Thoughts about IPL as the tournament has progressed from fans, critics and players

The Outsider

The IPL is getting too boring now the most exciting 20/20 matches were those which had <160 scores. thats what made the 20/20 wc exciting. the most thrilling match had the score of only 141 & was tied. even the icl was exciting and became a big hit as scores of 130-140 even proved winnable. scores of 150 were match-winning scores & proved like 300 in odis. and in the 20/20 wc & icl, we saw a better contest between bat & ball in ipl, the bowlers have been murdered. too many 200+ scores. even huge scores of 160+ r being chased down easily & fielding standards have deteriorated. even indias top fielders like yuvraj, kaif & irfan pathan have dropped some very easy catches & the outfielding has been very poor. what should have been just 1-2 runs is getting to be 4. cricket has to be a contest between bat & ball, not just bat & bat end this slam-boom-bangness now & its time to ban 20/20 cricket. lets bring back the odis. if 50 overs seem to be too long, then lets make them 40 overs & 6-6.5 hours long. with matches being of 6-6.5 hours, we can squeeze 2 odis in a day without any time overlap. and if 20/20 has to be there, then 160+ scores need to be banned and pitches made to suit bowlers with fielding standards improved

I was pretty much pooh pooh-ing this tourney before it began but it's turning out to be a great one. Whether the novelty of such a league will wear off with me and the crowds will be evident over the course of the month. I can see myself defending the KNR or the DD in a heated debate in 2-3 years time. :P

be careful guys,this amits guy is very fickle historically. was a fanatical supporter of parthiv when he was u19. but dropped him like a hot potato when his keeping let him down for india. he even claimed that amits was a different poster! i only hope his ten day gf gets a better deal from him !

be careful guys,this amits guy is very fickle historically. was a fanatical supporter of parthiv when he was u19. but dropped him like a hot potato when his keeping let him down for india. he even claimed that amits was a different poster! i only hope his ten day gf gets a better deal from him !
What does that have to do with this thread?

The boundary ropes have been pulled in to the minimum required limit of 65 metres at most of the venues, so even the mishits are crossing the fence quite easily. Watching a 4 or a 6 being scored on every second ball isnt really appealing to me, though many people love it that way. But these people, for whom Cricket is just a source of entertainment, not passion, get bored quite easily. 44 days is way too long to sustain interest among such spectators. IPL will fizzle out within 3 weeks :dance:

amits.. is it boring cuz you lost lot of money on bets?? hahha i lost lot of them too.. but thats cuz we are getting upset results in last couple of matches.. so actually it is interesting... :two_thumbs_up:

the most exciting 20/20 matches were those which had <160 scores. thats what made the 20/20 wc exciting. the most thrilling match had the score of only 141 & was tied. even the icl was exciting and became a big hit as scores of 130-140 even proved winnable. scores of 150 were match-winning scores & proved like 300 in odis. and in the 20/20 wc & icl' date=' we saw a better contest between bat & ball[/quote'] This is a positive stroke, T20 is surely an exciting cricket format. This format proves onething that however possible scores have to be made and chased, irrespective of the techniques mentioned in cricketing books. "From fans' point of view its excitement, but from cricket's point of view its slang and stingy"
in ipl' date=' the bowlers have been murdered. too many 200+ scores. even huge scores of 160+ r being chased down easily & fielding standards have deteriorated. even indias top fielders like yuvraj, kaif & irfan pathan have dropped some very easy catches & the outfielding has been very poor. what should have been just 1-2 runs is getting to be 4. cricket has to be a contest between bat & ball, not just bat & bat[/quote'] T20 is far sure a death knell for the bowlers, but about fielding...I think it will take some more time for the players to improve and adjust with the rapid form of cricket. Definitely, we will witness higher degree of fielding in the later course of the IPL tourney.
end this slam-boom-bangness now & its time to ban 20/20 cricket. lets bring back the odis. if 50 overs seem to be too long' date=' then lets make them 40 overs & 6-6.5 hours long. with matches being of 6-6.5 hours, we can squeeze 2 odis in a day without any time overlap. and if 20/20 has to be there, then 160+ scores need to be banned and pitches made to suit bowlers with fielding standards improved[/quote'] Its already stabilized, T20 has been adopted by many ICC cricketing countries and other unrecognised countries, too. The cricketing world has accepted this format, though its unethical from game's point of view, as I mentioned above.