Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Don't get it twisted' date=' we are just expecting him to bowl good lines. But he did nothing special and the hype-wagon is out in full force[/quote'] I don't think anybody's saying that he is "special"..How did you came to that conclusion? Most of us are happy that he got a chance to play. We were fearing that "special" bowler S Aravind would've played.. Yadav has lots to learn and achieve..That too on pathetic Indian pitches..

Give Umesh Yadav at least 10-15 ODIs from now on and 5-6 tests and see how he goes. Give him the kind of confidence selectors and captain are showing in Vinay and let us see where he goes. We all will know then. We cannot judge based on one match if he was good or bad. Only good thing was that he looked nervous and did not put full effort and still generated good pace.

He got two wickets and that too it had to do with the pitch and the ball keeping low' date= nothing to do with skill. All he did today was bowl in the high 80s mph with almost no control in the beginning and people out here are calling him impressive, as THX pointed out that is just plain hypocritical. We should wait till the end of this series to see if this guy has any potential or if he is going to be another Mohammad Sami in international cricket.
And English pacers also bowled on the same pitch so you can see how poor they were as and when they gotta bowl on a flat track.

I loved his performance in yesterday's match.....lively pace for an Indian bowler.....he has not done anything special but shown that, if he is persisted with, he can be someone special......i have seen in the irani cup and he bowled much better and quicker in that match......if u r following him closely, it is obvious that he was very nervous. I am crossing my fingers and hope to see something good in next match.

Ya Gavaskar said he does not bowl 150K plus. I sau he will bowl 150K' date= give him time and let his settle his nerves. BTW, how many bowlers bowl 150+ in the world. There have been only 4-5 express bowlers in the world in more than 100 years of cricket that is Thmmo, Actor, Lee, Bond, and Tait. No one else.
I think he could really increase his pace. He has a really nice action and it seems like he hits 140 km/h with ease. I would like him to get a bit more lateral movement as he is a little too straight at times. However, he has shown a great deal of improvement since the 2010 IPL.
My only worry abt umesh is that he tempts to bowl little short' date=' i dont know if he is bowling little short deliberately or if it is his normal length. Other than that i am very excited and impressed with umesh yadav.[/quote'] out of his 30 legal balls ..he bowled atleast 8 balls between 144 to 145.7K...possibly 145.7K was his fastest yesterday. His average pace was nearing 139K( correct me on this if i am wrong). 145K pace - that also 8 out of 30 balls is genuine pace and thats why he got 2 clean bowled.. ONe slip catch went ..but ther were no slips, So crazy stuff , u have the fastest Indian Bowler bowling at his fastest and DHONI did not think that an edge could come, this is brainless captaincy, i would have kept 1 to 2 Slips for all his 30 balls and got him more wickets...When Dhoni knows that he is in top form and is looking dangerous , secondly the ball is getting low, why was he removed,he would have got his 3rd Wicket too..why did he call back ashwin and Jaddu ..Umesh was given 2 over Spells...Umesh bowled 12 over spell in irani at full throttle ,i am 100 % sure Umesh would have got 4 wicekts yesterday if there was 1 slip and he was asked to ball 6 overs instead of 5 overs. he gave 32 runs of his 5 overs and most of the runs were edges. VK did hit KP once off a bouncer and except for that he did nothing,,,i would actually want Varun aroon to replace VK as He is also in top form.
Give Umesh Yadav at least 10-15 ODIs from now on and 5-6 tests and see how he goes. Give him the kind of confidence selectors and captain are showing in Vinay and let us see where he goes. We all will know then. We cannot judge based on one match if he was good or bad. Only good thing was that he looked nervous and did not put full effort and still generated good pace.
Tbf to Vinay, he has not played any Tests and I think people agree this is the format he is suited to.
why is everybody showing confidence in VK...does his stats show some result or is it just fools r backing him
The guy looked great and did himself no harm yesterday. Lets have one thing clear. We dont need a pace bowler who can contain or is economical. Just look at the kind of trundlers we have had . Have they stopped the flow of runs and have they taken wickets ? The fact is, having bowlers bowling at their slowest possible ( as has been the tradition in Indian cricket ) is no guarantee that the bowler will do good. India is a prime example. We should now only aim for bowlers who have pace and can terrorize the batsmen. And Umesh looked good. We must try to play Varun and Umesh together. Perhaps the competition amongst these 2 as to who's quicker may motivate them to bowl even quicker and perhaps better. But mighty pleased with Umesh ! The downside of Indian cricket- Did anyone else also listen to Sunny gavaskar saying - ' This kid should know that he will never be an express bowler. So he should also try to contain and take wickets..( or some crap like this ) ' and then Dhoni calling him ' slightly quicker' than the rest ! It clearly shows the attitude of the Indian cricketers. I am beginning to feel Dhoni doesnt want genuine quick bowlers in the team else his and others popularity may go down !
dhoni sucks as far as managing fast bowlers...why no slips were given to him???
out of his 30 legal balls ..he bowled atleast 8 balls between 144 to 145.7K...possibly 145.7K was his fastest yesterday. His average pace was nearing 139K( correct me on this if i am wrong). 145K pace - that also 8 out of 30 balls is genuine pace and thats why he got 2 clean bowled.. ONe slip catch went ..but ther were no slips, So crazy stuff , u have the fastest Indian Bowler bowling at his fastest and DHONI did not think that an edge could come, this is brainless captaincy, i would have kept 1 to 2 Slips for all his 30 balls and got him more wickets...When Dhoni knows that he is in top form and is looking dangerous , secondly the ball is getting low, why was he removed,he would have got his 3rd Wicket too..why did he call back ashwin and Jaddu ..Umesh was given 2 over Spells...Umesh bowled 12 over spell in irani at full throttle ,i am 100 % sure Umesh would have got 4 wicekts yesterday if there was 1 slip and he was asked to ball 6 overs instead of 5 overs. he gave 32 runs of his 5 overs and most of the runs were edges. VK did hit KP once off a bouncer and except for that he did nothing,,,i would actually want Varun aroon to replace VK as He is also in top form.
I think dhoni will give varun a chance in 5th odi only if india wins the series in 3rd or 4th match. That too if he is pressurised from media and commies. Otherwise dhoni the trundler supporter wont give varun a chance at all.:((
Dhoni : He bowls little quicker than other indian bowlers. LOLz..
Will fletcher tell Dhoni that he shud play Umesh even if he goes for 70 runs in 10 overs for next 5 matches...? thats called Backing , if umesh is backed like that He will become a dangerous Bowler and will suddenly Grow UP..and if he is dumped bcos of one or 2 performance and Arvind or VK is played ahead of him..Umesh may also slow down in the long run and who knows join the Trundler Brigade We Have...
Vinay is suited to shorter formats because he has variations' date=' not suite to longer formats. Yadav is more suite to tests.[/quote'] VK is not international STANDARD..he was even getting hit yesterday , even when PK had created a lot of pressure. but to VK's credit he bowled 2 balls at 137K..which was pleasantly surprising for me as i have never seen him higher than 133K. unless he gets to regularly bowl at 137K and a couple of slow balls in the over he wont become international standard. International bowlers are required to bowl at 136K or higher with genuine swing or 141 K + with or without swing. PK is an exception as his swing is so much that that his ball dances while it travels..thats why he may still live with bowling between 125K to 133K
this is partly an unfair question speedo meter has been in use mainly over last 10-12 yrs so even if i name the players it will be difficult to prove that they are indeed fast enoughto clock 160. but still these are the names i can think of at the top of my head tyson ,gilchrist ,griffith,larwood, holding , there are others as well but since they were from older generations i cant recall their names since i didnt watch them but just heard about them , give me some time...................
The guys you names were quick, but not anything like 155K. Frank Tyson was supposed to be very quick, but others were below Tyson in terms of pace. Former legends like Benaud who has seen Tyson and Thommo both, had compared Tyson to Thommo, but other than that no one says Gilchrist, Larwood, Holding, Griffith were as quick as Thommo or Akhtar. Most of the past or present cricketers have regarded Shoaib Akhtar the fastest bowler ever to have played cricket.
The guys you names were quick, but not anything like 155K. Frank Tyson was supposed to be very quick, but others were below Tyson in terms of pace. Former legends like Benaud who has seen Tyson and Thommo both, had compared Tyson to Thommo, but other than that no one says Gilchrist, Larwood, Holding, Griffith were as quick as Thommo or Akhtar. Most of the past or present cricketers have regarded Shoaib Akhtar the fastest bowler ever to have played cricket.
With a suspecting bowling action.:winky: