The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

On 24/02/2018 at 9:07 PM, Straight Drive said:

I won't look at PSU banks given the scams and history of bad risk management strategies. Private banks are at good valuations. Even the insurance subsidiaries of the Pvt banks are good. I have opted for ICICI bank, HDFC Std. Life, ICICI Prudential. Will be adding Yes Bank few months down the line and HDFC later on.

Hero Motocorp, ITC, ICICI Bank, Coal India are the large caps which I opted.

In mid caps I went for Havells and TVS motors. What I like about Havells management is the way they are expanding their business portfolio. From electricals they are gradually expanding the consumer appliances portfolio as well.

Also believe TVS is managed by a sound management and they are growing at a reasonable rate.

Am invested in Havells for more than 12+ years , one of my best performers . :) 

On 3/5/2018 at 11:10 AM, randomGuy said:

I stay out of such scrips which have "Only Buyers" and / or "Only Sellers" so many times.  Looks like operator driven. Given the CMP there are many reputed scrips available. 

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

I stay out of such scrips which have "Only Buyers" and / or "Only Sellers" so many times.  Looks like operator driven. Given the CMP there are many reputed scrips available. 

This co. is an MFI player from last 25 years. Regular conference calls etc.  I invested at 190/- average for 2500 shares (revealing numbers to show the conviction) . Sold at  ~4 lac profit in 1.5 yrs. 

This Co. Was to reveal price of ccd (compulsory convertible debentures) in the evening in board meeting ... I knew the price will be lower than cmp.... So I sold out in the morning at 349... The price for CCDs was decided 300/-... Which was out in the evening... I may invest again at 270-280/-

Edited by randomGuy

Told you guys to buy some puts :p

Very important levels , there has been selling at every minor pull backs last few weeks but I think we may have bottomed out or close to it . A lot of stocks look at attractive valuations now . If you have appetite for risk , some psu May be give short term 30% returns . 

With Trumpanomics/Tariff wars, will we see Nifty below 10k in this series? 

ps: What are the chances of it goiing below 8k now that there is a lot of talk about uncertainity about Modi's re-election?

On 02/04/2018 at 10:52 PM, diga said:

With Trumpanomics/Tariff wars, will we see Nifty below 10k in this series? 

ps: What are the chances of it goiing below 8k now that there is a lot of talk about uncertainity about Modi's re-election?

I dont see 8K happening , even if Modi does not get elected . if they lose karnataka , will take the market down a little more . 

I think ~9700-500 indian market becomes pretty attractive , from being over priced a year back and should see the FII's re enter . Tariff wars , I doubt will have such a big impact on India , may be occasional panics like today on news 

looks like even ashwani gujral is pissed off

Cant blame him , it has crashed completely 3-4 times in last 45 days . I got lucky I dint have any positions today , but a couple of days back I had shorted 3 lots of South Indian bank , it came down 40 paisa but was not able to exit my positions for couple of hrs and suddenly I see positions had disappeared , covered 5 paisa higher than my entry price . A profit of ~50k turned into a 6K loss :(

@velu 

I tried your strategy few times , I figured it helps me stay away from trading aggressively from 10:30-1:30 which is where I have lost most of my money .  Have a few questions , especially for expiry days and wednesdays when the premiums are low .

Today , I shorted 20 lots each of 25400 PE (13:8) and 25700 CE ( 19.5 ) 

Went long on 6 lots each of 25500 ce @ 59 and 25500 pe @ 38 

Had a 8 pts gain on shorts , when I exited ..luckily BN spiked up ~100 pts , sold CE @ 109 and PE at 9 , ~20 pts gain .

What do you think ? how do you select the right strike price to short ? From what I have seen deep OTM's are safer ? 

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

@velu 

I tried your strategy few times , I figured it helps me stay away from trading aggressively from 10:30-1:30 which is where I have lost most of my money .  Have a few questions , especially for expiry days and wednesdays when the premiums are low .

if premiums are low , dont touch .. you can short month end contracts instead 

Today , I shorted 20 lots each of 25400 PE (13:8) and 25700 CE ( 19.5 ) 

Went long on 6 lots each of 25500 ce @ 59 and 25500 pe @ 38 

its suicidal actually 

Had a 8 pts gain on shorts , when I exited ..luckily BN spiked up ~100 pts , sold CE @ 109 and PE at 9 , ~20 pts gain .

What do you think ? how do you select the right strike price to short ? From what I have seen deep OTM's are safer ? 

usually i will move to next week or month end contracts ..

and if the premums are less , its wiser to buy as well 

19 hours ago, velu said:

if premiums are low , dont touch .. you can short month end contracts instead 

its suicidal actually 

usually i will move to next week or month end contracts ..

and if the premums are less , its wiser to buy as well 

Yeah I knew it was risky , at one point almost hit my stop loss ..could have easily had a loss . 

Have tried Nifty , if we are doing month end isnt that better than BN considering volatility is less ? 

18 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Yeah I knew it was risky , at one point almost hit my stop loss ..could have easily had a loss . 

Have tried Nifty , if we are doing month end isnt that better than BN considering volatility is less ? 

premium decay is very low in nifty ..  so cant play in it