Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

Agreed but the conditions in NZ were easy to bat on. Very easy infact. What we lacked were good starts and NZ usually got it from Guptill and Ryder.
Yeah, but there tends to be a little bit of swing, seam movement and bounce with the 2 new balls in these conditions. As ball gets older, it becomes easier for batting. Mills and Southee are also experienced bowlers who bowl a tight line and length and don't give freebies like Indian seamers. They rarely bowled bad balls at the start. Their records in ODIs are excellent and its not very easy to score off them up front.

will be interesting if India bring in a new opener and even he fails due to Rohit.. lets keep in mind Dhoni axed Ganguly cause he was too slow in the first 10 when India got off to poor starts even if Ganguly ended up with a good score.

will be interesting if India bring in a new opener and even he fails due to Rohit.. lets keep in mind Dhoni axed Ganguly cause he was too slow in the first 10 when India got off to poor starts even if Ganguly ended up with a good score.
Ganguly was dropped because players who had won the T20 WC a couple of months ago had to be accommodated in the ODI team - guys like Gambhir and Rohit. ODI Team needed a transition then and Dhoni was bold enough to ask for youngsters citing overall poor fielding standards of the side (and Srini wasn't the BCCI chief). Also while you are hammering Rohit for poor strike rate, why no comments on Rahane's performance? 4 matches, 49 runs@12 with a SR of 63!
Ganguly was dropped because players who had won the T20 WC a couple of months ago had to be accommodated in the ODI team - guys like Gambhir and Rohit. ODI Team needed a transition then and Dhoni was bold enough to ask for youngsters citing overall poor fielding standards of the side (and Srini wasn't the BCCI chief). Also while you are hammering Rohit for poor strike rate, why no comments on Rahane's performance? 4 matches, 49 runs@12 with a SR of 63!
umm i have called for Rahane to be dropped in the first post of their thread..... dude seriously read the opening post and not just the headline.
From the opening post in this thread. I have notice this quite a lot from you sane. You jump into the arguments without reading stuff. Take a deep breath and read.
umm i have called for Rahane to be dropped in the first post of their thread..... dude seriously read the opening post and not just the headline. From the opening post in this thread. I have notice this quite a lot from you sane. You jump into the arguments without reading stuff. Take a deep breath and read.
Apologies, mea culpa.
Still no call for Pujara. Only in India would batsmen in List A with 50+ average like Pujara' date=' Jadhav, and Jaggi be forced to wait in the sidelines.[/quote'] Will be great if Pujara can come in and do well but overseas Pujara too will play a similar role which Rohit is doing, i.e. anchor from one end. Will get blamed for downfall of other batsmen
Will be great if Pujara can come in and do well but overseas Pujara too will play a similar role which Rohit is doing' date=' i.e. anchor from one end. Will get blamed for downfall of other batsmen[/quote'] he certainly wont waste so many deliveries like rohit. he takes a while to settle down and then scores at a brisk pace. Just his running could be suspect
Agreed but the conditions in NZ were easy to bat on. Very easy infact. What we lacked were good starts and NZ usually got it from Guptill and Ryder.
Yes, the pitch had nothing in it and Rohit was treating innocuous half trackers from Mills like they were spitting venomous deliveries! Just a little hint of swing - cover teh movement and hit over the cover! We have been spoiled by the likes of Sachin & Sehwag who would have salivated at the thought of facing these bowls. Kohli has that attacking instinct, but was unlucky yesterday. IMO, Shikhar should be retained and Rohit needs to be a lot more positive on easy tracks. I could have understood saving the wickets on treacherous SA and OZ tracks, but this was a batting beauty, need to get on to it from word go! Even if a coupel wickets fall, bowlers will be demoralized with a RPO of 6+ during first 10 overs. In NZ, i would take 70/2 after 10 rather than 30/1. Need a GPL badly for Rohit.. Rahane out of depths.. Not seen much of Rayudu yet. Binny is an alrounder who is equally good at batting, bowling & fielding - cipher :hysterical:

Anyways going back to the thread.....So ROhit can suck the momentum out of the game but still end up making up for his S/R So you are saying 1)the others dont posess the samre skill to settle down and then accelerate 2)They are mental midgets that cannot focus on their game and let the struggle of the other batsman impact them What does that make of the other team members?