What's the deal with England?

I hardly keep track of non India related cricket news. So my question is what is the team composition of the English test team (as we play there this summer). Pietersen's sacked, Swann's retired, Trott has taken a leave. Any others? So this will be the team? Cook Some guy Some guy Some guy Bell Prior Some guy Anderson Broad Some guy Some guy

I hardly keep track of non India related cricket news. So my question is what is the team composition of the English test team (as we play there this summer). Pietersen's sacked, Swann's retired, Trott has taken a leave. Any others? So this will be the team? Cook other country player other country player other country player Bell Prior other country player Anderson Broad other country player other country player
corrected!

Cook some opener Root Bell some batsman some keeper Ben Stokes Broad Some spinner Some pacer Anderson England are still deadly in their own conditions. Lets not forget they beat Aus 3-0 in the ashes inn england. If india cant win in NZ due to defensive singh dhoni then England is going to be much harder.

I think Trott might play in the County and eventually retain the #3 slot against us. Carberry might partner Cook, but since he has spoken against Giles, you never know. Bairstow & Stokes are a sure shot. With the County season around, we might see some new faces against us scoring few tons and doubles.

I think Trott might play in the County and eventually retain the #3 slot against us. Carberry might partner Cook' date=' but since he has spoken against Giles, you never know. Bairstow & Stokes are a sure shot. With the County season around, [b']we might see some new faces against us scoring few tons and doubles.
:nono: This time it will be different
btw if i had to predict a side it would be Cook Robson Root Bell James Taylor/Ballance Jos Butler Ben Stokes Broad Borthwick Graeme Onions Anderson with Bresnan, Bairstow and Morgan making the squad.
This seems like the team they would be thinking about. Though Onions seems to be regularly ignored, so possible they could go elsewhere, Meaker or someone. I see Chris Jordan making the team too
This seems like the team they would be thinking about. Though Onions seems to be regularly ignored, so possible they could go elsewhere, Meaker or someone. I see Chris Jordan making the team too
depends who the coach becomes to be honest. If its Moores then IMO Onions will get the nod. If its Giles then he might go back to giving Warwickshire pacer Rankin another go. Based on the twitterati Robson seems to be near certain to open alongside cook. The keeper position is still up for grabs. People are not convinced with Butler. Prior might well hang on for lack of replacement and Bairstow is not a test keeper. But if Moores gets the nod then Butler (his ward at Lancashire) will get the nod. Brothwick should be the spinner. Did well in Sydney and also has a solid county record and is a good fielder and a decent bat. In general though, Durham and yorkshire based players should feature prominently. These two counties after all have been the ones doing the best with youth in the county season last year. Durham have Borthwick, Onions, Stokes. Yorkshire have Root, Bresnan, Bairstow, Ballance in contention.
depends who the coach becomes to be honest. If its Moores then IMO Onions will get the nod. If its Giles then he might go back to giving Warwickshire pacer Rankin another go. Based on the twitterati Robson seems to be near certain to open alongside cook. The keeper position is still up for grabs. People are not convinced with Butler. Prior might well hang on for lack of replacement and Bairstow is not a test keeper. But if Moores gets the nod then Butler (his ward at Lancashire) will get the nod. Brothwick should be the spinner. Did well in Sydney and also has a solid county record and is a good fielder and a decent bat. In general though, Durham and yorkshire based players should feature prominently. These two counties after all have been the ones doing the best with youth in the county season last year. Durham have Borthwick, Onions, Stokes. Yorkshire have Root, Bresnan, Bairstow, Ballance in contention.
Yeh no good gloveman around. Can't see Foster getting a call up. They're too concerned about making sure the keeper can bat.
Eng face SL before us, so even if they have something to work on they'll get it fixed before us. While we'll be going in with next to no preparation. Honestly keep your expectations low people.
We did well against SA, a far superior team so should have a good series. The 4-0 days are over.