Indian Cuisine

julianlev

IKnowU, How you seen the size of their chooks? They are the size of bloody pigeons. I swear they put something funky in their peri peri sauce. Too damn addictive.
ahha yea. I usually get the half chicken which is only meal that fills me up. Ive been resorting to Oporto occasionally......still expensive though :blush: Mainly because I have a manager who works there and get free food most of the time :--D Oporto sauce aint too bad either.

$20 for a burger meal IKnowU. I am not paying $20 for a burger and some chips unless there's a blowjob included in there somewhere.
Yea I agree. But its just Australia I guess :(( I cant name one decent food chain that offers good food for good value. Have you tried Hanaichi? Good alternative occasionally and I load up on the chilly powder they give :yay:

Here. This is a pic I took. Note the double aamras. :icflove: 88u6W.jpg
:pray: OMG, I want it now.. Oh I miss India.. Once I was trvelling by bus from Pune to Nagpur and in the evening they stopped at a Rajasthani restaurent. The Thali I had that day was sumptuous.. Kha Kha ke wohin par seat pe hi so gaya.. Long time..Rs 30 Thali..Unlimited food.. Once I had a Gujrati Thali at Khau Galli (Mumbai).. Needless to say, it was sumptuous and fulfilling..

Mine too,but unfortunately whats good for the tongue is not good for the heart.:(( Rajasthani food is loaded with ghee..
Agreed. Indian good in general is loaded with too much mirch masala and ghee. Whenever I cook, I use olive oil and very less spices. That's why my food tastes crap...:((

Heres my greatest hits list :winky: Mughlai - Raan (whole leg of lamb) at Noorani's (Mumbai).Heard Karim's in Delhi also has a rocking Raan. Punjabi - love the Makke di Roti/Sarson da Saag Filmi ishtyle (Urban Tadka ,Mumbai) and offcourse Tandoori Chicken Rajasthani - As Alchemist said,Daal Bhaati (Yum!) Gujarati - I can eat their entire thaali at Rajdhaani, Mumbai(when the sweet tooth beckons :) ) Bihari - I love Sattu ki roti/paratha Bengali - shorshe batta maach (fish in mustard gravy)/Aloo Poshto/Banana flower curry (not sure what thats called)/Fried eggplant (Begun Bhaajaa) Maharashtrian (Desh region)- Pandhra/Taambdaa Rassa/Kombdi - vadaa (too bad there are very few authentic Kolhapuri restaurants in Mumbai or elsewhere because the food rocks!), Karnataka - Bise bhele bhaath/prawn ghassi/their bhaakris with an assortment of chutneys & powders Kerala - Appams and mutton stew,Malabar Biryani Goan/Malvani/Konkani - Pomfret/Mackarel Recheado,Variety of smoked sausages,Bombil fry,Clams masala,Solkadhi (My favorites are Sachin's- Dadar,Gazalee - Vile Parle,Mahesh Lunch Home - Thane and Goa Portuguesea - Mahim) Tamil Nadu - Quail/mutton/Chicken masala (Chettinad food rocks..Ponnusamy's & Anjapaar in Chennai), off course idlis and dosas, and rice with all those yummy powders and ghee Andhra - Gongura Pickle! I don't know too much about other regional cuisines though I would love to try them all out :) Please suggest some places in Mumbai for the rest of the cusines or if you want to add to the list above.