WC19 Warm Up Matches

zen

11 minutes ago, zen said:

Schedule

• WI games vs SA and NZ should be fun 
  • There is Eng vs Aus and Ind vs NZ as well 

India played the same two teams(NZ and Bangladesh) in the Champions Trophy Warmups. 

India would have preferred playing at Southampton or Manchester instead of Cardiff. India play no matches at Cardiff in the main event.

9 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

India played the same two teams(NZ and Bangladesh) in the Champions Trophy Warmups. 

India would have preferred playing at Southampton or Manchester instead of Cardiff. India play no matches at Cardiff in the main event.

I would have preferred if Ind played different teams as well but would not lose sleep over that though 

24 minutes ago, zen said:

Warm-ups will wrap up tomorrow with BD vs Ind and NZ vs WI. The venues are Cardiff and Bristol where the games were eventually abandoned. I hope that the weather stays good tomorrow. 

I'm just relieved that India won't play any games at those venues in the main event. 

Ind's TM is Shastri, Kohli, Rohit (VC) and Dhoni (Senior), which is relatively conservative and banks on experienced players. Which could mean an opportunity for guys like Jadhav, DK, and Jadeja to eventually make it to the 11 :dontknow:

Positives from today's games

• For Ind, KL has been able to seal the #4 spot. Now it is up to him to make the best use of the opportunity 
  • WI batsmen clicked to put a 400+ total  
  • NZ and BD had forgettable outing but there were learning opportunities for them 
  • BD played the game too casually though 
Edited by zen