The most ludicrous Paki hype I've read yet... christ I'm cracking up reading this for the 5th time

From the very appropriately named "Pak Spin" blog on CI. "After many false dawns, Pakistan cricket will confront its new way of life. It is fitting that the moment arrives against Australia, the country that plunged Pakistan cricket out of its period of glory with the double blow of the 1999 World Cup Final defeat and the match-fixing controversy whose flames were lit with approaches to Australian cricketers." You're kidding, right? This sets a new benchmark for epic fail statements. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Oh, and what new way of life? Going back to play a few ODIous games away from home (as nobody will tour them) before having their asses handed to them and then returning back to their home of terrorists, Taliban and broken-down infrastructure with their tails between their legs is something DIFFERENT from what's been happening for a while?

From the very appropriately named "Pak Spin" blog on CI. "After many false dawns, Pakistan cricket will confront its new way of life. It is fitting that the moment arrives against Australia, the country that plunged Pakistan cricket out of its period of glory with the double blow of the 1999 World Cup Final defeat and the match-fixing controversy whose flames were lit with approaches to Australian cricketers." You're kidding, right? This sets a new benchmark for epic fail statements. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
There is no benchmark when it comes to Pakistan; its just sea level and then sinking below that level further and further

True. Pakistan ARE the bottom of the barrel. Here's hoping Australia flay them. I am really looking forward to this series! Gives me some entertaining cricket in this time of the circus. More than that, I can enjoy watching the Australian team again now with Ponting not a part of the side. And best of all, there's the prospect of the cornered donkeys' humilation.

It is true that 1999 World Cup final potentially could have taken Pakistan to glory. But this is 2009- and time to move on. One thing...Pakistan are still unpredictable. I realised that we cannot be underestimated. Whilst in India, I watched he Kitply and Asia Cup matches live- hammered twice by India in that period and easy winners in one and close winners in the other.

Absolutely.. Pakis are really unpredictable. I mean Ass-whooping, Ball tampering, or Doping.... and even playing home series out of the country....they are tired of these. I am sure they are hoping for something different to happen this time. How in the world one can predict knowing what they are capable of..

From the very appropriately named "Pak Spin" blog on CI. "After many false dawns, Pakistan cricket will confront its new way of life. It is fitting that the moment arrives against Australia, the country that plunged Pakistan cricket out of its period of glory with the double blow of the 1999 World Cup Final defeat and the match-fixing controversy whose flames were lit with approaches to Australian cricketers." You're kidding, right? This sets a new benchmark for epic fail statements. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Oh, and what new way of life? Going back to play a few ODIous games away from home (as nobody will tour them) before having their asses handed to them and then returning back to their home of terrorists, Taliban and broken-down infrastructure with their tails between their legs is something DIFFERENT from what's been happening for a while?
This time aussies should use a bigger plunger and flush these down the toilet.
Going back to play a few ODIous games away from home (as nobody will tour them) before having their asses handed to them and then returning back to their home of terrorists, Taliban and broken-down infrastructure with their tails between their legs is something DIFFERENT from what's been happening for a while?
That is goooooooooooooood.... :agree:
This time aussies should use a bigger plunger and flush these down the toilet.
Having one calm day in pakistan without any Bombing in itself is an acheivement in Pakistan I guess. No wonder the blogger calls has written it this way!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Don't lie to us' date=' I am sure you yourself are very very surprised Pak could beat a Australian team lacking their 3 major stars.[/quote'] lol...3, out of which 2 were horribly out of form. They certainly needed rest or doosras from our bowlers would have sliced their averages further. The only player Australia truly missing is M. Johnson. Not like this squad is bad, they still are a very competitive side with some highly experienced and talented players like Symonds, Clarke, Haddin, Watson etc. Just give the credit where its due....Pakistan won against a strong Australian side, simple as that.