Sign in to follow this  
Cricket Tragic

India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Test matches Kolkata Mumbai Ahmedabad Nagpur ODIs Rajkot Dharamsala Ranchi Mohali Kochi

Thu Nov 15 - Mon Nov 19 1st Test - India v England Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad Fri Nov 23 - Tue Nov 27 2nd Test - India v England Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Wed Dec 5 - Sun Dec 9 3rd Test - India v England Eden Gardens, Kolkata Thu Dec 13 - Mon Dec 17 4th Test - India v England Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur Thu Dec 20 20:00 IST 1st T20I - India v England Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium, Pune Sat Dec 22 20:00 IST 2nd T20I - India v England Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Sun Jan 6 TBC v England XI (Delhi) Venue TBC Tue Jan 8 TBC v England XI (Delhi) Venue TBC Fri Jan 11 14:30 IST 1st ODI - India v England Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot Tue Jan 15 14:30 IST 2nd ODI - India v England Nehru Stadium, Kochi Sat Jan 19 14:30 IST 3rd ODI - India v England HEC International Cricket Stadium Complex, Ranchi Wed Jan 23 14:30 IST 4th ODI - India v England Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala Sun Jan 27 14:30 IST 5th ODI - India v England Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh

Chennai should have been one of the fixtures for Tests. And I hope Nagpur pitch isn't the one they use for odis and we get to see turning tracks at every venue where the ball turns square right from Day 1. I hope BCCI and state associations get this message and instruct the groundsmen to prepare the pitches accordingly :pray: If we don't get turning tracks it's gonna be a drawn series or maybe a 1-0 scoreline with anyone claiming one match depending on who collapses.

Chennai should have been one of the fixtures for Tests. And I hope Nagpur pitch isn't the one they use for odis and we get to see turning tracks at every venue where the ball turns square right from Day 1. I hope BCCI and state associations get this message and instruct the groundsmen to prepare the pitches accordingly :pray: If we don't get turning tracks it's gonna be a drawn series or maybe a 1-0 scoreline with anyone claiming one match depending on who collapses.
Risk playing in Chennai at that time of the year because of rain. The Poms hate A'bad. :hahaha:

First two tests at Eden and Mumbai..we should go for the kill and be 2-0 ahead with the ball turning and bouncing. Ahmedabad in all likelihood will be a dead track and Nagpour too would be a high scoring pitch. The absence of DRS may hurt us more in this series. DRS with the ball spinning is a lethal combination for batsmen with weaker technique against spin. Is there any chance that the BCCI will say yes to DRS before this series starts?

First two tests at Eden and Mumbai..we should go for the kill and be 2-0 ahead with the ball turning and bouncing. Ahmedabad in all likelihood will be a dead track and Nagpour too would be a high scoring pitch. The absence of DRS may hurt us more in this series. DRS with the ball spinning is a lethal combination for batsmen with weaker technique against spin. Is there any chance that the BCCI will say yes to DRS before this series starts?
I dont think so.

I need to hire Shiv Sainik in Ahmedabad to dig up the pitch..only then we can get result there.
Dont do that..the match will be abandoned. Better to bribe the groundsman. Why not start a fund for that? :winky:

Bcci loves nagpur for some reason. Plenty of games there in past 3-4 years since the new stadium was built
yes that dude Manohar and also Sharad Pawar has roots in Vidharba.

Total 10 home tests- NZ (Aug-Sep)- Hyderabad, Bangalore Eng (Nov-Dec)- Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Nagpur Aus (Feb-Mar)- Chennai, Delhi, Kanpur and Mohali Each of the test centres getting a home test. Hope the pitches are friendly for the home side.

Total 10 home tests- NZ (Aug-Sep)- Hyderabad, Bangalore Eng (Nov-Dec)- Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Nagpur Aus (Feb-Mar)- Chennai, Delhi, Kanpur and Mohali Each of the test centres getting a home test. Hope the pitches are friendly for the home side.
:two_thumbs_up:

oh we need more test centers...10 is very small number in big country like ours.

why ahmedabad? The crowd is always pathetic.
won't be this time around...there was cricket overkill last season, this season it will be different

Don't understand the clamor for square turners or pitches taking tune from day one - different from having pitches which offer good turn and bounce. None of the pitches in the 0-8 scoreline can be classified as a green top or a trampoline. It'll be disappointing if India has to resort to square tuners to win tests even at home now.

I don't think we need square turners to beat England. They couldn't read Jadeja the last time they played here. Even a flat track would do. Only a batting failure will see us lose/draw the series.

Yup on turning tracks with spinners as the main weapons DRS is a must have. DRS itself puts so much doubt in the minds of batsmen as they know that if the ball misses the bat, the fielding team can review the decision. I hope BCCI comes to its senses soon and stop harming the team coz of ego.

Yup on turning tracks with spinners as the main weapons DRS is a must have. DRS itself puts so much doubt in the minds of batsmen as they know that if the ball misses the bat' date=' the fielding team can review the decision. I hope BCCI comes to its senses soon and stop harming the team coz of ego.[/quote'] IMO it's not just BCCI but senior players too are not in the favour of DRS... All ICC needs (in the absence of DRS) is to depute Billy Bowden and Bruce Oxenford..

The England test series will be played in the winters but the venues picked do not have any sort of a winter. Even in Nov-Dec, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Nagpur will be around 33-34, hot enough for England to cry about the weather, pollution, noise etc.

IMO it's not just BCCI but senior players too are not in the favour of DRS... All ICC needs (in the absence of DRS) is to depute Billy Bowden and Bruce Oxenford..
I doubt too many seniors are against the decision. Sehwag was on record last year sayng he would prefer to have DRS. The only 2 seniors who are against DRS are Tendulkar and Dhoni. Other than these two I haven't heard too many complaining about th DRS. Against Eng/Aus/SA/NZ/WI etc. in India DRS is a huge plus for India as Pakis showed against Eng. They got so many LBWs which were initially given not out. Given our bowling attack will hinge on Ashwin & Ojha, it's imperative we have DRS in place but we all know BCCI won't allow it to happen as they will lose face. BCCI is the sort of organization which will willingly cut off its nose to spite its face as far as ego & grandstanding goes.

I doubt too many seniors are against the decision. Sehwag was on record last year sayng he would prefer to have DRS. The only 2 seniors who are against DRS are Tendulkar and Dhoni. Other than these two I haven't heard too many complaining about th DRS. Against Eng/Aus/SA/NZ/WI etc. in India DRS is a huge plus for India as Pakis showed against Eng. They got so many LBWs which were initially given not out. Given our bowling attack will hinge on Ashwin & Ojha' date=' it's imperative we have DRS in place but we all know BCCI won't allow it to happen as they will lose face. BCCI is the sort of organization which will willingly cut off its nose to spite its face as far as ego & grandstanding goes.[/quote'] But 'decision makers' are SRT and Dhoni, na... Who'll go against them?

The only 2 seniors who are against DRS are Tendulkar and Dhoni.
That's the captain and senior most player. The blame on the BCCI is very limited on this issue - they couldn't give a damn about whether DRS is used or not. They care about the money. If the team wants DRS BCCI will agree, what's the BCCI going to lose by not having DRS?

:yess: :yess: :yay: :yay: :aha: :aha: Hopefully I will see either the 2nd or 3rd Test vs Aus.

Just to add that I'm talking about the new stadium in Nagpur. The old one had good crowds even for tests.
IIRC the new stadium in Nagpur has extremely good facilities so maybe thats the reason.

That's the captain and senior most player. The blame on the BCCI is very limited on this issue - they couldn't give a damn about whether DRS is used or not. They care about the money. If the team wants DRS BCCI will agree' date=' what's the BCCI going to lose by not having DRS?[/quote'] Srinivasan also is a problem here largely due to an ego issue. Apparently, the hawk Eye and Hot spot guys had refused to give a personal presentation before the then BCCI secretary and now the chief. He has been dead against those two organizations ever since. However show him the money and let some sponsor say they will sponsor the DRS and pay the money to BCCI, we will see the same board president overrule any objections from the players.