Dhonis challenge

vijay50

Dhoni 's positive  He can put together a winning team even with some crap players. His negative He will continue the same team win or lose. Also he was able to get the team charged up in crucial matches. I remember Ntini steaming fire in 2007 IPL final. I had not seen him bowl that way even for SA.  Also as he evolved he developed a knack of bossing the game when the pitch assists spin. Some good spinners developed under him. He screwed them in tests that is a different matter with defensive field set. On flat roads he consistently came a cropper against some relatively inexperienced batsman. I expect him to take this side to semi final atleast. He works harder in the iPL than for India. One can see it clearly  as he quiet often loses cool in IPL . 

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Dhoni 's positive  He can put together a winning team even with some crap players. His negative He will continue the same team win or lose. Also he was able to get the team charged up in crucial matches. I remember Ntini steaming fire in 2007 IPL final. I had not seen him bowl that way even for SA.  Also as he evolved he developed a knack of bossing the game when the pitch assists spin. Some good spinners developed under him. He screwed them in tests that is a different matter with defensive field set. On flat roads he consistently came a cropper against some relatively inexperienced batsman. I expect him to take this side to semi final atleast. He works harder in the iPL than for India. One can see it clearly  as he quiet often loses cool in IPL . 

Only thing I agree here is that 'He works harder for IPL than for India'. He selected Rahane for the WC semis so that he can have some match practice before the all important IPL opener. Can you find any other player with this kind of dedication for IPL ??

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Perfect post except for the last line. The last time rahane played at wankhede before WT20 he smacked the SA bowlers a lot. I think 85+ in 60 balls. I would say its rahane's fault he played like that. 

On April 9, 2016 at 1:10 PM, vijay50 said:

Was CSK good because of Dhoni's captaincy or CSKs core group of players (Raina, Jadeja, Bravo, BMac)

What  do you think?

Dhoni-1 at this point on this new chalkenge.

I think it was mostly to do with continuity. That seemed to help build some team spirit. All the other teams experienced huge changes over the years, but CSK had pretty much the same core group of players. Other players that switched around had no real allegiance to any team.