Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

tweaker

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i saw only 1 big shot from dhawan off aniket stopped due to fielder in his 1st 3 overs 

I am not talking about big shots. I am talking about 3-4 cut/drive shots of Gambhir/Dhawan saved by point and cover fielders which was great fielding display and it showed how well Central Zone fielded yesterday all in all. Their fielding was pretty good barring letting the North Zone take 1 quick single. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am not talking about big shots. I am talking about 3-4 cut/drive shots of Gambhir/Dhawan saved by point and cover fielders which was great fielding display and it showed how well Central Zone fielded yesterday all in all. Their fielding was pretty good barring letting the North Zone take 1 quick single. 

most of those were straight to fielders and not in gaps.

Just now, rkt.india said:

most of those were straight to fielders and not in gaps.

Some of those were proper dives, yeah some of them could be to fielders which is jard to oredict on tv when shown sideways, but their fielding display was probably better than most teams. They seem to show more camraderie also as a team under Naman than most zonal teams. 

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

bhai they will play shots ,this is t20 ,and the fielders will always be there if bowl bowl to your field , i can recall only 1 shot off aniket by dhawan which was a rank bad ball and the fielder stopped it

Bhai mere I am not denying. I quoted you first only to add  to what you were saying that central also fielded well which was the part of the reason why they won if not the main reason. 

I am not disagreeing that Dhawan and co sucked yesterday. 

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Thampi is not a wayward bowler at all. Even today, he bowled in good areas and was economical.

He has good skills for a young pacer.

I just saw only one over....i think 17th or 18th over.....

Attempted yorker became a juicy full toss on the leg-stump and his short ball was too far outside the off-stump....

So, it was a very small sample....

What you are saying might be absolutely true.....and i am more than happy to hear that

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I just saw only one over....i think 17th or 18th over.....

Attempted yorker became a juicy full toss on the leg-stump and his short ball was too far outside the off-stump....

So, it was a very small sample....

What you are saying might be absolutely true.....and i am more than happy to hear that

Look at the runs given in this SMA trophy by Thampi  ( first column shows wickets / runs given )  and you will  get an idea. I have watched him bowl in 6 matches so far    : )

Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
1/28 South Zone v East Zone Mumbai 15 Feb 2017 T20
0/28 South Zone v North Zone Mumbai 12 Feb 2017 T20
1/20 Kerala v Tamil Nadu Chennai 3 Feb 2017 T20
3/19 Kerala v Goa Chennai 2 Feb 2017 T20
0/24 Kerala v Hyderabad Chennai 31 Jan 2017 T20
1/31 Kerala v Karnataka Chennai 30 Jan 2017 T20
3/18 Kerala v Andhra Chennai 29 Jan 2017 T20

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/732291.html

Edited by express bowling