PK or Sree??

The NCA physios should report such players to the BCCI. I mean after a rehab program at NCA if Sree is in this shape, imagine what would be the scene if he was resting at home instead? Disgraceful. Athletes use their time away from the game to tone up their specific muscles, rest niggles etc, looks like Sree did nothing of that sort. The only good thing is this is quite a long tour and with time hopefully the physios and team management will force him to comeback to shape. Even Mishra in that pic looks to have added a few kilos while he was not playing the last two tests in WI.

Praveen and Munaf couldnt even get Fidel Edwards and the tail out on the last day of 3rd test against WI and they are pretty much ineffective in flat conditions. They will be easy fodder for England batsmen in their conditions. Yesterday's pitch was a batting paradise where even Zaheer struggled. Its harsh to judge Sreesanth based on that performance alone.

Praveen and Munaf couldnt even get Fidel Edwards and the tail out on the last day of 3rd test against WI and they are pretty much ineffective in flat conditions. They will be easy fodder for England batsmen in their conditions. Yesterday's pitch was a batting paradise where even Zaheer struggled. Its harsh to judge Sreesanth based on that performance alone.
I'm not solely judging him by his performance on the pitch. I'm judging him by the constant barrage of public statements this guy has made over the past few months from forming a musical band and touring to being injured and claiming that he's been training hard and is fit now. Just looking at him in that picture he looks like he's been hitting the couch more than hitting the gym. I work out just 3/4 times a week and Sree in that pic makes me look like Mr. Universe.
Edwards has denied so many different bowlers in his career to save tests. Just look at his resume. He has saved atleast 5 tests in all due to his resolute batting.

I would still go with Munna as the 3rd semaer. i know he hasn't got wickets but he has been bowling with a lot of control...it reflects in his ER. Its only a matter of time before he starts reaping rewards. As for Sree...it seems he was again upto his antics in the warm-up game judging by what the commies were saying.

I would still go with Munna as the 3rd semaer. i know he hasn't got wickets but he has been bowling with a lot of control...it reflects in his ER. Its only a matter of time before he starts reaping rewards.
PK is also bowling with lot of control and he is better swing bowler.
PK is also bowling with lot of control and he is better swing bowler.
Don't think swing at that pace is going to trouble the English all that much. Good controlled seam bowling OTOH might get a wicket or two. PLus he has the advantage of height something which England seem bent on exploiting from their own bowlers.
Praveen is basically ineffective when the conditions are flat. Even when the ball swings around, English batsmen are good enough to play him with ease. They play swing bowlers like Praveen day in and day out in their county circuit. What we need is a strike bowler like Sree who can pick wickets on his day. But obviously, the key for Sree is he should stick to his strengths and dont try too many things and dont try to be express. The same thing happened in WC Final. He was trying to hit the 150 kmph consistently but after bowling quick for the first few overs, he lost steam and started bowling rubbish. He could barely run quickly in the run up from then on and was taken for runs. If he had just tried to bowl 140 + from the start and tried to swing it like Munaf did, he would have been very effective. The problem with him is all in the mind. How they manage him will be crucial for India's success in England.
Yeah we ask saw how effective sree was today on a flat track today with his thunder bolts.
Don't think swing at that pace is going to trouble the English all that much. Good controlled seam bowling OTOH might get a wicket or two. PLus he has the advantage of height something which England seem bent on exploiting from their own bowlers.
How many bowlers do you know who can swing it consistently both ways like Pk. What is the basis of your statement.