Statistically best test xi of all time versus morally best XI?

Here I am comparing the all-time best tset XI statistically with the al time test team morally in terms of ability .

This is my all-time best team statistically-Chosen only on basis of statistics and not overall merit.The players have the most staggering statistics.

1.Sunil Gavaskar

2.Jack Hobbs

3.Don Bradman

4.Steve Smith

5.Sachin Tendulkar

6.Jacques Kallis

7.Kumar Sangakaara

8.Imran Khan

9.Sydney Barnes

10.Glen Mcgrath

11.Muthiah Murlitharan

12th man Dale Steyn

6 of those selected could well  make the all time xi overall on merit namely Gavaskar,Hobbs,Bradman,Tendulkar ,Imran and Mcgrath.However ironically Bradman however is the only certainty.

Below is my moral all time test X1 selection

1.Len Hutton

2.Barry Richards

3.Don Bradman

4.Viv Richards

5.Brian Lara

6.Gary Sobers

7.Adam Gilchrist

8.Shane Warne

9.Malcolm Marshall

10.Wasim Akram

11.Dennis Lillee

12th man Richard Hadlee

This team would defeat the statistically best all-time XI with only Bradman making a re-appearance.It proves that there is far more to analysis than mere statistics like technical skill.strength of opposition,state of wickets etc.My moral test XI has more match-winners with bat and ball like Sobers,Wasim,Gichrist,Warne,Marshall,Viv and Lara in place of Mcgrath,Barnes,Imran,Tendulkar,Sangakaara ,Murilitharan  and Kallis. No doubt Tendulkar and Imran could well make this team as well as Mcgrath or maybe even Murli  so it is touch and go.

Sobers was f greater match-winner as an all-rounder than Kallis just as Gilly was abetter match-winner than Sanga as a wicket keeper batsmen.

Edited by Harsh Thakor

Explain what you mean by moral XI. Do others have no morals? I am missing something here.

By my definition Majid Khan and Miandad are two of the most immoral players to play cricket. Ball tempering by Imran and John Lever etc. Makes them immoral. Blatant cheating by Aussies makes them immoral. Arm bending by Murali made him immoral.

One of the most moral players to ever play the game is our own Rahul Dravid. So explain immoral to me.

Edited by Khota
4 hours ago, Khota said:

Explain what you mean by moral XI. Do others have no morals? I am missing something here.

By my definition Majid Khan and Miandad are two of the most immoral players to play cricket. Ball tempering by Imran and John Lever etc. Makes them immoral. Blatant cheating by Aussies makes them immoral. Arm bending by Murali made him immoral.

One of the most moral players to ever play the game is our own Rahul Dravid. So explain immoral to me.

I meant cricketers selected on overall merit or skill and not just merely on statistical records.To confirm Kallis has more wickets and runs than Sobers and with statistical adjustment is ahead of Sobers.Howver Sobers was twice as impactful.Similarly Smith averaged more than Tendulkar ever did but is not his equal and similarly Gilchrist was more impactful than Sangakaara.Lara to

ke was a  better match winner in tests than Tendulkar.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Malcolm Marshall and Joel Garner are statistically better than Glenn McGrath and Imran Khan as pace bowlers.

And Sobers is statistically better than Kallis as a batting all-rounder and batsman.

Chose. Imran as a fast bowling allrounder so ahead of Marshall.Mcgrath has 563 scalps at 21.64 so is statistically better than Garner and Marshall.