Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rkt.india

Should Performance Enhancing Drugs be made legal to use in sports?

PED in sports?   24 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Performance Enhancing Drugs be made legal in Cricket and in other sports?

    • No, there is no place for PEDs in sports
    • Yes, make it legal

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
86 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Heard it all before. 'Oh I so did it accidently for some other reasons.I am a dumb fellow to not know I am a professional cricketer.' 

so if you someone is a professional cricketer, does he automatically know everything especially when you are just a domestic level cricketer. Anyway , i dont see any problem in taking steroids. They should not even be banned and should be legal in sports.

Share this post


Link to post

ID: 2   Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And sometimes, those companies who make fat loss supplements do not even mention their product contains steroid. Otherwise, product wont sell and steroid brings results.

Why are other players not facing the same issues. Do they perform tests of powders privately before taking it? After all use of steroids is pretty common according to you and companies mislead by not making content known properly.So it should have been a widespread concern until now.

Are you crazy? Why should steroids be allowed?

Edited by Pollack

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why are other players not facing the same issues. Do they perform tests of powders privately before taking it? After all use of steroids is pretty common according to you and companies mislead by not making content known properly.So it should have been a widespread concern until now.

Are you crazy? Why should steroids be allowed?

i didnt say steroid use is common. Did I say that? I said that supplement use is common and some supplement might carry steroid in it which company may not have disclosed in its ingredients. Not every supplement would carry that but then those supplement wont be effective enough for weight loss.

 

Tell me why should steroids not be allowed? The biggest advantage of steroids is that they help heal injuries quickly and that can be real boon for sportsmen.

Share this post


Link to post

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why are other players not facing the same issues. Do they perform tests of powders privately before taking it? After all use of steroids is pretty common according to you and companies mislead by not making content known properly.So it should have been a widespread concern until now.

Are you crazy? Why should steroids be allowed?

very few ind domestic cricketers work out,in our system it seems it is more acceptable to have a belly than get fit...ppl like kohli have access to the ind team physios and doctors ,sangwan doesnt have that ,it all depends on your doctor who are also aware of wada regulations ,you cant expect ppl to become experts on biochemistry in order to bulk up

Edited by MultiB48

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

This is absolutely insane. No. Can't have performance enhancing sterioids be made legal in sports. 

 

Can't have Tennis players going crazy out there on court and taking advantage over other players or atheletes in olympics or in any sports for that matter.

Bhai if steroids are legal, they are legal for everyone and there wont be any advantage over anyone because all are taking them. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i didnt say steroid use is common. Did I say that? I said that supplement use is common and some supplement might carry steroid in it which company may not have disclosed in its ingredients. Not every supplement would carry that but then those supplement wont be effective enough for weight loss.

 

Tell me why should steroids not be allowed? The biggest advantage of steroids is that they help heal injuries quickly and that can be real boon for sportsmen.

I meant supplement only at the place of steroids. Why is Sanghwan the only victim of such products or why are very few who are victims of such supplements if players take it fairly commonly?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I meant supplement only at the place of steroids. Why is Sanghwan the only victim of such products or why are very few who are victims of such supplements if players take it fairly commonly?

http://www.vox.com/a/supplements

 

Read this. where did i say players take supplements commonly? I said lot of guys who workout take supplements for different purposes some weight loss, some weight gain, some other purposes and sometimes those supplement can contain hidden drugs like steroids which are not mentioned on the ingredient label. Not every supplement contain steroid. Sangwan might be only victim because not every domestic cricketer is tested for doping or not everyone would have taken the same supplement that Sangwan too because every supplement don't contain the steroid. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

very few ind domestic cricketers work out,in our system it seems it is more acceptable to have a belly than get fit...ppl like kohli have access to the ind team physios and doctors ,sangwan doesnt have that ,it all depends on your doctor who are also aware of wada regulations ,you cant expect ppl to become experts on biochemistry in order to bulk up

That means use of supplements is also not common amongst players.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

http://www.vox.com/a/supplements

 

Read this. where did i say players take supplements commonly? I said lot of guys who workout take supplements for different purposes some weight loss, some weight gain, some other purposes and sometimes those supplement can contain hidden drugs like steroids which are not mentioned on the ingredient label. Not every supplement contain steroid. Sangwan might be only victim because not every domestic cricketer is tested for doping or not everyone would have taken the same supplement that Sangwan too because every supplement don't contain the steroid. 

Players are more smarter than we believe them to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bhai if steroids are legal, they are legal for everyone and there wont be any advantage over anyone because all are taking them. 

Yaar simple logic hai.

 

Have you ever heard of the guy named Lance Armstrong? Have you ever watched "Stop At nothing" If not please go watch it. 

 

Do you realize how unfair all of this is to all the opposition players?

 

Do you worry anything about the integrity of the game if every player starts taking drugs?

 

What's the use of exams if every student is allowed to open and cheat from each other of from the book or internet? 

 

There is no place for performance enhancing drugs in sports. Let's leave it for Hollywood folks. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

That means use of supplements is also not common amongst players.

arey bhai it is not necessary that every supplement would contain illegal substance and you would hardly see many domestic cricketers going to gym and working out. It is the new generation U19, U22 who now I have been seeing going to the gym, Look at Ishan Kishan, he is 18 but look at those biceps. They are the reason he could hit ball so far. Even Pant has joined the bandwagon now and is getting fitter.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yaar simple logic hai.

 

Have you ever heard of the guy named Lance Armstrong? Have you ever watched "Stop At nothing" If not please go watch it. 

 

Do you realize how unfair all of this is to all the opposition players?

 

Do you worry anything about the integrity of the game if every player starts taking drugs?

 

What's the use of exams if every student is allowed to open and cheat from each other of from the book or internet? 

 

There is no place for performance enhancing drugs in sports. Let's leave it for Hollywood folks. 

Lance Armstrong did it when steroids were banned. If steroids are made legal, there wont be any advantage as all players can use them. It will enhance the level of the game too.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Players are more smarter than we believe them to be. 

not really, players are actually dumber than we think them to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rkt.india said:

arey bhai it is not necessary that every supplement would contain illegal substance and you would hardly see many domestic cricketers going to gym and working out. It is the new generation U19, U22 who now I have been seeing going to the gym, Look at Ishan Kishan, he is 18 but look at those biceps. They are the reason he could hit ball so far. Even Pant has joined the bandwagon now and is getting fitter.

When did I say every supplement contains steroids or any other illegal substances. Yes new generation is hitting the gyms more often. Let's see how many get duped by 'misleading products'.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

not really, players are actually dumber than we think them to be.

I meant some players lol.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Pollack said:

That means use of supplements is also not common amongst players.

as i said it depends on your doctor who needs to be informed about wada regulations ,wada keeps on updating their list, what substance may take what form in your body and how it may be interpreted in the test is a complex matter 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Lance Armstrong did it when steroids were banned. If steroids are made legal, there wont be any advantage as all players can use them. It will enhance the level of the game too.  

No it won't. It will destroy sports.

 

Not every athelete reacts the same way to PEDs. This will give undue advantage to lesser or bullshyt atheletes to compete in ranking with top atheletes. That is absolutely unfair.

This is blatant cheating.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No it won't. It will destroy sports.

 

Not every athelete reacts the same way to PEDs. This will give undue advantage to lesser or bullshyt atheletes to compete in ranking with top atheletes. That is absolutely unfair.

This is blatant cheating.

 

 

there are so many PEDs and every athlete will be benefited by them. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No it won't. It will destroy sports.

 

Not every athelete reacts the same way to PEDs. This will give undue advantage to lesser or bullshyt atheletes to compete in ranking with top atheletes. That is absolutely unfair.

This is blatant cheating.

 

 

how is it unfair ,lifting one's performance takes a lot more effort,it is a lot more taxing and stressful than just being born with natural talent .this is what successful humans have always strived for ,this is what makes ppl interesting and insightful.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

there are so many PEDs and every athlete will be benefited by them. 

You want to make something legal to use for all in sports which could be extremely dangerous for many atheletes.

Do you know that some PED's are extremely deadly for human body where as they could alter an athelete's body?

 

You want to create a culture where young kids would look into investing time and money in finding the right substance to enhance their potential of winning over their peer in a game. This will also affect their health at such a young age.

 

It is going to be a recipe to disaster.

 

There is no place for PEDs in sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You want to make something legal to use for all in sports which could be extremely dangerous for many atheletes.

Do you know that some PED's are extremely deadly for human body where as they could alter an athelete's body?

 

You want to create a culture where young kids would look into investing time and money in finding the right substance to enhance their potential of winning over their peer in a game. This will also affect their health at such a young age.

 

It is going to be a recipe to disaster.

 

There is no place for PEDs in sports. 

They are dangerous if they are not taken under the guidance of an expert and in controlled dosage. There is a proper way to take them. People die more of sugar than alcohol. Should sugar be banned?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

They are dangerous if they are not taken under the guidance of an expert and in controlled dosage. There is a proper way to take them. People die more of sugar than alcohol. Should sugar be banned?

If they are dangerous then why you want to make them legal. You know kids won't look for guidance. They will just fo hunting for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't believe any performance enhancer like steroid, Male hormones is good and causes multiple problems n premature death, also steroids enlarges the heart n rhythm ,changes your behavior, but on the flip side I don't think we see any clean athletes in Olympics anymore ,none, I've stopped following track n field, tennis n cricket n some extent soccer is still more a game of skill 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I don't believe any performance enhancer like steroid, Male hormones is good and causes multiple problems n premature death, also steroids enlarges the heart n rhythm ,changes your behavior, but on th

Exactly, and hence making them legal doesn't help as we are going to be having a generation where kids at young age will be going crazy for such things and will mess up their health. There is no one for guidance when you are literally hunting this stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Viper said:

How much weed you on mate before opening this post ? 

 

Its like saying steroids should be legal for bodybuilding contests

There was a heavy discussion going on in other thread so I merged all those posts here in a new thread since we were going way of track there. 

 

Op and few more werre passionate about the topic so here it is. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

So just saw this on tv and realized how people with PEDs would act and behave once they all start taking.

 

If you want to walk in the oark doing this, please take PEDs

Lively.gif

:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Viper said:

How much weed you on mate before opening this post ? 

 

Its like saying steroids should be legal for bodybuilding contests

yes, steroids already legal in body building. very top bodybuilder takes them. Look at Arnold who is 69 years old and has taken anabolic steroids all bodybuilding years. Same with other famous bodybuilders.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If they are dangerous then why you want to make them legal. You know kids won't look for guidance. They will just fo hunting for it.

 

because every drug you take is dangerous if taken out of proportion. Even water is dangerous and can do  hyperhydration.

Share this post


Link to post

ID: 33   Posted (edited)

There are too many disadvantages of Steriods. Please go through the side effects of long term steroid use some of which are osteoporosis (thinning of bones), high risk of liver disease & liver cancer, high cholesterol, high BP, some may become infertile to name a few. There is a reason Steroids are prescription drugs.

 

Also women should not be taking steriods as they are very bad for them making them develop masculine features and infertility in long run. If only men are to use steroids then the performance level between men  and women sports will even widen further which could lead to losing interest in women sports.

Edited by Forever Indian

Share this post


Link to post

How does that help the younger generation who won't have clue and any idea of how it will effect their health? 

 

Youth nature is such that they do not like to be guided, they do their own way. How will they take out of proportion?

 

There will be a culture developing among the kids to try different substances. 

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

because every drug you take is dangerous if taken out of proportion. Even water is dangerous and can do  hyperhydration.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

yes, steroids already legal in body building. very top bodybuilder takes them. Look at Arnold who is 69 years old and has taken anabolic steroids all bodybuilding years. Same with other famous bodybuilders.

Please read through what Arnold himself has to say about Steroid use:

 

Arnold Schwarzenegger tells Larry King that his use of steroids as a bodybuilding competitor was “stupid” and he “didn’t know any better” at the time on CNN’s “Larry King Live” (August 10, 2003):

I did, yes. But I mean, there was in a time in the late 60s It was stupid, because it was in the late 60s, early 70s when we didn’t know any better.

Anything when you want to be a champion, you use anything that comes around. If it is food supplements, if it is a tanning booth that is a new idea to get brown, or – the steroids came around at that time, so we tried that.

But then in the late 70s and in the early 80s, research was done and you found out that it’s actually damaging, that it causes side effects and it is bad for your health.

And now, of course, I’m traveling around the country telling all the high school kids, don’t take steroids. Don’t take any drugs, because I’m totally anti-drugs, because drugs are only for a temporary kind of a situation.

You get a temporary – you get strength maybe a little bit more, energy a little bit more, a high, or whatever is – but only temporary, not permanent.

What we have to work towards is permanent strength, permanent endurance, a permanent high. And that is – the only way you can do that, if you train hard, the harder you train the better you get. The more you work on your mind – the discipline, the dedication and those things – the better you will get and the longer it will last.

So, no drugs. No drugs.

 

 

You can see full details in this link: https://thinksteroids.com/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-transformation-from-steroid-user-to-anti-steroid-politician/

Share this post


Link to post

Arnold Schwarzenegger is against any new steroid laws because he believes the current steroid laws are “solid and sound” (“Schwarzenegger urges crackdown on steroid use,” March 6, 2005):

“It has nothing to do with that we don’t have enough laws, because we already have a very solid and sound law that says you’re not allowed to take illegal drugs.”

 

https://thinksteroids.com/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-transformation-from-steroid-user-to-anti-steroid-politician/

 

Share this post


Link to post

I will again say excessive use of anything is dangerous and harmful for body. Even steroids are not bad if taken in controlled guidance.

Share this post


Link to post

The first thing that we need to understand is that steroids are drugs. Even Tylenol and Aspirin can cause serious problems if you take them in large quantities. All drugs when misused and abused have the potential to kill; it’s not only steroids.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

The first thing that we need to understand is that steroids are drugs. Even Tylenol and Aspirin can cause serious problems if you take them in large quantities. All drugs when misused and abused have the potential to kill; it’s not only steroids.

Everyone knows that. We are clearly discussing here about performance enhancing drugs so don't know where you got  tylenol and disprin and planocough amd Dayquil/Nyquil from.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

So you want the Athletes to kill themselves to excel in the sport for your entertainment?

 

Baseball,NFL and even fake sport like WWE have suffered with 40 year olds dropping dead from steroid abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

The first thing that we need to understand is that steroids are drugs. Even Tylenol and Aspirin can cause serious problems if you take them in large quantities. All drugs when misused and abused have the potential to kill; it’s not only steroids.

How would you monitor the dosage and regulate?

 

Sure Pain Killers and Steroids are used as medical "treatment" because they help with the healing but they have addictive properties and are known to be fatal....so let us say an athlete especially in cricket where a long career is desirable,wants to sustain his performances over say a 15 year career...don't you think it will be a challenge to prevent him from getting addicted and avoiding the side-effects?

 

This theory is not possible for a lot of reasons apart from ethics etc.

 

Now let us say a player takes a shortcut in one odd game what is the guarantee that it won't set a wrong precedent for others to start abusing it?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, maniac said:

So you want the Athletes to kill themselves to excel in the sport for your entertainment?

 

Baseball,NFL and even fake sport like WWE have suffered with 40 year olds dropping dead from steroid abuse.

I think i know why some peole think the way the think about PEDs be made legal. The problem is with some people and sportsmen who go to gym a lot and go so overboard that they start thinking about getting results soon and that they feel the urge to improve their performance and instead of doing the extra mile of hard-work they rely on these ways.

You can see the history of sportsmen, most have been crazy fitness freaks.

 

People need curb their enthusiasm about this whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post

Sport is a competition of human skills, endurance and ability. Not a race between the scientists of various nations to develop the most potent drug. 

Share this post


Link to post

Absolutely not. What about the side effects? If not consumed in a regulated manner they could cause serious health damage. 

Share this post


Link to post

lol at legalizing steroids in sports.  forget about performance enhancing, many would be hooked on it which would be detrimental for their health as well.  Plus, there would be no limit  to drug abuse. 

 

And sports is supposed to be a role model for kids and the need for proper diet, exercise, and heath. 

Share this post


Link to post

ppl think that health risks are only from steroids ,in any physical sports you can have health risks ,if you are a pace bowler or fielder or say a wrestler or gymnast or boxer or mma,in hockey, football nfl rugby etc.maybe you will ban motor sports as well,

 

if you are  kid in india and you get injured and need surgery and you dont have enough money you may end up having it at some govt hospital ...

 

professional sports is not just some time pass it is a fulltime job, you have to understand it as well as any technical job,kid should be made to understand the difference between hobbies and professional athletes, as they say done by trained professionals ....

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

 

professional sports is not just some time pass it is a fulltime job, you have to understand it as well as any technical job,kid should be made to understand the difference between hobbies and professional athletes, as they say done by trained professionals ....

And if you want to be called a "professional" then you have to earn it the right way and not go to a degree where you are wanting sterioids to do things crazier than other people. These are cheap tactics.

 

What is the difference between human and  robots then? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0