SOS (Realistic Scenario - Tests)

zen

• Kohli will not be dropped as a captain in test, unless he resigns, till ODI WC 2019
  • Same could be the case for Shastri unless BCCI will use him as a scapegoat (and they would not be wrong as Shastri has allowed Kohli to do as Kohli likes). He is likely to continue in this series  
  • Vijay, Ishant, Dhawan, DK, etc. are not the future for India in tests 
  • Rahul has just been introduced so deserves a full series
  • Rahane and Yadav are question marks 
  • Bhuvi is probably out of the series. Bumrah has question marks over his fitness too 
  • In the long term, there could be a need to have a new test captain post WC 2019 

As I had mentioned on one of the threads, selectors should have chosen the side for the first two tests only. They need to revamp the squad 

Suggestions:

• Pant gets a look in 
  • Chahar, who can swing the ball, can be tried 
  • Bring in upcoming talents so bring in a pace bowler 
  • Pujara can open the inning, along with Rahul 
  • Kohli can take the responsibility of batting at 3 
  • Shami will have to be the spearhead 
  • Pandya and Ashwin have performed in both departments. They are our key players 
  • That's 9 players. Two slots are still open 

There have been instances in past where SOS have been handed to players outside the squad.

Therefore India can still call Siraj, Chahar and Shaw. The following is radical, but worth trying something then same old junk:

Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant, Pandya, Ashwin, Shami, Bumrah, Ishant.

Next match (4th), kick-out Ishant bring in Chahar or Siraj

1 minute ago, chewy said:

There have been instances in past where SOS have been handed to players outside the squad.

Therefore India can still call Siraj, Chahar and Shaw. The following is radical, but worth trying something then same old junk:

Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant, Pandya, Ashwin, Shami, Bumrah, Ishant.

At this point in time I'm willing to fly in Dravid and Dada, unfortunately those guys will also be feeling depressed seeing this sorry lot. At least in 2011 we faced peak England, not this pathetic bunch which can roll over on featherbeds of Aus.

1 minute ago, chewy said:

Ideally, I would like guys like Shaw to start in a home series to gain confidence. If they fail in Eng, it is harder to make a comeback to team Ind .... The 1st test series at home after the WC is vs SA iirc 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

IF an SOS is send - might as well to many 

Shaw, Mayank - openers

Vihari, gill, shankar- middle order

Bowlers- chahar, gurbani, rajpoot, siraj 

But to be honest i expect all the batsman to struggle 

It is always good to try young batsmen and even spinners in home series where they can gain confidence. Young pace bowlers can be tried in SENA .... Though some of the new players have made a mark in Eng in the past - Dravid, Ganguly(who was on 1992 tour to Aus), Kumble (1990 ODIs?), etc. 

Edited by zen

I think Karthik missed a wonderful opportunity to replace Saha. Pandya's place should be replaced by proper batsman. I think Jadeja would be prefer. Kuldeep is a wrong selection instead of a seamer, he should be first settle in shorter formats. Rahul is also more like shorter format batsman where he needs to first calm down before play shots. Too many poor shot selections by indian batsmen. I believe Shastri is not the right choice. There should be a foreign coach. It happened to us also when Waqar was coaching. Players are not obedient to desi coaches. Need to correct disciplines first. 

Just now, zen said:

It is always good to try young batsmen and even spinners in home series where they can gain confidence. Young pace bowlers can be tried in SENA .... Though some of the new players have made a mark in Eng in the past - Dravid, Ganguly(who was on 1992 tour to Aus), Kumble (1990 ODIs?), etc. 

m up for trying but dravid , ganguly were top class n at that time LOI didnt impact ur game as it does now.....and they didnt have to face attack of this quality 

Neways try them....but i feel the best is keeping our expectation low