Tennis :2017 season

tweaker

Guys, I know who at least can stop Nadal on clay this time.

Yes, its David Goffin. He played some crazy good tennis here in Madrid. He lost to Nadal but gave him a huge scare. I realy feel that he is playing some crazy good clay court tennis and I hope they are on the same side of the draw in Roland Garros.

Would love to see how deep Goffin goes there in Paris.

On 5/13/2017 at 11:41 AM, Cricketics said:

Guys, I know who at least can stop Nadal on clay this time.

Yes, its David Goffin. He played some crazy good tennis here in Madrid. He lost to Nadal but gave him a huge scare. I realy feel that he is playing some crazy good clay court tennis and I hope they are on the same side of the draw in Roland Garros.

Would love to see how deep Goffin goes there in Paris.

I saw the match today- Thiem can stop him too. He was 'oh so close' to taking the 1st set, despite playing 12-14 hours after his semi-final. 

On 5/15/2017 at 2:20 AM, Muloghonto said:

I saw the match today- Thiem can stop him too. He was 'oh so close' to taking the 1st set, despite playing 12-14 hours after his semi-final. 

Thiem lost again. He got it in him to do well in French surely, but in a five setter, may be just too much for him to pounce Nadal. May be down the line but doesn't look like this year. 

I hope someone stops Nadal, but it is really looking hard, he is going to win I think. 

Thiem beats Nadal in Rome. So far these two have met on clay only and Nadal holds a 4-2 advantage. 
This season Nadal has looked rock-solid on clay but not unbeatable as he did in the prior seasons. Nadal has definitely slowed down a bit and his forehand definitely has lost a bit of zing. He is still super-consistent with his stroke-making on clay, so defeating him will still be a tough challenge. But possible. I'd say this year, if Djokovic/Murray/Wawrinka/Goffin/Thiem play at their top level, they can beat Nadal at the F/O. 

But Nadal is still the favourite. 

PS: DelPo-Djoker  2017 round 3 coming up soon ! 

1 minute ago, kumar713 said:

Looking forward to it:money:

Go DelPo ! 

On a side note, i find it impossible to root against this guy. Such a nice guy, such a great comeback story. And such a simple, yet effective game. No fancy-schmancy stuff, a solid bazooka of a serve, consistent & accurate backhand and a forehand thats like a sniper rifle. Practically only time i am a true neutral in a Federer match is when its versus DelPo.

Here's to hoping DelPo can beat the Djoker . So far DelPo has a 2-0 lead over Thiem on their H2H- both of them came last year, one on clay one on hard. Here's to hoping for a DelPo win !

On 5/20/2017 at 0:12 AM, Muloghonto said:

Go DelPo ! 

On a side note, i find it impossible to root against this guy. Such a nice guy, such a great comeback story. And such a simple, yet effective game. No fancy-schmancy stuff, a solid bazooka of a serve, consistent & accurate backhand and a forehand thats like a sniper rifle. Practically only time i am a true neutral in a Federer match is when its versus DelPo.

Here's to hoping DelPo can beat the Djoker . So far DelPo has a 2-0 lead over Thiem on their H2H- both of them came last year, one on clay one on hard. Here's to hoping for a DelPo win !

Nole dominated him through out the match plus was too good vs Thiem, but was off in Final against Zverev.

Good to see him in final atlast. Onwards now.

Guys, Citi Open in Washington DC this week, and I am headed there right now to support our Indian gang in qualies who both are surprisingly top seed in qualifying round. I am talking about Ramkumar and Yuki.

Should be a brilliant tournament. 

If anyone in the area and planning to visit citi open then give me a holler here.