Badrinath deserves his chance !

badrinath

The likes of sachin, dravid and ganguly were all playing for india in their early 20s, and they showed the wrold india had a good youth. Some of the greats have retired such as lara, inzy, jayasuriya(tests) and fleming, but for indias sake the big three r still there. I keep saying now we need to get these youngsters in. We have a good youth but we are not playing them at all. Sure they are getting first class and list A practice but not international. The likes of chawla, Raina, Dhawan, Tiwary are not being played regulary which is depriving them. One man who has really hoen class this past year is Badrinath. A classy stroke maker who has very good averages such as 40 and 56, which seem impressive. When playing and not being picked he let out his agression with tons against SA, and even that cant impress the BCCI. I strongly hope that soon they get youngsters in as most teams in cricket and starting to do that.

Badrinath is probably just one test series away from inclusion into test squad. For the Saffies, I am quite sure India will play the team that played in the second test against Pakistan, with Sehwag being one of the openers and either Jaffer/Karthik given another, albeit a last chance to prove their credentials as openers. Gambhir will also get a look-in, into the test squad. So, the team will, in all probability, look like this. Sehwah Jaffer/Karthik/Gambhir Dravid Sachin Ganguly Laxman Dhoni Kumble Bhajji/Irfan/Sreesanth RPS Ishant The only contentious spot is the opener's spot. It will be a 14 man squad for the 3 match series. So,potentially, even Yuvi could find it tough to make it into the squad, unless he volunteers to open. Sreesanth is also almost on the verge of being asked questions over his place in the side, esp if Zaheer is fully fit. I would take a fully fit Zaheer over Sreesanth, any day. Therefore, it is inconceivable to think how Badri could make into the squad. But, most the MO now being occupied by batsman in their mid 30s, He should wait and bide his time.

Badrinath should be tried at ODI's --- he should be kept in the squad so that he can be rotated with Rohit,Robin and Yuvi when injured. Badri is too good a player to be left out for a long time... He should be in Australia instead of M Tiwary

I said, before Yuvraj even got picked in the Test squad, that Badrinath should have been the next in line. This guy has more than proven himself at all the levels below international level, yet has not even been given one chance at the top. OK he may fail miserably at International cricket ... but he deserves a shot.