Jump to content
The Dark Horse

Bhajji gets edgy

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dont talk like shastri as if opp was some 1980s WI .....It was WI of today  ...we wud have won with even binny 

 

 

And Vihari had no contribution?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Khota said:

Harbhajan was never the worst spinner in CT. Ashwin has a huge identity crisis.

One tournament does not make or break a player. Harbhajan has had far worse test series than Ashwin and unlike Ashwin he was never a #1 rated ODI bowler either. Harbhajan is nowhere near Ashwin as a bowler

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

One tournament does not make or break a player. Harbhajan has had far worse test series than Ashwin and unlike Ashwin he was never a #1 rated ODI bowler either. Harbhajan is nowhere near Ashwin as a bowler

That is a opinion. Ashwin is a plain mediocre bowler and nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Khota said:

That is a opinion. Ashwin is a plain mediocre bowler and nothing else.

Ashwin was ranked #1 in ODIs and Tests. That isn’t an opinion, that’s a fact. Bhajji was not. Also facts. If Ashwin with his massively superior record is mediocre, then Bhajji was even worse. Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Ashwin was ranked #1 in ODIs and Tests. That isn’t an opinion, that’s a fact. Bhajji was not. Also facts. If Ashwin with his massively superior record is mediocre, then Bhajji was even worse. Simple.

Explain massively superior record?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Khota said:

Explain massively superior record?

More wickets per match , superior strike rate, average, five fors , ten fors, superior home average, superior away average, superior record vs all teams played by both, except Australia ( where it’s close- Bhajji averages 29.95 vs Oz, Ravi averages 31.89), superior average in every single country played by both except South Africa. Ashwin has superior consistency rate too: has 6/8 seasons averaging under 30 with the ball( 5 of which are average of 25 or under ), while Bhajji only has 4/16 seasons averaging under 30, with only 3 averaging 25 or under.

 

All this translates to massively superior record as Ashwin has a superior record to Bhajji in almost every category.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

More wickets per match , superior strike rate, average, five fors , ten fors, superior home average, superior away average, superior record vs all teams played by both, except Australia ( where it’s close- Bhajji averages 29.95 vs Oz, Ravi averages 31.89), superior average in every single country played by both except South Africa. Ashwin has superior consistency rate too: has 6/8 seasons averaging under 30 with the ball( 5 of which are average of 25 or under ), while Bhajji only has 4/16 seasons averaging under 30, with only 3 averaging 25 or under.

 

All this translates to massively superior record as Ashwin has a superior record to Bhajji in almost every category.

Harbhajan was sharing his work load with the best spinner of all times. Ashwin did not do that. harbhajan was never the worst bowler in any important tournament. Ashwin was.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Khota said:

Harbhajan was sharing his work load with the best spinner of all times. Ashwin did not do that. harbhajan was never the worst bowler in any important tournament. Ashwin was.

Sharing workloads with world class bowlers almost always produces superior averages but lower wickets/match. This is provable by numerous analysis. You are not helping Bhajji cause here. Being the worst bowler for a week or two of his career doesn’t change the fact that Ashwin is head and shoulders above Bhajji as a bowler over their careers and dominates Bhajji in almost every measurable criteria. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

One tournament does not make or break a player. Harbhajan has had far worse test series than Ashwin and unlike Ashwin he was never a #1 rated ODI bowler either. Harbhajan is nowhere near Ashwin as a bowler

 

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

More wickets per match , superior strike rate, average, five fors , ten fors, superior home average, superior away average, superior record vs all teams played by both, except Australia ( where it’s close- Bhajji averages 29.95 vs Oz, Ravi averages 31.89), superior average in every single country played by both except South Africa. Ashwin has superior consistency rate too: has 6/8 seasons averaging under 30 with the ball( 5 of which are average of 25 or under ), while Bhajji only has 4/16 seasons averaging under 30, with only 3 averaging 25 or under.

 

All this translates to massively superior record as Ashwin has a superior record to Bhajji in almost every category.

 

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Sharing workloads with world class bowlers almost always produces superior averages but lower wickets/match. This is provable by numerous analysis. You are not helping Bhajji cause here. Being the worst bowler for a week or two of his career doesn’t change the fact that Ashwin is head and shoulders above Bhajji as a bowler over their careers and dominates Bhajji in almost every measurable criteria. 

Couldn't resist from posting, mulo you are wasting your time arguing with an idiot. Single-handedly brings down average posting quality on ICF. 

 

To add to your well made points, if Ashwin had a forgettable tournament (2017 CT) he also had ICC tournaments where he was the best (2014 WT20 LINK) or among the best...more MOMs in these big events including must win encounters. Made an impact immediately in 2011 WC QF against Australia, 2015 WC where he finished as one of the best (contrast with Kul-Cha in 2019 edition), in CT 2013 edition he had a big role in our win in the final defending a low total with the best spell of the match. 

 

Another point to be noted is Harbhajan relied a lot on doosra (early phase of his career) and when ICC clampdown on chucking became strict he was exposed as a bang mediocre bowler. No matter what anyone says doosra can't be bowled legally. Dartbhajan's darts cost us many straightforward victories in the late 2000s even in the subcontinent which meant that despite being a tremendous team in SENA we barely latched on to the #1 spot  and lost it immediately after our first overseas catastrophe. And did I mention his act of chickening out in Nagpur 2004 or England 2011? Always been a meek, petty fellow, his SM antics just expose what an insecure person he is. 

 

Even if Ashwin doesn't play another match for India his legacy is secured, 7 test MOS is no laughing matter. Earlier we were difficult to beat at home, post Ashwin's initiation we started ruthlessly stomping opponents at home, no more 1-0 business, we learnt how to dish out whitewashes, 4-0 beatings...mantra behind our #1 rank and high rating points. Our most underrated victory came in SL in 2015 after 22 years (from 0-1 down against the last high quality Lankan team) where Ash dominated Sanga and got MOS. I call that series win important because we were #7 in the rankings, inexperienced, going through a bad phase, we backed that with a thumping over SA who had been on a 9 years unbeaten overseas run (again guess who was MOS? ) -> kickstarted our rise to the top and from then on no looking back.

 

But hey why let facts come in the way? In a world where ARs do not exist and Nadeem better than a former #1 ranked bowler. 

 

PS: Khota don't quote me, only so much drivel a person can handle in a lifetime. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Khota said:

That is a opinion. Ashwin is a plain mediocre bowler and nothing else.

mediocre players dont win most number of man of the series for the team

Player

Matches

Series

Awards

Ravichandran Ashwin 36 13 6
Virender Sehwag 104 39 5
Sachin Tendulkar 200 74 5
Kapil Dev 131 38 4
Harbhajan Singh 103 47 4
Anil Kumble 132 51 4
Rahul Dravid 164 60 4
Mohammad Azharuddin 99 37 3
Zaheer Khan 92 41 3
Sourav Ganguly 113 45

3

 

 

 

 

Ashwin tally is 7 now n by the time he retires he ll add a few more. 

One bad series.....really??? Look at the number of series he won for his team more then anyone

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Khota said:

Explain massively superior record?

 

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

are you contesting massively or superior record ?

ashwin has 342 wkts in 65 test avg of 25

bhajji 417 wkts in 103 test......avg of 32

 

Even if ashwin plays poorely from here ....he ll beat his record in 15 games max which still wud be 23 games before......that is a massivly superior record 

 

In terms of batting also

ashwin avg 29 with 4-100s

bhajji - 18 with 2-100s

 

Now the test matches both have played together on same pitches against same batsman

In 5 matches they both have played together 

Ashwin has 35 wkts and bhajji 11.......Zameen asmaan ka farq

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Khota said:

Harbhajan was sharing his work load with the best spinner of all times. Ashwin did not do that. harbhajan was never the worst bowler in any important tournament. Ashwin was.

Ashwin shared his workload with jadeja who is as dangerous as anyone in Indian condition

If kumble was the reason, post his retirement bhajji became aweful n was just holding his place for years due to lack of option until ashwin emerged 

 

Strangely still guys like wasim, waqar, mcgrath, warne all have gr8 record despite sharing workloads

 

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Sharing workloads with world class bowlers almost always produces superior averages but lower wickets/match. This is provable by numerous analysis. You are not helping Bhajji cause here. Being the worst bowler for a week or two of his career doesn’t change the fact that Ashwin is head and shoulders above Bhajji as a bowler over their careers and dominates Bhajji in almost every measurable criteria. 

Week or two. Give me a break. It is a tournament and you have to peak at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

ashwin has 342 wkts in 65 test avg of 25

bhajji 417 wkts in 103 test......avg of 32

 

Even if ashwin plays poorely from here ....he ll beat his record in 15 games max which still wud be 23 games before......that is a massivly superior record 

 

In terms of batting also

ashwin avg 29 with 4-100s

bhajji - 18 with 2-100s

 

Now the test matches both have played together on same pitches against same batsman

In 5 matches they both have played together 

Ashwin has 35 wkts and bhajji 11.......Zameen asmaan ka farq

At that time Ashwin was the newbie and Harbhajan was on his way down. Bad example.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kaptaan said:

Someone please create Ashwin Vs bhajji poll and end the debate :dance:

Polls don't solvethis problem. If you poll on this forum people still want Shankar on this team. Especially the resident expert.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ashwin shared his workload with jadeja who is as dangerous as anyone in Indian condition

If kumble was the reason, post his retirement bhajji became aweful n was just holding his place for years due to lack of option until ashwin emerged 

 

Strangely still guys like wasim, waqar, mcgrath, warne all have gr8 record despite sharing workloads

 

 

Jadeja has become dangerous to win your arguement. Last month you did not want him in the team. That is why you dont have any credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How does vihari contributing make WI a better side

If his n pandya comparison has to be made we need to see how he does n SA, eng, aus ....aus his contribution was not much.

Your world is crumbling around you. it has dawned upon you that Pandya will not find way back in the test team. That is what happens if you are not good at one trade.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Khota said:

Jadeja has become dangerous to win your arguement. Last month you did not want him in the team. That is why you dont have any credibility.

that was odi team this is test.....hope u knw the diff 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Khota said:

At that time Ashwin was the newbie and Harbhajan was on his way down. Bad example.

whole career is an example till how long wud u deny that ....ashwin is miles ahead when it comes to whole career

 

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

Your world is crumbling around you. it has dawned upon you that Pandya will not find way back in the test team. That is what happens if you are not good at one trade.

we ll see when next overseas series comes 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Khota said:

You are the only one who knows but you are consistently wrong.

n ur right who never comes up with any fact when presented in an argument. Here 3 user answered ur theories with facts n stats n all u came up with is lines.....shows how much u knw

Ohh btw how is DK doing ? 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

n ur right who never comes up with any fact when presented in an argument. Here 3 user answered ur theories with facts n stats n all u came up with is lines.....shows how much u knw

Ohh btw how is DK doing ? 

DK is doing great. How is Dhoni, Shankar, Vijay and Ashwin?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Khota said:

DK is doing great. How is Dhoni, Shankar, Vijay and Ashwin?

Ashwin is doing gr8 in county cricket.....not being bitter like bhajji . Performing n constantly trying to improve unlike bhajji who says **** on twitter and when he gets a chance he sux

Shankar is recovering from injury

Dhoni is about to retire as legend unlike DK who will retire as a fraud

Vijay career is over still he is playing county ......wud be playing with DK in domestic soon

 

ANy more updates u need since ur bsy watching baseball n commenting on cricket

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ashwin is doing gr8 in county cricket.....not being bitter like bhajji . Performing n constantly trying to improve unlike bhajji who says **** on twitter and when he gets a chance he sux

Shankar is recovering from injury

Dhoni is about to retire as legend unlike DK who will retire as a fraud

Vijay career is over still he is playing county ......wud be playing with DK in domestic soon

 

ANy more updates u need since ur bsy watching baseball n commenting on cricket

Bhaji :hysterical:Worst bowler to took 400 test wicket. Even bhaji know, Ashwin is miles better than him.:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, kohli said:

Bhaji :hysterical:Worst bowler to took 400 test wicket. Even bhaji know, Ashwin is miles better than him.:giggle:

worst or good he has taken 400 wkts .....credit where its due.  When he came he was really good  

 

But hate how he cribs. Still remeber he tweeted in that 2014-15 aus tour when karan sharma failed in adeilade test.....bhajji tweeter something like he wud have had fun on that pitch with aussie batsman. When he got his 1st chance in Aus....langer n maar maar ke buri haalat kr di thi

 

When he got his chances on spin frendly pitches in SL same year he failed....even in previous yrs in Indian conditions he failed.

His attitude reminds me of some of bitter pakistan ex- cricketers. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Khota said:

Week or two. Give me a break. It is a tournament and you have to peak at that time.

And it’s over a week or two. Sucking for a week or two does not change the fact that Ashwin is head and shoulders ahead of Bhajji as a bowler through their careers . Already demonstrated by facts.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2019 at 8:25 AM, Muloghonto said:

And it’s over a week or two. Sucking for a week or two does not change the fact that Ashwin is head and shoulders ahead of Bhajji as a bowler through their careers . Already demonstrated by facts.

You are getting confused between opinions and facts.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bhajji is a better bowler then ashwin is ur opinion

Ashwin is better is a fact coz in terms of numbers bhajji is not even close 

Fact:: Under controlled conditions Ashwin was the worst spinner.

Fact: Under controlled conditions Bhajji was never the worst spinner in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Khota said:

Fact:: Under controlled conditions Ashwin was the worst spinner.

He was really good in Aus 2015 Wc....which are not helpful conditions in World

Bowled pretty well in 2013 CT which was in england

Quote

Fact: Under controlled conditions Bhajji was never the worst spinner in the world.

ohh really in 2010 t20 WC in WI......he played 5 games did not take a single wkt. Yes my frend 5 games 0 wkt.....

 

 

check ur facts - in controlled condition

 

2004- bang vs ind series in bangladesh(helpful pitches for spinner) against minnows avg of 94

2005 - Ind vs pak in India home pitches) avg of 74

2005 series in pak- subcontinet pitches avg of 103

2007 home series against Aus avg of 87

 

These are horrible stats.....i didnt even include avg of 50-60 series and these were just subcontinet pitches....dont even get me started on his overseas poor series becoz list wont end . This was only ODI cricket so dnt me even get me started on test cricket when he beaten at home despite having kumble at other end 

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Khota said:

You are getting confused between opinions and facts.

Nope. You are. Fact is Ashwin has been vastly superior to Harbhajan over their careers. Honestly it’s not even close. And those are fully supported by facts. Saying Ashwin is a mediocre bowler is NOT supported by facts simply because there are not many spinners with figures and achievements in career as Ashwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Khota said:

Fact:: Under controlled conditions Ashwin was the worst spinner.

Fact: Under controlled conditions Bhajji was never the worst spinner in the world.

Wrong. Under controlled conditions Ashwin is vastly superior, once statistically analyzed mathematically . You cherry picking one tournament here or there is mathematically invalid and also probable by standard mathematical facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Wrong. Under controlled conditions Ashwin is vastly superior, once statistically analyzed mathematically . You cherry picking one tournament here or there is mathematically invalid and also probable by standard mathematical facts. 

I have given stats......let him ask for more

I hve stats of Wc.....if he comes with world tournament criteria.....t20,test, ODI.....let him ask more those most of them will show how ahead is ashwin

 

The next time he cherry picks......ask him how many wkts did bhajji pic in 2010 t20 wc- answer is 0 in 5 games....ashwin even his so called worst tournament picked 1 in 3 games (which was after 4 fielder rule n 2 new ball rule). Bhajji 2010 was with 5 fielder rule in t20. So bhajji one worst tournament was even worse

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2019 at 4:27 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I have given stats......let him ask for more

I hve stats of Wc.....if he comes with world tournament criteria.....t20,test, ODI.....let him ask more those most of them will show how ahead is ashwin

 

The next time he cherry picks......ask him how many wkts did bhajji pic in 2010 t20 wc- answer is 0 in 5 games....ashwin even his so called worst tournament picked 1 in 3 games (which was after 4 fielder rule n 2 new ball rule). Bhajji 2010 was with 5 fielder rule in t20. So bhajji one worst tournament was even worse

He still keeps crawling back after being bombarded with all the evidence in the world (just in this page alone), must be a masochist :hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, Muloghonto said:

Ashwin was ranked #1 in ODIs and Tests. That isn’t an opinion, that’s a fact. Bhajji was not. Also facts. If Ashwin with his massively superior record is mediocre, then Bhajji was even worse. Simple.

While I agree with the overall point that Ashwin has contributed more than Harbhajan (esp the post-doosra Harbhajan), it is not useful to simply use era rankings to prove the point.  It is possible that bowler A's era featured a bunch of crap bowlers elevating him to a #1 ranking, whereas bowler H possibly bowled in an era of stalwarts.  

 

In Malayalam:  Mookillaa raajyaathe murimookkan raja.

 

Having said that, I will forever be indebted to Harbhajan for his 2001 hat-trick in the VVSL match.  Epoch-making match in which he had a huge hand!  

  

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2019 at 5:08 AM, Khota said:

I can spend sometime to refute your crap or let Ashwin self desctruct. I will let Ashwin do the work for me.

he did the work for u 7 wkt haul........boom self destruct 

27 -5 wkt haul not retired yet, bhajji had 25....cant play anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he did the work for u 7 wkt haul........boom self destruct 

27 -5 wkt haul not retired yet, bhajji had 25....cant play anymore 

Once again it shows you ignorance. Ashwin has become the de facto choice right now. If he was bowling with another full time spinner you will see how inadequate he is.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

Fastest left arm spinner to 200 wickets is not a proper spinner, okay lol

I am his biggest fan and I think heis the most deserving player on the team. In terms of pure spinners there are others better than him. Once again I support this man unconditionally.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Khota said:

No.

are u kidding me, he is the fastest left armer to 200 wkts. Part timers dont take 200 wkts 

In Indian condition he is as good as anderson in england condition, he is a legend in indian condition as bowler

 

If he is a part timer, kumble aur bhajji ko dub mrna chahiye 

 

Kumble avg at home was 25 n s.r 59

Bhajji - avg 29 n s.r  64

 

Jadeja avg 20 , s/r is 55........ (atg has such numbers)

 

Jadeja results are much better then kumble n bhajji

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...