RP Singh

I thought our newest kid on the block deserved a thread on his own. Not often an Indian pacer takes 5 for 59 away from home against a quality batting side. Some genuinely good deliveries as well! Isn't it refreshing to see the two youngest members of our side deliver? Just lends weight to the clamour for new blood in this ageing team. If you don't try them, you won't know if they are good enough. What do you guys think? Is this kid for keeps?

cant judge him by one performance..Our seamers are very inconsitent..one match great spell and another utter rubbish spells. RP Singh can generate some akward bounce..reminds me of Walsh..batsman would think Walsh is tiring, and in comes his effort ball. RP Singh has found out Vaughan's weakness. You would see him or Zaheer go round the wicket as soon as he arrives.

Delighted to see him succeed. He was unfairly discarded after a great debut which got him a MoM on a bowler's graveyard. He bowls good pace and generates good bounce from an awkward length, with the occasional ball that darts in. A much better version of Pathan on current form. But i would rate him below, Munaf, Sree & Zakky in that order. Wont figure in my first choice Test XI, but a good reserve.

I had this to say about RP Singh after the Saffie one dayers.. "RP has had plenty of chances. I for one , rated him very highly. I though he had it in him to run through a top order on his day. But his performances till now , can at best be termed scratchy. He will be replaced by sreesanth surely." "I dunno whether to call this personal bias or blind faith , but i for one like RP Singh. I feel there is "something" about his bowling that i dont see in the other youngsters. Remember , he is just 20. He gets excellent bounce at more than decent pace. I feel he is THIS close to major wicket haul."

Lesson for the ones that can't appreciate any type bowling other than bowling at over 90 mph bowlers. Pitches in England are good enough for medium pacers to earn wickets in heap as long as they are bowling in the right areas. Traditionally medium pacers with ability to move the ball will do well in England. Good to see someone not too experienced in test cricket put his hand up and take wickets.

Lesson for the ones that can't appreciate any type bowling other than bowling at over 90 mph bowlers. Pitches in England are good enough for medium pacers to earn wickets in heap as long as they are bowling in the right areas. Traditionally medium pacers with ability to move the ball will do well in England. Good to see someone not too experienced in test cricket put his hand up and take wickets.
well well.... u r exaggerating now, Ravs... i had called for over 135 kph in the other thread and RPS is exactly tht.... if anything he vindicates my point... so does Anderson and Sreesanth, who bowl over 135..... i wonder, if there are any 125kph lolli bowlers like phoolan devi in this test, who are ultra-successful, which is causing u to make this statement....