Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

3 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Also this shouldn't have needed the opposition captain consent as it is a national call up .Dumb rule that from BCCI as well.

Could be a rule for the first class cricket. I believe even first class matches should follow a set of rules to be considered as one

31 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Delhi put back in trouble. It will be tough chase for Delhi, who must win to ensure they have a chance to qualify. It will be really tough chasing in 4th innings.

chasing in 4th innings should be easy until it is a rank turner and it isnt. Even Unadkat has scored runs.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

chasing in 4th innings should be easy until it is a rank turner and it isnt. Even Unadkat has scored runs.

Easy is a very big word. Lead already 235. No doubt, they can chase, but chasing on any pitch, if the score is 220+ is never easy, that too on Indian pitch.

Stage set for Pant. Come out and score a century in a 4th day chase and get even more attention of the selectors.

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Easy is a very big word. Lead already 235. No doubt, they can chase, but chasing on any pitch, if the score is 220+ is never easy, that too on Indian pitch.

Stage set for Pant. Come out and score a century in a 4th day chase and get even more attention of the selectors.

Unadkat scoring runs, which means pitch has eased out for batting and got better rather than getting worse because it was at worst for batting on first two days.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Prashant Chopra got out after scoring 194 of 170 balls, 23 fours and 7 sixes.

nice.....best way to grab selectors attention is to play well in IPL......and best way to grab a spot in IPL is to play at good strike rate.....

This guy has some talent....moreover, he looks very dedicated

prashant chopra
I liked this guy in U-19 WC looked ... his technique was good, played with good tempo along the ground but didn't looked like he has extravagent shots
his strike rates and big innings surprises me... 
avg of 43 as opener is not bad especially with good no of home games at dharmsala

4 minutes ago, SUMO said:

prashant chopra
I liked this guy in U-19 WC looked ... his technique was good, played with good tempo along the ground but didn't looked like he has extravagent shots
his strike rates and big innings surprises me... 
avg of 43 as opener is not bad especially with good no of home games at dharmsala

averaging 61 this season, close to 1000 runs with an SR over 80. He should be in the next A team.

Edited by rkt.india
7 minutes ago, SUMO said:

yeah very impressive

Why it is more important to give him chances because he has played 4 FC seasons and is experienced enough. Look at Jennings, he does not have a great FC average, 35, but had a good last season and has been given a debut based on that. Chopra has shown a gradual improvement. He averaged 48 last season too with more than 500 runs. His first 2 seasons were probably low 30 average seasons. Played only only 1 game in his 3rd season, was out due to injury, so, this is actually his 5th season but one season where he missed out.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why it is more important to give him chances because he has played 4 FC seasons and is experienced enough. Look at Jennings, he does not have a great FC average, 35, but had a good last season and has been given a debut based on that. Chopra has shown a gradual improvement. He averaged 48 last season too with more than 500 runs. His first 2 seasons were probably low 30 average seasons. Played only only 1 game in his 3rd season, was out due to injury, so, this is actually his 5th season but one season where he missed out.

he should be sent for A-tours and duleep trophy for sure
I will put him behind mukund, herwadker and panchal at the moment because he plays in group C 

4 minutes ago, SUMO said:
22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He will be there in A teams next season, especially because of Anurag Thakur factor. But deserved though

7 minutes ago, SUMO said:

he should be sent for A-tours and duleep trophy for sure
I will put him behind mukund, herwadker and panchal at the moment because he plays in group C 

but group C has some decent bowling attacks in Haryana, Kerala, Hyderabad, Andhra. Last year,m they had Jharkhand and Saurashtra too.

Edited by rkt.india