Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

I haven't read through the whole thread and don't have the time to ! For my limited IQ(from watching soccer and talking to dumb-head no-blondes) , one thing I can still assert is, that - the teens and twenty somethings that have been feeding on a staple of league soccer since the mid-90s (the beginning of commercial TV era in India) , shall soon yield a steady breed of soccer-kids starting the early 2020s. Good news for indian football .. Lets Win The World Cup .. er.. 2028 ? :winky:

You actually believe that Britain lost its Empire because of football :omg: Those "cuckoo clocks" and "fancy cars' are masterpieces of technical advancement in their respective fields and the German footballers are among the best in the World.
Eeeeeh. We digress again. Who cares if a nation produces the best cuckoo clocks? Since when is that the hallmark of societal progress. Just to let you know, the Masais produce the best spears. Americans produce the best Britney Spears. But these things are irrelevant to human progress.
p.s. I still fail to see how football (or any other sport for that matter) can lead to a lower IQ :winky:
Precisely the reason why you shouldn't be watching football league. :P

Eeeeeh. We digress again. Who cares if a nation produces the best cuckoo clocks? Since when is that the hallmark of societal progress. Just to let you know' date=' the Masais produce the best spears. Americans produce the best Britney Spears. But these things are irrelevant to human progress.[/quote'] How easily you leave out Cars which are also mentioned. :nono: Cars are engineering marvels which are very much relevant to human progress. What exactly do you means by human progress? Better economy? Better society?

^^^^^ Gaurav, you don't get the deeper point behind the initial post. Football has laid waste to the societies it has managed to get grips on. In an earlier post, I had already established how watching football leads to increased stupidity and how general stupidity leads to watching football. Its a vicious circle from which there is no escape. Don't take my word for it, but just look around. History will give you ample proof. England were a world power once upon a time. But once football became popular among the youth there, they lost their empire. Plot football popularity in England vs Area of British empire chart and you will see my point. Germany produced many great scientists, philosophers, math guys and tyrants. However, once football became big in that country, they too have become an irrelevant nation. Now they only produce footballers, cuckoo clocks and some fancy cars. :(( I'm just warning you of the social evils that are accompanied with being a football fan.
Damn.. I always thought it was people like Gandhi, Azad who got us freedom. Now I realize that it was bloody Football which forced Britishers to leave their colonies like India.

I think the quality of girls in a country is a function of the football popularity there - I present Brazil as my evidence. To wean away guys from football, the girls have had to evolve into being more beautiful. Darwin FTW! :two_thumbs_up:
:woot:

I think the quality of girls in a country is a function of the football popularity there - I present Brazil as my evidence. To wean away guys from football, the girls have had to evolve into being more beautiful. Darwin FTW! :two_thumbs_up:
And pray, how many Brazilians have won the Miss World/ Miss Universe ka khitaab? And how many Indians have? :P There goes your theory... :P

And pray, how many Brazilians have won the Miss World/ Miss Universe ka khitaab? And how many Indians have? :P There goes your theory... :P
The point still stands, you are bound to find couple of gems in a country of billion people :orderorder: