Introducing - ICF Economy [Bank Is Open Now]

Nova

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

You have some valid points. Consider a scenario where a simple thread like a birthday thread gets more than five replies of birthday wishes by members. Does this thread creator deserve to get all the runs then? There's no quality discussion going on. However, if we would want to implement what you suggest, then this becomes a logistic issue. Right now the runs allocation is automatic. By default, every thread starter gets 400 runs in cricket talk. We do not have an automated system where a thread with a certain minimum replies will only get the runs. We would have to deduct 400 runs manually. To keep track of all such threads and manually deduct runs is an additional responsibility for the admins of ICF Economy. 

What we can do is modify the system with the following changes:

1. The thread creator should not get additional runs for replies from other members in his/her thread. Otherwise a member can create a thread and abandon it and just keep on getting runs from the replies of other members. Then we can also get rid of the match bidding concept.   

2. Get rid of the savings account. The interest earned is just free money without the member working for it. 

The above two points should mitigate the issue of undeserving runs generated through threads which get less number of replies.  

If its not easy to implement then its another issue.Don't think we have to change any major issue 1 or 2. Only wanted to let you know my thougths.I see a lot of threads in the CT section which are nothing more than news from cricbuzz/cricinfo. No efforts from the creator to high-light the main points or to put forward a discussion.

Just a question but...Can't we have a clause in the code where the 5th post of every thread gives 420 runs to thread creator and the rest only 20.If its a lot more complicated than this then no need.

11 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

I see a lot of threads in the CT section which are nothing more than news from cricbuzz/cricinfo. No efforts from the creator to high-light the main points or to put forward a discussion.

@Malcolm Merlyn It seems like this may be directed towards you.  :p: 

11 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Just a question but...Can't we have a clause in the code where the 5th post of every thread gives 420 runs to thread creator and the rest only 20.If its a lot more complicated than this then no need.

Can't be done. The current system has no automated provision for this. But keep any eye on spammers and report them if you think the thread created was useless or just for ICF Rupees. Keep in mind though that right now only a minority of members are interested in ICF Rupees.

Anyway, Malcolm has given his views and so it seems we should keep the system unchanged for now. Thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup:

On July 13, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Nova said:

@Malcolm Merlyn It seems like this may be directed towards you.  :p: 

Can't be done. The current system has no automated provision for this. But keep any eye on spammers and report them if you think the thread created was useless or just for ICF Rupees. Keep in mind though that right now only a minority of members are interested in ICF Rupees.

Anyway, Malcolm has given his views and so it seems we should keep the system unchanged for now. Thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup:

i created thread, but didn't get 400 runs added.

reps, money, runs...can you not just streamline it all into one.  good effort nonetheless :hatsoff:

p.s it says this will take into inflation but looks like same model as before...inflation and disparity looks likely to follow soon with such high rates.

Edited by PBN

15 minutes ago, PBN said:

reps, money, runs...can you not just streamline it all into one.  good effort nonetheless :hatsoff:

Runs are a variable commodity. For example: If someone trolls just for the sake of making runs, we can deduct the runs thus affecting earning potential. If a thread gets deleted, then the runs gained to open that post also automatically get deducted. Also, not everyone is interested in ICF Rupees. Only members who have converted their runs to Rupees can bet and are considered candidates for the leader board. So we have a separate system of reps, runs, rupees.

20 minutes ago, PBN said:

it says this will take into inflation but looks like same model as before...inflation and disparity looks likely to follow soon with such high rates.

The current system differs from the previous model in the sense that there are no freebies (except bonus on special occasions). If we think the economy is getting inflated, then we can reduce the conversion rate. Right now the rate is high to kick start the new economy. Some members are still recovering from the shock that they can't bet in billions now.

1 hour ago, laaloo said:

What if we dont count the runs in match threads? I mean we are basically forced to post in match threads.

Runs received from replies will be manually deducted from thread creator's account. I did not understand your second point of being forced to post in match thread. Why is anyone forcing you? :confused:

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Runs received from replies will be manually deducted from thread creator's account. I did not understand your second point of being forced to post in match thread. Why is anyone forcing you? :confused:

So the thread creator doesnt get any runs if other posters post in the thread? The 2nd point was if they did count, then obviously we will post in that match thread. We wont create a thread of our own.

8 minutes ago, laaloo said:

So the thread creator doesnt get any runs if other posters post in the thread?

Correct. Members will continue to get runs for their own replies

8 minutes ago, laaloo said:

The 2nd point was if they did count, then obviously we will post in that match thread. We wont create a thread of our own.

Now we can just treat it is a regular match thread as before. Post if you want to. 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Take a look at the article section.Something like that.

I can create a new article in article section and get 5000 runs. Shouldn't there be a quality control? Is there a process by which an article is approved before showing?

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

I can create a new article in article section and get 5000 runs. Shouldn't there be a quality control? Is there a process by which an article is approved before showing?

As Malcolm said, we will check the article and recommend any revisions if necessary. :thumbsup: