCI  which have benefited foreign players and foreign Boards the most...and that too by a large margin.

9 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

You both are missing my point completly. I am saying without the foreigner players this would have been just like any other domestic tournament. Hence why they play as the main attraction for this tournament. 

Your home grown talent no doubt play as a miain attraction as well. However you can see these same players in your domestic. So there is really nothing new they are adding here. 

If you think IPL would do well without foreigner players I would like to see numbers instead of chitchat.

You are severly underestimating state based franchise leagues in India, where each state can be treated as a country of its own with its diverse culture. I agree that foreign players bring variety to the tournament but saying they are the main attraction is hardly any truth to it. That maybe a case for an outsider like you, but IPL is for Indian fans.  

Let me put it in this way, even if Cricket loses its interest in other countries, the sport will never die in India as it can be carried through leagues such as IPL.

On 4/13/2016 at 3:08 AM, Shaz1 said:

ICC generated a little under $200m from ICC events per their 14-15 annual report. Now take a wild swing at what this years IPL (just ipl not international cricket) is expected to generate ? you will have your answer. 

Edited by jf1gp_1