IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

After missing out on India A call-up, Kaul bags Delhi Daredevils contract. Siddharth Kaul had a dream Ranji season this year. Having taken 44 wickets in nine matches for Punjab, the 22-year-old speedster became the second highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy. Although he did not bag a berth either in India A team or in the Board President XI outfit, Kaul has impressed the Delhi Daredevils think-tank who have hired him for the upcoming IPL season. Kaul has signed a one-year contract with the Delhi Daredevils team for this season and would be bowling along side South African Morne Morkel, Irfan Pathan and Umesh Yadav during the T-20 championship. Although, he was part of the Kolkata Knight Riders outfit in the first IPL, he never got the chance to play in any of the matches. For Kaul, the upcoming IPL will be a perfect platform to showcase his abilities on a big level. Speaking about his inclusion in the DD squad Siddharth told Sportline, "It's good that I managed to impress the Delhi team selectors and they included me in the team. I am all pumped to give my best. The only exposure I got of IPL was when I was included in the Kolkata Knight Riders development squad back in 2008. It would be wonderful to get a fresh lease of life through DD team call-up." The Punjab team reached the semi-finals of the tournament. A great amount of Punjab's success could be attributed to their pace young duo of Sandeep Sharma and Siddarth Kaul. Kaul emerged as the more aggressive and dominant of the two. He made a fairy-tale comeback this season after battling knee injuries. Incidentally, Kaul was part of the U-19 World Cup Indian team which triumphed in Malaysia back in 2008. Talking about his Ranji stint this season and also not being disappointed for not making it to the India A team, this is what Kaul had to say, "I had a good outing in the Ranji Trophy. If we would have won the championship, it would have been like a dream coming true. Nevertheless, we reached the semis with some outstanding performances. I learnt a lot while bowling at different batsmen in different conditions. Most importantly, I am happy to have made a successful comeback in the Ranji team. After I played in the U-19 WC, I had not done anything extraordinary. It was important for me to make a strong comeback and prove myself." Back in 2007, Kaul had taken a five-wicket haul against Orissa in his debut Ranji match after which he got selected in the U-19 Indian team. Adding further he said, "I am not disappointed for not making it to the India A team. I will put all my efforts during the ODI matches for Punjab and then there is IPL." "I had a good outing in the Ranji Trophy. If we would have won the championship, it would have been like a dream coming true. Nevertheless, we reached the semis with some outstanding performances. I learnt a lot while bowling at different batsmen in different conditions. Most importantly, I am happy to have made a successful comeback in the Ranji team. After I played in the U-19 WC, I had not done anything extraordinary. It was important for me to make a strong comeback and prove myself" http://www.indianexpress.com/news/after-missing-out-on-india-a-callup-kaul-bags-delhi-daredevils-contract/1069432/2

Morkel,Yadav and Irfan will be the attack,no and then they have Sir AggyB->
well last time aaron got in some how and i think for balance of team they will play him a guy who can bowl yorkers is always gr8 in t20's and there is little incentive too to play younger guys ..so who knows? :giggle:
yeah and he was pretty good but not sure of him being successful in int cricket
in test cricket next guy in would be shami and then pandey and after them this guy deserves it .. he needs 1 more season just to get some more experience other than that he has lot going for him..i have never seen any domestic bowler bowl so well on flat track
well last time aaron got in some how and i think for balance of team they will play him a guy who can bowl yorkers is always gr8 in t20's and there is little incentive too to play younger guys ..so who knows? :giggle:
DD will go for experience I think. he may get a game ir two,but not full season