World Cup Telecast/Broadcast Thread

vpns usually have low bandwidth so won't withstand video, Guys, if you try to watch starsports, be cautious that you won't get full HD, it does fluctuate and can skip a seconds at times but overall the quality is good and better than the free streams. I'd use it as a backup but if you're trying to watch with lots of people, it may be a little frustrating at times. It obviously won't match TV quality. But good to try it out. kruiser or anyone requiring more info can send me a pm

My research/experiment so far. My physical location: -US Ideally would like to: - Watch HD games on TV using - StarSports Web / Mobile or Tablet app (airplay/chromecast). What I need: - StarSports Subscription - VPN Service - Internet: 8mb (Recommended) 4mb (good, still HD but a little compromised bitrate when your internet is shared between your family members and VPN never matches your ISP speed) - HDMI Cable (If want to connect your laptop / computer to TV) - Apple TV, if want to stream using iPhone / iPad / MacBook (TESTED ) - Chromecast ( not tested but I heard form friends that you can mirror any android content to your TV?) Costs: - StarSports Subscription: $19.36 - VPN Services: FREE / $5 / $12 VPN Suggestions: ibVPN (Has two VPN Servers in INDIA) ExpressVPN (Has one VPN Servers in INDIA) VyprVpn Why do I need VPN Server in India? (SKIP if you do not want to use iPhone or iPad to watch streaming) Despite Starsports.com mentioned streaming WC2015 being available in these other countries, I was only able to successfully watch stream on iphone/ipad using choosing India as VPN country. And the problem is, the speed of Indian servers is about 0.5 mbps, which gives you an OK quality on your phone and iPad. HOWEVER you can use any other country (iceland/portugal/etc) to watch Crystal Clear HD on your web using your favorite browser. The mobile app somehow checks for IP that belongs to India where on starsports.com on web will work with all the mentioned countries. Other than India, all of above mentioned VPN providers were giving me excellent speeds. You can choose the best country that works for you. How to: - VPN: Just use either my recommended VPN provider or google any other VPN, ideally go for trial ones first. Once registered, download and install your VPN and connected to any VPN server. - StarSports Subscription: Activate VPN for any country (Ideally an India VPN server [just for signup]) and go to the subscription page. You should see the ICC WORLDCUP 2015 package for RS:1500 or anything equivalent to $19. If you see "No subscriptions available" means the country under VPN you choose is not supported. I can assure that quality of stream was maximum Starsports had to provide, no lags, 25-30 fps. I didn't intend to confuse anyone, and I am not a network person so I may have used wrong terminology but all the above is based purely on my experience. If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer.