Sign in to follow this  
speed_demon

For how Long can MSD be the captain due to the TINA factor?

Knock Knock If you select the same players who are not performing over and over and over again what do you expect.Captain gets the credit for victories and should also take the blame for defeat.
I think this is the best team we could field in a cricket match, but they have not been performing at all.

I think this is the best team we could field in a cricket match' date=' but they have not been performing at all.[/quote'] Cricket Is not played on paper,After failures of certain players like jadega,raina,shewag throughout the tournament ,It hard to believe we stuck with same combination in a crucial match.

I think this is the best team we could field in a cricket match' date=' but they have not been performing at all.[/quote'] I would have at the very least given Tiwari a shot, the guy scored a ton the last time he played FFS (against WI and all that, I know) Raina is fine ODI player and all that, no doubt, but what is he doing in Australia after failing again and again? And there's Jaddu, you could replace anyone with Jaddu and it's an upgrade. Even Sehwag is bowling better than Jaddu FFS, there is no need of him if he can neither bat nor bowl.

And as for M$D, not entirely his fault - people are being too harsh on him IMO. His tactical errors are becoming more apparent (though admittedly it has gotten progressively worse) when batsmen sux balls.

And as for M' date=' not entirely his fault - people are being too harsh on him IMO. His tactical errors are becoming more apparent (though admittedly it has gotten progressively worse) when batsmen sux balls.[/quote'] Harsh :hysterical::hysterical:,No other captain would survive 2 white washes.

I think Bedi's talking about test captaincy. He should remain captain of ODI team atleast till 2015WC. In anycase he has to take care of his fitness and test cricket will affect his ODI performances. He's anyway indicated of quitting test captaincy after 2013.
I agree about tests, even his place in the team as keeper-bat in tests is in question. So captaincy should surely be handed over to someone more aggressive. Also with the amount of cricket he's playing (IPL,CL, ODI's) he should probably quit tests.

Dhoni-"The most adamant Captain" Dhoni's Team selection seems to be horrible.we at the moment cannot have a player like jadeja in australia because he is not an automatic choice either with bat or with ball.as per dhoni he is an excellent fielder.then we have Raina who is absolute rubbish with the bat and doesn't seems to improve his skill in tracks as we are encountering in Australia.as per dhoni he also improves team's fielding.then we could play with eleven excellent fielders. with our current batting line up what we want is one more proper batsman as we have lot of part time bowlers who could manage 10-12 overs.Another instance is Manoj Tiwary not getting even a single chance even though he scored a century in his last LOI.He cannot be worse than Raina with the bat.

Harsh :hysterical::hysterical:' date='No other captain would survive 2 white washes.[/quote'] Agreed, Dhoni deserves to go as a captain in Tests and IMO he should retire from Tests. He's much more valuable in shorter formats and that's what he needs to stick to.

Knock Knock If you select the same players who are not performing over and over and over again what do you expect.Captain gets the credit for victories and should also take the blame for defeat.
Feel free to blame him for the strategies not for the selected players. It's the selectors job.

I think the bigger problem dhoni had was amongst his 4 main bowlers(Irfan, PK, ashwin and Umesh) he was not confident that they can complete 40 complete overs and there is a spill over. so we are talking about 12-14 overs from the so called 5th bowler.. and sehwag and raina are relatively a shade lower than jadej. so he hjad to persist with him and have no choice. but the prom was when jaddu turned out to be an absolute dud. you want to give a lenthy rope to see how things stack and 5-6 matches in norm. the only person whom dhoni could have replaced is sehwag for tiwari but he might lose sehwag's spin capabilities. what this team needs is 4 bowlers who will always bowl their full quota of 40 overs and then couple of spinners or medium pacers who can bowl remaining 10 overs.. we r supremely missing yuvi here as he did this job to perfection and expected jaddu to fill the gap which is prolly not possible given jaddu's limitatations. yuvi is like watson for australia and i am sure even the aussies dont have a replacement for such an player.. same with india.. one good thing out of this series is that it will give a sound message to BCCI as i am sure their IPL revenues will nosedive... sehwag raina jaddu and zaheer would get stick. sachin would be silently told to retire from ODis Nohit sharma might start to truly realize his potential and stop worrying about IPL monies some true performers and unsung heroes could spring up... but we will not be able to compete for next 2 years if we just keep on chopping as every country probably has only 20-25 world class players and those are the players at the center stage.. we need to realize the entire bunch of cricketers have been over hyped and are basking in their IPL monies that they have forgotten that it is the national colors which leads them to such riches... the poor performances will reduce the lustre of IPL.. it is a fallout... either cricket will die or india will rise again as a phoenix if the board , selectors and administrators try to up the ante as far as infrastructure, identification of talent and quality of domestic cricket is concerned. and Dhoni is not @ fault.. all the current generation of indian cricketers are @ fault and dhoni happens to lead them.. he still happens to be the best man to lead the team... get rid of individuals with attitude like sh!twag and we can see the team come up....:icflove::icflove:

Feel free to blame him for the strategies not for the selected players. It's the selectors job.
I agree that he may have only limited role in selection of the squad (which he still has), but surely the XI is picked by him? I mean playing Tiwari ahead of Jaddu is sheer common sense when your batting is so pathetic. And when Ashwin has repeatedly failed against Aussies, could've given Rahul Sharma a shot too perhaps. Of course not saying that we would've magically started to win games or anything, but it has to start somewhere.

^ Jaddu can't be dropped. He's the $2million guy who needs maximum 'exposure' for India Cements to recover the invested money. Since Jaddu can't bat, to save his @$$ you need a better batsman (Ashwin). Hence you can't play Rahul Sharma in place of Ashwin. If you replace Jaddu with Tiwari then Rahul Sharma could get in. But it all depends on what are the priorities of India Cements.

Ohh plz, Dhoni achieved it all. He got the 50 and T20 WC under his belt. Took India to #1 test position ... he has achieved it all. Nothing more to achieve as a captain. Best Captain EVER!!! RESPECT to the MAN!

He should not be removed of the odi's captaincy in the first place. C'mon' date=' Get a life, u want a world-cup winning captain out?[/quote'] If he is removed from test captaincy,It will not be long before he will be removed from odi captaincy if we do well in tests and lose in odis.World cup ki baate chodo ko,Mazaak bana ke rakh diya world champion tag ka Kapil dev was removed from captaincy after world cup too.

Imagine Brazil coming home early from a football tournament and the reaction that the coach and captain would get. And contrast that with what will happen (nothing) to Fletchoni. Depressing.
Difference is that we are not exactly Brazil in cricket. Australia deserves that honor. Secondly the general public doesn't give a rat's @$$ about the team's result as long as their favorite player is in the team or they have Chamions League/IPL to look forward to. Have you seen anyone in India show concern about likes of Srinivasans, Pawars, Rajiv Shuklas, Shashank Manohars and Srikanths running cricket in the country despite not being fit to do so and despite clear conflict of interest. In Brazil they would have ran these folks out of office a long time back but in India sab kuch chalta hai.

MS Dhoni

"We wanted to make use of the new ball initially. I knew that if our fast bowlers could swing it a bit and get those early breakthroughs in the first six overs, then we could put pressure through the spinners. But if we tried the other way around, it is more than certain that if the fast bowlers come on later, it will be difficult for them to get batsmen out unless they play a rash shot. We started with fast bowlers, got the breakthroughs, but then they batted quite well and Rohit's (Sharma) over went for runs. But 120 was quite a low target to defend. We won this game by one run, so it is difficult to say that if a few strategies had been changed, we could have defeated them big."

I agreed there were quite a few tricks which MS missed' date=' especially not bringing in the field to new batsmen and giving ball to Ash too late. But the thing is, 120 was never defend-able for our bowling and fielding. We should be happy that we won the match in the end![/quote'] it may have been.SA has been prone to low score.wat sucks is we didnt give it the best shot. Dhoni defending bringing Rohit on saying that he didnt want to use up Ashwin's overs too early,wat was he saving those overs for,win was immaterial,after 121 he could hv tried anybody he wanted,wouldnt hv mattered

MS Dhoni bringing on Rohit Sharma to bowl to Faf Du Plessis is not related to MS Dhoni "saving" the spin bowlers. Faf Du Plessis plays for CSK and there must be something Dhoni must know about him that he gave that over to Rohit Sharma. He got it wrong - some days it works, some days it does not.

@Lord - Agreed he was wrong with a few things. But then, if not for Dhoni and Raina, we might have not reached even 152. The top order failed big time barring Yuvi. Yuvi was the only one who showed intent. And, I MUST say this, Rohit Sharma should never play for an Indian team for the rest of his life. He and his talent can go to HELL. No use of the talent if he cant help the team.

MS Dhoni bringing on Rohit Sharma to bowl to Faf Du Plessis is not related to MS Dhoni "saving" the spin bowlers. Faf Du Plessis plays for CSK and there must be something Dhoni must know about him that he gave that over to Rohit Sharma. He got it wrong - some days it works' date=' some days it does not.[/quote'] True. He knew Faf has played Ash in the nets and Ash might not be that useful against him. Overall, I am quite happy with our performance. We played really well except the match against Aus.

MS Dhoni bringing on Rohit Sharma to bowl to Faf Du Plessis is not related to MS Dhoni "saving" the spin bowlers. Faf Du Plessis plays for CSK and there must be something Dhoni must know about him that he gave that over to Rohit Sharma. He got it wrong - some days it works' date=' some days it does not.[/quote'] thats what he said. wats that something?

MS Dhoni bringing on Rohit Sharma to bowl to Faf Du Plessis is not related to MS Dhoni "saving" the spin bowlers. Faf Du Plessis plays for CSK and there must be something Dhoni must know about him that he gave that over to Rohit Sharma. He got it wrong - some days it works' date=' some days it does not.[/quote'] :cantstop: What do we call these? Conspiracy or anti-conspiracy theories? I have a counter. Having bowled Du plessis in nets, Ashwin would have known better about the weaknesses of him. So it would have made more sense to have him bowl.

@Lord - Agreed he was wrong with a few things. But then, if not for Dhoni and Raina, we might have not reached even 152. The top order failed big time barring Yuvi. Yuvi was the only one who showed intent. And, I MUST say this, Rohit Sharma should never play for an Indian team for the rest of his life. He and his talent can go to HELL. No use of the talent if he cant help the team.
yeah he batted brilliantly yesterday as we know he can,dunno why he cant be consistent in this format

:cantstop: What do we call these? Conspiracy or anti-conspiracy theories? I have a counter, having bowled Du plessis in nets, Ashwin would have known better about the weaknesses of him. So it would have made more sense to have him bowl.
exactly

yeah he batted brilliantly yesterday as we know he can' date='dunno why he cant be consistent in this format[/quote'] His our BEST batsman in this format. Just needs to have the right mindset. The problem with him is he can only play well when he comes out in 16th-17th over like yesterday. He is such a valuable batsman in this format that the most economical bowler of the tourney also got smacked by him!