RCB full strength squad - Would Gayle lose his spot ?

philcric

8 hours ago, Gunner said:

Travis Head is a better bet than an out-of-form Gayle.

Aaaaaaaand Travis is the top scorer for RCB in his very first match :yess:

Gayle is going through a long lean patch, and is in the team due to his reputation alone. Travis will be a much better pick until Gayle regains his form.

Edited by Gunner

Aaaaaaaand Travis is the top scorer for RCB in his very first match :yess:

Gayle is going through a long lean patch, and is in the team due to his reputation alone. Travis will be a much better pick until Gayle regains his form.

And how will Gayle regain his form? By playing stick cricket?

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Watson should be opening. He is waste at 5 but a different beast as an opener. Kohli at 3, ABDV at 4.

Watson shud open in next match , but kohli n ab devillers shudnt change their positions as they r doing well and i hve always believed ur best batsman shud face max no of balls. 

They shud try mandeep in for next game in middle .

As far as Wk goes i dnt think jadhav n rahul wnt have much diff in contribution, ill rather give jadhav a game as when gayle cmes rahul wnt fit in as he cnt bat in lower order. Better play Jadhav .

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Watson shud open in next match , but kohli n ab devillers shudnt change their positions as they r doing well and i hve always believed ur best batsman shud face max no of balls. 

They shud try mandeep in for next game in middle .

As far as Wk goes i dnt think jadhav n rahul wnt have much diff in contribution, ill rather give jadhav a game as when gayle cmes rahul wnt fit in as he cnt bat in lower order. Better play Jadhav .

if you play watson, abdv, and kohli in top 3, your middle order becomes weak. ABDV is best at 4. He can accelerate from get go. if someday, your top 3 that consist Watson, Kohli, ABDV goes early then you are in big problem.

9 minutes ago, BlueBee said:

ABDV is waste at 4.

ABDV isnt waste at 4. he can start accelerating from get go. Even if he comes in 10th over, he can score, but if Watson opens and gets going, you wont really need ABDV much. Kohli is a slow starter. He cannot open with Rahul.

Edited by rkt.india

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

if you play watson, abdv, and kohli in top 3, your middle order becomes weak. ABDV is best at 4. He can accelerate from get go. if someday, your top 3 that consist Watson, Kohli, ABDV goes early then you are in big problem.

Thats were u have trust ur indian Batting , i wud like to add mandeep and make Sarfraz bat above. Jadhav does come in as he wnt struggle against that Pune trundler army, He struggled against quality death bowling of mustafizur,shami, morris and u wnt face such stuff everyday. U can give mandeep chance and make Sarfraz bat above so it gives him extra balls to make a lot more runs and IF mandeep finds his grove Ab deviller can be asked if he wud be comfertable to keep wkts, if yes then thats solves a lot of issue. Next game They can actually add some one like Weise in middle order

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

ABDV isnt waste at 4. he can start accelerating from get go. Even if he comes in 10th over, he can score, but if Watson opens and gets going, you wont really need ABDV much. Kohli is a slow starter. He cannot open with Rahul.

Abdv doesnt start from ball one he likes to see few balls which makes him comfortable and if he doing well dnt change it. U dnt fix wats not broken. The only reason i want watson to open for Next game is he has always made huge runs against Dhoni led any side be it india or Csk. He likes Indian bowler and i think every season he did damage Csk really bad . 

Rcb Acc to me in next game 

Watson

Kohli

Ab deviller

Sarfraz

Mandeep

Jadhav

Weise

Abdullah

Chahal

Kane richardson

Nechim/Vikramjeet/aaron 

doesnt look that week a order, if u add mandeep and collapse can happen anyways, watson was at 4 yet they lost out advantage of start despite having long batting lineup. Ab deviller doesnt have gr8 record at 4 for even Sa, May be he likes if gets few overs of power and the role of dictating the innnings at 3 rather being dictated by situation at 4

Harshal patel shudnt play more games from now on, last season is a thing of past

Edited by Ankit_sharma03