Windows 7 Laptop

fineleg

Planning to get a new laptop. Any recommendations based on your experience or what you have heard from friends/family? Budget can go upto US$ 1100-1500-ish range. Windows 7 Home Premium or higher ok. Good harddrive, need CD and DVD burners in the laptop [DVD+RW -RW and CD RW] 6-8 GB RAM preferred (definitely 4GB at the min) - need it to be phaasht! Any laptops that you have tried and really lurve out there? This will be my main laptop so I need good features and speed. Screen size: 15+ inches is ok.

Khota is so misleading .. go 4 the ENIAC series. Actually, dont be a kaamchor, go visit stores and get some sort of a feel of what you like and how much it costs. Read reviews online in terms of performance and reliability and look for online+in-store deals.

It's a freaking laptop, just go and buy a decent one in your price range. As if the plan is to run some galaxy formation simulations on it - you'll still browse the same old web and ICF (which you cannot anyways because your router sucks). As if the $200 bucks you might save or the extra cool new feature you might get is going to make you a Bill Gates!

It's a freaking laptop' date=' just go and buy a decent one in your price range. As if the plan is to run some galaxy formation simulations on it - you'll still browse the same old web and ICF (which you cannot anyways because your router sucks). As if the $200 bucks you might save or the extra cool new feature you might get is going to make you a Bill Gates![/quote'] Hey man, was the biryani not good or something ? You seem pissed off :giggle: @ finey, thinkpad series :good:

It's a freaking laptop' date=' just go and buy a decent one in your price range. As if the plan is to run some galaxy formation simulations on it - you'll still browse the same old web and ICF (which you cannot anyways because your router sucks). As if the $200 bucks you might save or the extra cool new feature you might get is going to make you a Bill Gates![/quote'] The $200 saved can be used to get a UPS for the laptop :eyedance:

i say get the new i5 laptop or i7 or i3 lol...just dont get quad core cuz it will eat battery very fast also make sure that the laptop has the new ati grpahic card 5 series and hdmi port and its dual core and blu ray and wireless n with bluetooth and 12 cell battery and high definition screen....ok :two_thumbs_up:

Do NOT get a Mac. They're overpriced crap. Mac fanboys are the most annoying people on the net after Jihadis. Also if anyone here suggests that they're good because they're Unix machines they haven't tried debugging SMB network issues on a Mac or tried configuring them in a classic Unix fashion. There's no need for 6-8 gb of RAM unless you're doing something that involves complex operations on large data sets e.g. 3d rendering, complex statisitical analysis. If you're only going to use if for web browsing, email and the odd film then 2-4 gb is more than enough. If you want a gaming machine get a desktop or a console.

Do NOT get a Mac. They're overpriced crap. Mac fanboys are the most annoying people on the net after Jihadis. Also if anyone here suggests that they're good because they're Unix machines they haven't tried debugging SMB network issues on a Mac or tried configuring them in a classic Unix fashion. There's no need for 6-8 gb of RAM unless you're doing something that involves complex operations on large data sets e.g. 3d rendering, complex statisitical analysis. If you're only going to use if for web browsing, email and the odd film then 2-4 gb is more than enough. If you want a gaming machine get a desktop or a console.
What about the fanboys who run Linux on 3 machines (:woot: with Gentoo, LFS, and Ubuntu) and still prefer Apple to Windows? :hmmm:

Just bought HP 14" light weight for wify. Intel i5 Core 520 4 GB 500GB Windows 7 Pro 12-cell 2 year service. A nice girly white color good luck
Damn it. w/o nice color expensive lappy is unusable for 'em. Gotta learn these things.. With that kinda color I dont dare to touch that laptop. :eyedance: