Masala news of the day

Gambit

It’s not cricket! We suspected it’s not about cricket, anyway. Now Preity Zinta and Ness Wadia have confirmed the news. The high-profile couple, owners of Kings XI Punjab, moved seven of their team’s cricketers from a five-star hotel to a much smaller Maya Palace in Chandigarh, in order to accommodate their socialite friends. Says our source, who was present in Chandigarh and staying at the five-star hotel with the rest of the team, “Four cricketers were shifted to another hotel at Ness’s request, and people like Aarti and Kailash Surendranath, Timmy Narang, Lata Patel, Abbas Ali Baig and Jeh Wadia (Ness’s brother) were accommodated at the five-star hotel, in their place.” The hotel where these cricketers were sent is, incidentally, not up to the mark. Says a source from the cricket fraternity, “This hotel was so sub-standard, that even the Mumbai Ranji team had refused to stay there. It is quite a dingy place. It was must have been quite traumatic to move from the plush comforts of a five-star hotel to this place.” When contacted Gagandeep Singh confirmed the news, saying, “I was put up at the Taj first, but later I was shifted to Maya Palace.” How many players were moved out? “About seven or eight of us were shifted, as there was some accommodation problem,” he replied. “It was shocking when Ness and Preity requested a few cricketers to pack their baggage and move into another hotel just because they were expecting a few friends and wanted to accommodate them in the five-star hotel. But unfortunately, there weren’t enough rooms vacant, so the cricketers had to go,” says our source. When contacted one of the organisers confirmed the news on condition of anonymity. The organiser said, “Yes, it’s true that there were no rooms vacant in the Taj to accommodate some high-profile guests, so a few cricketers to were shifted to another hotel. One of them was an ex-cricketer while others who were moved out were a few Under-19 players. One of the cricketers was Gagandeep Singh.” Meanwhile, Aarti Surendranath confirmed that she stayed at the Taj. She said, “Yes, we were put up at the Taj. Preity and Ness took great care of us; it was great fun.”
Link :hysterical:

yeh to hona hi thaaa... after all she is the Supremo, players are bound to listen to her... above all she purchased them, players are just like bound labour... they should accept her decisions in any case...!!!
Rich & Powerful or Bold & Beautiful - they will have their way.

yeh to hona hi thaaa... after all she is the Supremo, players are bound to listen to her... above all she purchased them, players are just like bound labour... they should accept her decisions in any case...!!!
..she is just sleeping with Mr. Jackpot, another case of "enjoy the mans" money

When contacted one of the organisers confirmed the news on condition of anonymity. The organiser said, “Yes, it’s true that there were no rooms vacant in the Taj to accommodate some high-profile guests, so a few cricketers to were shifted to another hotel. One of them was an ex-cricketer while others who were moved out were a few Under-19 players. One of the cricketers was Gagandeep Singh.â€
He is with the Mohali team? He seemed to be in prime form in the domestic season some seasons back. I wonder if he has picked up an injury Regarding the hotel fiasco, that is not good by Priety if its true. If I was one of the playes, I wouldnt move out.

actually there are not many 5 star hotels in Punjab...you can see more luxurious lifestyle at villages in Gurdaspur... than in a 5 star hotel.. Punjab is not a tourist place..chandigarh had no 5 star hotel till 5 years back i think..? or there was only 1?? IMO...every stadium should have 5 star boarding facilities for players.. Its not difficult to maintain 40 rooms in a club house... i think players would rather stay within the stadium than they put up in 5 star hotels..3-4 Kms away..

actually there are not many 5 star hotels in Punjab...you can see more luxurious lifestyle at villages in Gurdaspur... than in a 5 star hotel.. Punjab is not a tourist place..chandigarh had no 5 star hotel till 5 years back i think..? or there was only 1?? IMO...every stadium should have 5 star boarding facilities for players.. Its not difficult to maintain 40 rooms in a club house... i think players would rather stay within the stadium than they put up in 5 star hotels..3-4 Kms away..
but leaving that aside, here the real problem is that Preity let her relatives or whoever they were, stay in the hotel and those under 19 Indians were asked to leave the hotel and stay at some ordinary place, just so that her relatives can find a place in that hotel

I imagine what she would have told them when asking to go. "Dear, you are the real Punjabis not like the foreigner punjabis or Malayali Punjabis. You are known for your hospitality. Mehman is bhagwan and blah blah .."

..she is just sleeping with Mr. Jackpot' date=' another case of "enjoy the mans" money[/quote'] so true...:icflove: she is in headlines just b'coz of Nes Wadia...she is sleeping with him for leaping in media. huh!

but leaving that aside' date=' here the real problem is that Preity let her relatives or whoever they were, stay in the hotel and those under 19 Indians were asked to leave the hotel and stay at some ordinary place, just so that her relatives can find a place in that hotel[/quote'] they were not even relatives.. just friends from showbizz..