Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|

SLICKR392

Australia Tour of India 2013 |Feb-Mar|  

1. 1.

• Dhawan
    • Dinda
    • Ojha
    • Rahane

Jackson Bird will Fly Back Home For Scans on His Back. The fast bowler Jackson Bird will fly home from Australia's tour of India to have precautionary scans on his back. Bird played in the first of Australia's two warm-up matches in Chennai and took 0 for 10 from 10 overs against the Indian Board President's XI but was not selected for the first Test. Although he will leave India in the next 24 hours Bird might return to the squad if the scans are clear. "Jackson has reported some low level back pain and we feel the best course of action to determine the issue is to send him back to Australia for scans," the Australian team doctor Peter Brukner said. "If the scans come back clear then he will return to India to take up his place with the squad." If Bird is ruled out of the tour Australia will need to decide whether to send another fast bowler to join the squad. It is likely that Bird would have been the fifth bowler in line for a Test call-up on this trip given that the other fast man in the squad, Mitchell Johnson, has had success in India in the past.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/606383.html I think now is the chance for Australia to call up either Beer or Ashton Agar into the side.
because he would have robbed CSKites Ashwin for taking 5-fer' date=' Dhonis lover Jaddu for taking 2 wickets and justify his selection, his business partner Bhajji for taking 2 wickets and cement his place in the team and Dhoni didnt want that.[/quote'] thats such a load of crap . Some of you have really lost it . Do you even realize that spinners took all the 19 wickets & if Dhoni persists with them ...its cos of CSK connection ? :facepalm:

Who Am I (from Cricinfo) Is it true that you are a fan of the Rocky movies? Yes, a very big fan. I have a big collection of various Rocky things. I have watched every Rocky numerous times. Obviously the acting is a key element of my fan worship, but somewhere I think I could relate quite a bit to Sylvester Stallone's character, and I visualise myself in his shoes when I train. That makes me enjoy what I do and keep me motivated. So do you run with the "Eye of the Tiger" playing in your ears during training? Totally. And what is your favourite line from the series? "It ain't over till it's over." You're said to wear a yellow t-shirt to dinner all the time. Is that a superstition? I keep saying yellow is my favourite colour, but now the cat's out of the bag, yes, it is a superstition. During the season the t-shirt was a lucky charm. I wore it every day before I went for training and then I wore it to dinner every day of the match. Tell us about your training routines. I enjoy my training a lot, and since childhood I have tried different things, some crazy but at the same time challenging - climbing pipelines, pushing cars uphill, running up and down 14 floors of the building in which I live in Mumbai, wood-chopping. At the Bandra-Kurla Complex ground I used to shovel and carry mud from one part of the ground to the other. The idea was not to spend the whole time in the gym and pump iron and grow my muscles. These tasks raise my endurance and allow me to try different things. You also do this thing where you shriek? Recently I started working with a mental-skills coach. Having understood the kind of person I am and my mental process, one of the things he suggested was to scream out the kind of things I want to achieve - essentially my goals. It is difficult to explain but the idea is to stimulate the mind and believe in what I am saying. You have these mental blocks and somehow shouting at the top of your lungs gets rid of them. That sounds wacky. Have you landed in trouble for causing noise pollution? I did a session at Rohit's [sharma] house and people in his building were concerned whether things were fine. They thought someone was fighting. And let me tell you this, Rohit was a lot louder than me. What is the craziest thing you have done while playing cricket? During a zonal Under-19 tournament in Rohtak, I was very disappointed with my dismissal. Later in the evening I went to dinner with my whites, gloves and helmet on. Needless to say, my team-mates were embarrassed. You advise your team-mates on where they should invest their money. Do you enjoy playing the consultant? We only play for a short period of time in our lives, so I have always thought that we have to be wise about where we put our money. I have been fortunate to have people around me who give me good advice, so I feel it is important for me to share it with my friends. What is the best investment then? Owning property is very important. Investing in shares is another good option, but not more than 20% [of your savings], and the key is to distribute the money across different stocks. What is the best story you have heard about the pride of playing for Mumbai? My coaches, from Dinesh Nanavati, Chandrakant Pandit, Praveen Amre Sir and Naresh Churi always spoke about the pride attached to playing for any Mumbai team - not just Ranji. I don't remember any specific story but I recollect the Mumbai U-19s, under Chandu sir, would get into a huddle and shout "Go Mumbai." The feeling about playing as a team and winning is always there when you play for Mumbai. When I entered the Ranji dressing room for the first time, I was intimidated on seeing some of the big players training and speaking about that pride and how important winning was. Who is the toughest player in Ranji Trohy? Wasim Jaffer is someone I have always looked up to. The second is Ajinkya Rahane, whose work ethic has always impressed me. Have you ever successfully sledged a top player? Shitanshu Kotak of Saurashtra is one of the toughest batsmen to bowl to on the domestic circuit. A lot of people believe that sledging only makes him bat better. I've been going at him right from the Times Shield days, and once in the 2003-04 season I went after him like a mad man. Even when I was not bowling, I was chatting to him. Kotak finally said: "Bhai, main bhi das saal Ranji Trophy khel chooka hoon (Mate, I have played Ranji Trophy for ten years)." I told him I didn't care, and finally got him out. What's your favourite wicket celebration routine? After reaching my maiden first-class century [in Pakistan], I pulled up my sleeves, kissed my biceps and flexed them all around. I was quite pumped up and it was a spontaneous reaction. You girlfriend is a hair stylist. Does she do your hair? Before we started dating, I was more creative - that's what she says. At the moment I have shaved my head, having visited Tirupathi recently. But in the past I have done highlights, and coloured patches of my hair red, blue, blond, grey, white. You are known for your dancing skills. Are you better than Sreesanth? It is difficult to say. Both of us are good, but it would be really close. You should ask Rohit, Yuvi or Virat that question.

Indian team for 2nd Test If we get a similar surface for the 2nd Test, which we should ask for as Aussies have no spinners at all and pace is all they have, this is the team I would love to see us field... Dhawan Sehwag Pujara Tendulkar Kohli Dhoni (c, wk) - (should bat at 6 as he can make it count when he gets in) Rahane - (too low in the order but at least he gets a chance) Ashwin Ojha Rahul Sharma - (his skiddy, fast & straightish deliveries will be more than handful on a surface similar to the one in Chennai) Shami Ahmed - (or any other pacer as won't make much of a difference) Unfortunately, as per squad selected by BCCI, Rahul Sharma and Shami will need to be replaced by Sir Jaddu and Unlucky Ishant/B Kumar :((