Cricket Telecast/Broadcast Thread - The hookups to watch cricket

Cricketics

10 hours ago, sandeep said:

I've had Willow since 2003 - "that" series down under with the famous Veeru 195 and Steve Waugh retirement.  Have had Willow off and on on TV as well, don't have it at the moment.  Use "other" sites occasionally as well.  ESPN3 often has the Kiwi games, that works well.  

I miss the days of commercial free broadcasts on willow.  Nowadays, they've "monetized" this broadcast as well, so you get endless repetitions of the same shitty commercials aimed at NRIs over and over.  and over.  10 years ago or so, you would get a lot of blooper type conversations between commentators who weren't aware that the feed was live during commercial break.  That's how I know that Wasim Akram and Shastri are some of the tharki-est desi commentators out there.  

That commercial free broadcast was actually through Direct TV and Willow and DIrect Tv had p'ship.

Directv's PPV feed used to show those bloopers and discussions which you are talking about, including press conferences after the game. I remember having over million views on youtube when I shared the video of Yuvi and Lalit Modi celebrating after 2007 t20world cup with a press reporter during semi final victory against Australia. That was only possible dur to directv's feed. DirectTV kept the feed on, which was fun. Willow had the same feed as Directv until they parted ways. 

I have updated the opening post with this information which I thought would help many posters in picking the best available legal options in their area. Feel free to share more options and I will update the OP so we can have a good list. Please if possible, share the exact tv network provider too in your country which has the channels available to watch cricket. Also, if you see there is something wrong with my list, then let me know. 

How to watch cricket in:-

INDIA

On TV - There are many TV channels like Star Sports and Ten Sports which cover cricket in India. Most of these channels are available on Tata Sky and other(?) competitive satellite TV providers.

Online  Hotstar and Sony Live covers cricket matches online also for viewers in India.

USA

On TV - Willow Cricket channel is available on most satellite and cable TV providers like Verizon, Dish Network, Comcast etc. Willow covers all matches from India(excluding IPL), Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, UAE, West Indies

One World Sports covers all England home matches and Caribbean Cricket league. The channel is available on Verizon, Directv and few more providers like Google fiber etc

NBCSN covers 10 matches of Big Bash League.

Online Willow.tv is the best way to watch cricket in USA on internet. It has a monthly package of $14.99 which covers all the cricket matches they televise on their TV channel. The games from India, RSA, Australia, UAE and West Indies are usually covered

WatchESPN is available for free on most internet prociders. It braodcasts all the matches from New Zealand. It also covers many domestic matches from West Indies.

OneWorldSports app/website also allows you to watch the live feed of the channel if you have the credentials of your tv providers account. Whole English summer of cricket is covered on this channel from the feed of Sky Sports. 

United Kingdom

On TV -  SkySports and BY Sports are the two major channels covering cricket in UK. (Need more information regarding the availability of these channels on different providers)

Online - Sky Sports App and website allows you to buy online subsription to purchase the channel. They have various packages available. 

BT Sports website too allows you to purchase the monthly package.

Australia

On TV -  

Channel 9 covers all the home cricket matches.  TEN covers the Big Bash. Both channels are available easily in Australia.

Fox covers most away games in Australia.

Online - Optus website allows you to purchase summer of cricket packages via cricket.comau website.

Canada, UAE and other countries will be updated soon. I would also need info on  places like UK and Australia to  make it more specific and detailed like we have for US.

32 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Pathetic willow tv online broadcast. They are not showing CT online but are showing on their tv channel. 

They want you to pay extra 10 bucks to sling tv to watch ct. 

IMG_2278.PNG

They give you a free code for sling to watch CT, but you have to register with Sling and remember to cancel else they will auto-bill you.  And sling technology suxx.  If you switch from one device to another, it keeps erroring out saying another device is streaming for more than 20 minutes.   I dont have Willow on TV, only streaming, and this sling issue is a real PITA.

35 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Pathetic willow tv online broadcast. They are not showing CT online but are showing on their tv channel. 

They want you to pay extra 10 bucks to sling tv to watch ct. 

IMG_2278.PNG

Well I cancelled cable and got sling and subscribed Willow on it...Willow is much cheaper  that way of course it makes sense if you watch other network tv shows or HBO through sling

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

They give you a free code for sling to watch CT, but you have to register with Sling and remember to cancel else they will auto-bill you.  And sling technology suxx.  If you switch from one device to another, it keeps erroring out saying another device is streaming for more than 20 minutes.   I dont have Willow on TV, only streaming, and this sling issue is a real PITA.

Yeah, have used sling in the past just as a trial. Seemed okay to me but not a huge fan.

I have willow on verizon at home but when on road, i needed willow app to work but now this sling thing has come up whivh is disappointinf, but it is just for ICC tournament so that is better.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well I cancelled cable and got sling and subscribed Willow on it...Willow is much cheaper  that way of course it makes sense if you watch other network tv shows or HBO through sling

HBO on sling cost about same as HBO on other providers right?

I mean they all are either 10 or 14.99 a month on verizon, sling, dish etc.

Sling is good option if you are not home all the time but not the best. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

HBO on sling cost about same as HBO on other providers right?

I mean they all are either 10 or 14.99 a month on verizon, sling, dish etc.

Sling is good option if you are not home all the time but not the best. 

Yeah but better having all subscriptions under one. Also I cancelled cable and I sling has option to get Indian channels as well. I just activate it when parents are here and then cancel when they leave

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Yeah but better having all subscriptions under one. Also I cancelled cable and I sling has option to get Indian channels as well. I just activate it when parents are here and then cancel when they leave

Yes, that way sling is good and popular among desis.

It is actually Dish Network package available for people online or for those who can't have dish Installed in their aprtments.

No one in our family watches Indian channels anymore so verizon works well for me. Though I do want some regular Hindi channels which just show movies, like set max, zee cinema, Ok movie channeletc. Looking to see some cheaper option just to get those and not other shyt Indian channels. I wish sling allowed to customize your package. 

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You need a device in addition to the TV to use sling as a cable replacement right?  And can someone be using sling at home to watch one channel, while you use it on another to watch a different channel?

Not really....I use Roku and sometimes chromecast it through Sling TV app...I believe you can do multiple streaming with probably some limit of course. Not sure what the limit is

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You need a device in addition to the TV to use sling as a cable replacement right?  And can someone be using sling at home to watch one channel, while you use it on another to watch a different channel?

Sling can be used on cell phone or laptop, and then you can chromecast it to tv.

If you have Roku, you can even use it there as Roku has an app. 

Also, I once did a trial with them and me and my beother were both able to log in on cell ohone with the same id and were watching different channels.

I am not sure if it is still allowed or they blocked it now.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, that way sling is good and popular among desis.

It is actually Dish Network package available for people online or for those who can't have dish Installed in their aprtments.

No one in our family watches Indian channels anymore so verizon works well for me. Though I do want some regular Hindi channels which just show movies, like set max, zee cinema, Ok movie channeletc. Looking to see some cheaper option just to get those and not other shyt Indian channels. I wish sling allowed to customize your package. 

I was paying for cable+about $15 for Willow....now through lLing Willow is only $5 bucks so in a way savings for me. but if you don't need cable just to get sling for $5 willow is obviously  foolish.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

I was paying for cable+about $15 for Willow....now through lLing Willow is only $5 bucks so in a way savings for me. but if you don't need cable just to get sling for $5 willow is obviously  foolish.

Willow tv online for me is for 5 bucks too simce I already have willow tv channel at home.

I think willow tv subscription is 14.99 for all but if your give them proof that you have willow channel at home, then they make it 5 dollars for you.

Though I love my hotstar option. I am

paying just 2.99 a month. I like that as a backup. 

Was having conversation wih some icf members and came to know that Ranji games from knockout round will be shown on Star Sports but the regular games will not be telecast on TV.

However, I heard the regular games will be shown on Hotstar. If that’s the case, as long as they are covering few games every week online, its really not a bad way to watch Ranji. I also have a feeling that these games might actually be shown in USA on tv even though they are not being shown on TV in India.