Keshav Maharaj

Laaloo

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

I think he will outbowl the Indian spinners mostly because he knows the pitches and what to do.

That's quite a claim there. I think Ash is smart enough and skilled enough to adapt quickly.  And people always underestimate Sir as a test bowler.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's quite a claim there. I think Ash is smart enough and skilled enough to adapt quickly.  And people always underestimate Sir as a test bowler.  

I will be happy if he does. He did improve in the Oz tour, but I'm not sure how well he will do in SA; too many Jo'burg memories for me.

39 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I will be happy if he does. He did improve in the Oz tour, but I'm not sure how well he will do in SA; too many Jo'burg memories for me.

I know what you mean.  Keeping fingers crossed that Shami is fully fit for most of that tour, and then everything else flows from there.   Its going to be a good series. I'm going to be in India in early Jan, so may even get to watch a bulk of it on TV.  High hopes.  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I know what you mean.  Keeping fingers crossed that Shami is fully fit for most of that tour, and then everything else flows from there.   Its going to be a good series. I'm going to be in India in early Jan, so may even get to watch a bulk of it on TV.  High hopes.  

Yes, I think it represents our best chance after 2011; and we could have won that series if not for Kallis (Tendu's last great Test series).

Keshav Maharaj the mighty conqueror of NZ and Aus rendered toothless in front of Ashwin........ There is simply no comparison between the 2 in case you have followed this series. Most of us love to downplay Ashwin because of his so called poor overseas record. But in 2014-15 in the 3 tests he and Lyon played together Ash had a better record. Australia is a graveyard for offies and Ash has a better record there than Murali, Bhajji, Swann and Ajmal. Ash outbowled Herath in Lanka and now Maharaj in SA. Even in England he didn't bowl much but had a respectable average of 32. Damn unlucky so far over here and no way does he deserve the bile he gets on ICF.