India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

Can we get a replacement for Chawla by ensuring a training "accident" and replacing him with Ojha :winky: Given how we have played decent fast bowling so far with Bresnan , Steyn and Rampaul all taking 5 wkts against us on flat tracks (and even Trent Johnston getting 2/15 in 5 overs before getting injured) our best bet is to prepare a turner where our spinners will prove more deadly than their pacers. If the pitch is flat or has bounce, we are done for as Aussie attack will not allow our batsmen to put up a huge total and our bowlers can't do much on flat tracks.
Someone like Ojha would have been perfect player for a match against Australia.
Chawla can bat and Field a bit. Munna just bowled 5 overs. No point in playing a player who is worse than a pregnant woman on the field. Chawla has better chance of bamboozling Aussies than Munna..
I have absolutely no faith in Chawla. The problem is if Munaf doesn't play who opens the bowling along with Ashwin? We don't want to waste Zaheer's overs if the ball is not swinging and neither Chawla or Harbhajan can bowl in the power-play. At least Munaf can bowl line and lengt in the power-play overs. His main problem is slog overs but we won't use him then.

Reminds me- A group of us students one day decided to run away from school to watch a match at a friend's place. We decided to hide in the bushes and then scale the wall where it was the lowest. As we did that, we found the head master standing on the other side waiting for us. He said he knew exactly where to find us. :((

I have absolutely no faith in Chawla. The problem is if Munaf doesn't play who opens the bowling along with Ashwin? We don't want to waste Zaheer's overs if the ball is not swinging and neither Chawla or Harbhajan can bowl in the power-play. At least Munaf can bowl line and lengt in the power-play overs. His main problem is slog overs but we won't use him then.
Kohli has to bowl. He can bowl..No harm in giving him couple of overs. What's the worse will happen. He'll go for few runs which all the bowlers go at some time. What's the harm in trying him out? All the teams have a medium/slow pace all rounder. The problem with India is we have Spin allrounders.. KOHLI CAN BOWL. He has been bowling in U19 WC, IPL etc. Dhoni needs to give him couple of overs..The worse can be that he gives away few runs. No harm in trying him out. This will allow us to get rid of that village rapist Munna..
Someone like Ojha would have been perfect player for a match against Australia.
True especially since Aussies don't play left arm spinners all that well. Wish we had any spinner other than Chawla in the squad. But the main thing is we need a turner/spin-friendly track else playing spinners is a moot point. Hope Ahmedabad curator is shaving off the grass and stop watering the pitch even as I type :smiley:
It was a ploy and good one. HE shouldn't have even played this game. They should have saved him for the QFs' date=' but our wrist slitter media and our so called "die hard" Indian fans couldn't wait.[/quote'] i agree. public pressure forced dhoni into playing him. but its ok, teams still dont know him well. and there isnt enuff time left to assess his style of bowling. nice tactics by india today. using spinners up top and letting the seamers bowl in the middle, using the old ball which occasionally reverses. but the concern is that this can only work if the pitch is turning. harbhajan singh needs to learn how to bowl with the new ball. maybe they can do the unconventional thing by bowling yusuf before harbhajan, and keep harbhajan for the middle to end overs. motera MUST TURN on thursday. we need to bat 1st AGAIN, put up a competitive score, and defend it. chasing in a knockout game increases pressure tenfold.

india will win the One sided contest...remember my words.. biggest mistake OZ done was not doing any experiments unlike other teams..so they dont know which 11 they r going to play in QF..and god only save them if pitch assists even little bit towards spinners. The way Haddin plays against spinners upfront remiands me of last day test match..he simply depends not even trying to get singles :)

Nope bud' date=' we have to play Harbhajan. Raina or Pathan can't replace him and we don't need 3 fast bowlers. On a flat track Nehra and Munaf will go for plenty. If we are able to control aussies in the power-play we have a decent attack to manage the middle overs.[/quote'] If I agreed with your opinion, I wouldn't make that post :winky:

What was so special about him? Took the wicket of debut player and No. 11 batsman! Bishoo playing his second match of his career got 1 wicket of Dhoni for 48 runs! Ashwin got 2 wickets for 41 runs Only 7 runs difference They way people were talking about Ashwin I thought he will take at least 4 wickets and few maidens with giving less than 30 runs! India should go with 3 seamers and 2 spinners and drop 1 batsman either Yousuf or Raina.

Kohli has to bowl. He can bowl..No harm in giving him couple of overs. What's the worse will happen. He'll go for few runs which all the bowlers go at some time. What's the harm in trying him out? All the teams have a medium/slow pace all rounder. The problem with India is we have Spin allrounders.. KOHLI CAN BOWL. He has been bowling in U19 WC, IPL etc. Dhoni needs to give him couple of overs..The worse can be that he gives away few runs. No harm in trying him out. This will allow us to get rid of that village rapist Munna..
Kohli would be cannon fodder for aussie batsmen. Plus he's not a regular bowler and even couple of loose balls every over will go for boundaries in the power-play overs. We can try him for an over or two in the middle overs but not at the start of an innings coz if he gets hit the pressure is off Aus and they get off to a decent start. We have to be on the ball right from the start and Ashwin & Munaf/Sreesanth give us the best chance. After the power-plays are done with, over to Harbhajan, Yuvi and Zaheer :smiley: