The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

5 minutes ago, diga said:

I think 10k will break in the coming week ... too much of downward momentum

i thought mkt will recover after RBI meet , but it went up a bit after the announcement but went even further down later ..

mkt consolidated arnd 10k for more than year .. lets see

ILFS added fuel to fire. The rupee & dollar factor, Oil prices as well as trade wars are not helping. IMO this crash will take a lot longer to recover than 2008 one because the ILFS issue will have a lot of impact. Lack of liquidity and election year will not help as well in quick recovery. 

People are also  redeeming mutual funds units, the mutual funds are withdrawing from bonds as well. DSP divesting 200 crore is a warning of what can happen if someone else withdraws from ILFS CP. Very likely again by some other fund manager.

Lot of stocks are at 52 week lows and will continue downward trend. But I see this as best time to shape up the portfolio and cash on this huge sell offs.

Edited by Straight Drive

On 10/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, velu said:

10,300 :fear1:

was 11,800 one month back .. 1,500pts in one month 

bad for option sellers 

its been ridiculous past few days , markets been changing direction 3-4 times in a day . it was very easy to make money in sept .

I thot I  traded exceptionally well to save my capital last few days lol 

if the market continues to show weakness , shorting IT could pay off ..there is not much left in Banks .

22 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

its been ridiculous past few days , markets been changing direction 3-4 times in a day . it was very easy to make money in sept .

I thot I  traded exceptionally well to save my capital last few days lol 

if the market continues to show weakness , shorting IT could pay off ..there is not much left in Banks .

i am not into any direction based strategy :fencing:

generally retail will turn bullish at the top and turn bearish at the bottom of the mkts :phehe: 

my view is bank nifty looks stronger than nifty and last 300pt down move in nifty after RBI decision was overdoing ..

anyway we are into result season , mkt need a reason to move up or down 

Just now, velu said:

sgx nifty additional 125 points down .. 

its sort of expected for quite sometime .. people were speculating that before previous rbi meet as well 

Even the deputy Guv Viral acharya resigns ... :facepalm:

Whats happening... this will impact the Modi govt more than the scams

4 minutes ago, diga said:

Even the deputy Guv Viral acharya resigns ... :facepalm:

Whats happening... this will impact the Modi govt more than the scams

last RBI meet ( not the policy meet ) went for 9hrs instead of usual 1/1.30 hrs .. things are expected

last time when his resignation news came , BN opend gap down 600 points .. this time the reaction for this will be milder than that ( but we got election results as well )

yeah .. congress can market this as scam , but otehr bonus news is mallya will be soon landing in india

7 minutes ago, velu said:

yeah .. congress can market this as scam , but otehr bonus news is mallya will be soon landing in india

Ohh.. I meant this standoff between RBI vs Govt is much worse than a scam. FII's will be wary of govt meddling in policy 

Just now, diga said:

Ohh.. I meant this standoff between RBI vs Govt is much worse than a scam. FII's will be wary of govt meddling in policy 

government is doing the right thing imo .. nbfc companies are in cash crunch because of il&fs troubles and on top of that rbi wants to tighten lending

will be positive for the mkts if we get any dovish governor .. we hit a speedbreak because of demonetization as well 

2 hours ago, velu said:

patanjali might go public soon ..

i think ramdev dont have any significant share other than being its free promoter

From whatever i had read Acharya Balkrishna holds 90+ % share in it, isn't it?

If Patanjali gets listed it will attract good returns and the company can be expected to grow strongly as a result of more investment by major players/ investors. Acharya Balkrishna will lose some control but still he will continue at the board.

A strong competition will emerge to HUL, which is debt free and has loads of successful brands in portfolio along with recent acquisition of Horlicks (royalty applicable), Boost, Viva and Maltova.  FMCG will get more competitive with the listing of Patanjali.

20 hours ago, velu said:

@jusarrived  came across few brokers who are offering 15-20 times leverage  ( minimum limit 5L .. if we trade everyday then we are their golden goose )..

people whose living depends on expiry trades are their main clients :brushteeth:

you mean 20X for writing options ? please dont say ICICI direct lol

Anyway Zerodha has screwd me badly , keeps crashing at the wrong time . I am open for alternatives 

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

you mean 20X for writing options ? please dont say ICICI direct lol

Anyway Zerodha has screwd me badly , keeps crashing at the wrong time . I am open for alternatives 

nah .. these guys gives margin for normal order .. no need to place cover or bracket order

wisdom capital , zebuetrade , alice blue are giving 15 times ..

astha capital gives 22 times without any fuss  ..

but brokerages are per lot basis .. 5 to 10rs per lot