Kartik Tyagi

vice

Finally, caught up on the u19 matches and at first glance Kartik Tyagi looked impressive.  What impressed me the most was the bowling action, pretty technically sound.  Pace wise, with such an action, he'd be able to operate in the high 130s to low 140s on average.  From what little I've seen, has a good bouncer and the ability to swing.   Height seems alright as well for a pacer. Decent prospect for a u19 bowler.   

Others can chime in. 

2GsOZeE.jpg
fSfhUJe.jpg
4ZdIOau.jpg
St1FkYt.png
RVUHF9r.jpg
01TC8fN.jpg
L1yO42D.jpg
iuoYdqJ.jpg
gl3AgZx.jpg

dYH03Q7.jpg

Haven't had the time to analyze the other bowler Akash Singh yet  

his head falls away a bit during delivery, would have to work on that for more control and accuracy, probably the reason he bowls so many wides...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Loved the yorker barrage by Tyagi at the end.

Kept on bowling quick and accurate yorkers one after the other and punctuated this by a couple of good bouncers. 

Just 11 runs in the last 3 overs with 1 wicket bowled off a yorker.

Finished with figures of 1 for 27 off 5 overs  ... his ER was 5.4 when asking rate was 8.3.

And he was looking quicker than what was shown on screen.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

How ?

He is one of the most skilled pacers I have seen at U19 level.  

Yes, most likely but we are yet to see some Pakistani fastmen and one from Afghanistan. The fancied BD team was 106/9 against Pakistan today before rain came for their rescue. Because of tough competition in India, Tyagi will not be the first one to play international cricket. His next goal should be to play more FC games. 

3 minutes ago, First class said:

Yes, most likely but we are yet to see some Pakistani fastmen and one from Afghanistan. The fancied BD team was 106/9 against Pakistan today before rain came for their rescue. Because of tough competition in India, Tyagi will not be the first one to play international cricket. His next goal should be to play more FC games. 

It is possible that there might be 1 or 2 more skilled pacers than him in this U19 WC.

But the diffetent types of deliveries that he has executed at the right time are excellent.

Like the yorker barrage today ... the sudden bouncer to take a wicket in the first match ... the outswingers etc. 

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not ready yet. Still in early developmental stage. He has a bit of pace.

Tyagi is not in an early developmental stage.  He is one of the more developed U19 bowlers I have seen.

Pacers at an early developmental stage cannot bowl such good yorkers,  good bouncers, good outswingers, good indippers at the stumps and good rising channel deliveries with seam movement ... with such regularity.

One full season of FC and we will see a really good bowler. But that minimum one season of full FC is very important even for talented quicks.

till the time karthik learns to bowl closer to the stumps he would be a one dimensional bowler, very predictable.. coaches would need to work on him. nowhere a finished product even at the U19 standards as some others we have seen, gets very predictable..

i’ve noticed he hasn’t taken too many wickets against SENA country’s batsmen who play fast bowling well. something to learn to take wickets outside subcontinent..

1 minute ago, nsareen said:

till the time karthik learns to bowl closer to the stumps he would be a one dimensional bowler, very predictable.. coaches would need to work on him. nowhere a finished product...

Close to stumps is good but is not everything. Bumrah bowls wide of the stumps too. 

Close to stumps is good but is not everything. Bumrah bowls wide of the stumps too. 

yeah but bumrah is not as wide as this guy is every time.. bumrah does come closer at least at the center of the delivery crease, this guy stays way on the outside, making him quite reasonable to play..