Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

Its all relative isn't it. Macro-economic indicators are much better.Investor confidence is up. Doing much, much better than the scamgress govt. Shourie gave himself away when the Jaitley topic was brought up.
Shourie was a great soldier for hindutva cause. I think recent slipup is the handy work of senility/pride. Prehaps he was denied a post that he was interested in? Same thing happened to Advani. I won't fault him though' date=' life has dealt him sh!t hand. That too must be playing on his mind as he looks back on his life.[/quote'] Shourie might be bitter about not being involved with the govt., but he makes some valid points. We can all agree that things have been far from ideal.

Shourie might be bitter about not being involved with the govt.' date=' but he makes some valid points. We can all agree that things have been far from ideal.[/quote'] Would have been interesting to see Shourie / Gurumurthy/Swamy in the Modi govt...

not a bad one year..could have done lot more. biggest plus has been the increase in effecieny of govt officials & lesser corruption for me
+1. Don't understand some of the half measures when they such a overwhelming majority.

Would have been interesting to see Shourie / Gurumurthy/Swamy in the Modi govt...
I think there is a no 75+ minister policy. I believe Jayant Sinha is set to become the next FM. Swamy has a role to play as an outsider. Can't wait for him to get the green light to take down Undie TV.

Swamy is just to volatile to hold down a ministry (though i feel he will be very good at his job) I think people are selling the government short. Key economic bills passed 49% FDI in insurance, Mining bill, Coal bill etc. You cant blame Modi if he does not have the numbers in the rajya sabha. If they manage to sneak in the GST which has been stuck for a decade along with the Real estate bill i would say its a big progress. Much much better than other BRICS countries such as Brazil, South Africa and Russia who have done square of jack in terms of reforms. Clearly in 2016 the rajya sabha picture will change with more people from the NDA joining the ranks.

I think there is a no 75+ minister policy. I believe Jayant Sinha is set to become the next FM. Swamy has a role to play as an outsider. Can't wait for him to get the green light to take down Undie TV.
Yeah...Arun Jaitley has already had health troubles soon after taking over. He is mentoring Jayant quite well and has given him more responsibility than any other previous MoS in Finance.

modi Govt performance

Mar 30 2014 Addressing a public meeting at Nanded in Maharashtra on Sunday, Modi, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, said: “If the BJP forms the government after the Lok Sabha election, we will form special courts and take action against MPs (members of Parliament) and MLAs (members of legislative assemblies) involved in corruption cases and facing criminal charges.
Have these special courts been formed ? LINK
Apr 2014 " As far as corruption goes, we have a judicial system that ensures justice is done. The corrupt and criminal elements in every party must be punished within a year, for which we will create special courts. In this, no party will be excluded. "
Within which year ? does that year fall in this decade ? LINK The "Great Tweeter" should read his past proclamations once in a while.

Couple of interesting reads. India a year after Modi's election: The bullish case http://www.cnbc.com/id/102636562 Placing huge faith in Modi government, General Motors set to storm India as Korea costs climb http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/auto/news/industry/placing-huge-faith-in-modi-government-general-motors-set-to-storm-india-as-korea-costs-climb/articleshow/47143601.cms

modi Govt performance

Have these special courts been formed ? LINK Within which year ? does that year fall in this decade ? LINK The "Great Tweeter" should read his past proclamations once in a while.

Its difficult to arrest 'secular' criminals so easily :((

modi Govt performance

Have these special courts been formed ? LINK Within which year ? does that year fall in this decade ? LINK The "Great Tweeter" should read his past proclamations once in a while.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-04-29/news/61653162_1_anti-corruption-law-sanction-corruption-act Union cabinet did pass the more stringent anti-corruption bill ...

GST passed in Lok Sabha. Now needs to be passed in RS. Shouldn't be a problem either way as JS will be called if it isn't passed in RS. Should be implemented by April 2016. Now, before the theekhi-mirch spin-doctors start digging up the 2011 draft and start their spin-doctoring about NDA opposition to the 2011 draft, below article states the differences: http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-why-is-arun-jaitley-keen-on-bypassing-standing-committee-for-gst-bill-2082925 Here is Jaitley addressing the LS and providing his arguments: Z0ZJnqHu4Jw People can check the related videos to listen to the entire discussion. The GST councils for states in deciding the rate of GST will comprise of 3 members; union finance minister and 2 state finance ministers as per the 2014 draft. The centre's power in deciding the rate has been reduced and the state's power has increased. First major economic reform. Hopefully LAB follows.

For all its shortcomings, the economic polices and the turnaround initiated by this govt is a breath of fresh air compared to the UPA govt of slavish Manmohan Singh, a pet dog of the Christian Sonia Gandhi.