Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rkt.india

Should Performance Enhancing Drugs be made legal to use in sports?

PED in sports?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Performance Enhancing Drugs be made legal in Cricket and in other sports?

• No, there is no place for PEDs in sports
    • Yes, make it legal

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
86 posts in this topic

Good god. Imagine how many poor uneducated people will be pumping their kids with steroids if they ever become legal. Not to mention the amount of unsafe scams as well. Terrible idea.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

And if you want to be called a "professional" then you have to earn it the right way and not go to a degree where you are wanting sterioids to do things crazier than other people. These are cheap tactics.

What is the difference between human and  robots then? 

cheap?will you ban inside edges for 4 or poor shots that get wicktes

Just now, MultiB48 said:

cheap?will you ban inside edges for 4 or poor shots that get wicktes

What has that got to do with drugs? That is part of the game, just like bowler getting a wicket under his name and not a fielder, even though fielder would have taken a great catch. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

What has that got to do with drugs? That is part of the game, just like bowler getting a wicket under his name and not a fielder, even though fielder would have taken a great catch. 

that was your line of argument that it doesnt add to  the skill of the player.

1 minute ago, MultiB48 said:

that was your line of argument that it doesnt add to  the skill of the player.

But you are not getting it. Using PEDs allows players to take extra advantage in the game and behave like robots.

Humans are not robots. If you really want humans to play games like robots, then we all should stop playing sports and only leave it to robots. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

But you are not getting it. Using PEDs allows players to take extra advantage in the game and behave like robots.

Humans are not robots. If you really want humans to play games like robots, then we all should stop playing sports and only leave it to robots. 

all humans arent same so they cant play ,maybe one day everyone can play it wouldn't that be better

17 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

all humans arent same so they cant play ,maybe one day everyone can play it wouldn't that be better

Someone taking steroids as a recovery process from surgery etc. is way different from a healthy person taking steroids to enhance is performance? no one wants steroids to be banned as a medical supplement.

23 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

If person can play he shouldn't need PED to perform better. PED stands for performance Enhancing. Enhancing the performance is what is wrong here and not that every one can play sports etc. 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Someone taking steroids as a recovery process from surgery etc. is way different from a healthy person taking steroids to enhance is performance? no one wants steroids to be banned as a medical supplement.

would you not love to play professionally if it were possible?

If person can play he shouldn't need PED to perform better. PED stands for performance Enhancing. Enhancing the performance is what is wrong here and not that every one can play sports etc. 

why not ?would you take pet ...... performance enhancing training?or just be a complete natural like rp singh 

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

No, I think I will feel that I am cheating the opponent and cheating the game if I do that. 

Tendulkar earned it by doing the hardwork and making debut at a youg age and playing for such a long time. If someone else does it using PED's, that is bullshyt and absolute cheating. 

6 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

why not ?would you take pet ...... performance enhancing training?or just be a complete natural like rp singh 

I don't think just taking steroids would make me a  better batsman than Kohli..leave alone Kohli but even an U-19 batsman from Zimbabwe......but if I and Kohli were at similar skill level than definitely that would give me an unfair advantage

No, I think I will feel that I am cheating the opponent and cheating the game if I do that. 

Tendulkar earned it by doing the hardwork and making debut at a youg age and playing for such a long time. If someone else does it using PED's, that is bullshyt and absolute cheating. 

tendulkar is not the only one who has ever trained and strived ,life is not fair it doesnt give you an equal hand ,i can see a better future for avg ppl like us unlike now

ID: 66   Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

tendulkar is not the only one who has ever trained and strived ,life is not fair it doesnt give you an equal hand ,i can see a better future for avg ppl like us unlike now

You seriously believe you can out run Bolt or out swim Phelps on steroids?

Edited by maniac

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

yes, steroids already legal in body building. very top bodybuilder takes them. Look at Arnold who is 69 years old and has taken anabolic steroids all bodybuilding years. Same with other famous bodybuilders.

It is not legal in body building .Who gave you that information. Lance did not take steroids he was blood doping , those things if made legal will get lot of kids killed.

Lance or any famous athlete will have lot of money and  a team of experts on how these drugs need to be administered. These will kill you if you do not know what you are doing  and they still might kill even if you do everything right.Just because Arnold or any other famous person did successfully they do not become less dangerous.

Just now, maniac said:

I don't think just taking steroids would make me a  better batsman than Kohli..leave alone Kohli but even an U-19 batsman from Zimbabwe......but if I and Kohli were at similar skill level than definitely that would give me an unfair advantage

steroids is just a tiny step ......it's not about steroids but improving over what you have ,if simon jones had got that injury in 1850 instead of 2002 would he have ever played again ? life also deals you such accidents in the way you are built ,maybe they can be fixed in the future..

ID: 69   Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

How can it be fair? Only rich kids will be able to afford regular steroid costs, physician fees, etc. at root level. So it will mean going back to the past where only rich and big city kids could play cricket. Cricket is a game of skills and not about who is able to build more muscles.

Edited by Forever Indian

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

steroids is just a tiny step ......it's not about steroids but improving over what you have ,if simon jones had got that injury in 1850 instead of 2002 would he have ever played again ? life also deals you such accidents in the way you are built ,maybe they can be fixed in the future..

I am not understanding what your argument is...As I have said Steroids,Pain Killers etc etc are absolutely fine if they are part of the rehabilitation process or if they are used to nurse you back to health.

The problem is a totally healthy person taking them to gain an unfair advantage.Not only that is unethical,it is not healthy for the individual in the first place.

if Armstrong would have taken the drugs when he was battling cancer no one would care,but when he was taking PED's when he was perfectly normal and competing,he was rightfully banned for it.

Iol it is funny same people who get mad at pitches in Ranji which are getting too bowler friendy and making Vinay Kumar and trundlers look like legend are now wanting PEDs for sportsmen so they can compete with other bowlers.

What a great logic. So that means you want more crazy bowler friendly pitches whoch will make Binny look like Starc. Shabash, great attitude. 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am not understanding what your argument is...As I have said Steroids,Pain Killers etc etc are absolutely fine if they are part of the rehabilitation process or if they are used to nurse you back to health.

The problem is a totally healthy person taking them to gain an unfair advantage.Not only that is unethical,it is not healthy for the individual in the first place.

if Armstrong would have taken the drugs when he was battling cancer no one would care,but when he was taking PED's when he was perfectly normal and competing,he was rightfully banned for it.

unfair because it is illegal so everyone cant use it ,only the risk takers or "cheats" will,if it weren't illegal then anyone can use it then there should be no problems.

9 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

How can it be fair? Only rich kids will be able to afford regular steroid costs, physician fees, etc. at root level. So it will mean going back to the past where only rich and big city kids could play cricket. Cricket is a game of skills and not about who is able to build more muscles.

thats a problem ,but sports is costly from food, medicine, checkups,surgeries rehab , top coaches etc ,its not really for poor societies 

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Iol it is funny same people who get mad at pitches in Ranji which are getting too bowler friendy and making Vinay Kumar and trundlers look like legend are now wanting PEDs for sportsmen so they can compete with other bowlers.

What a great logic. So that means you want more crazy bowler friendly pitches whoch will make Binny look like Starc. Shabash, great attitude. 

it all depends on preferences ,i love 150k bowlers, there are many who dont care they may well have a partimer get all the wickets,same goes with this argument we are having

6 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

it all depends on preferences ,i love 150k bowlers, there are many who dont care they may well have a partimer get all the wickets,same goes with this argument we are having

I love 150k bowlers too, but I don't like robots bowling at 150k.

This is true. If one comes on PEDs to bowl 150k, then he is nothing less than a Robot.

Now if you like Robots bowling, then we can replace the bowlers with the bowling machines and provide 160k speed every ball and you can enjoy that. 

7 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

thats a problem ,but sports is costly from food, medicine, checkups,surgeries rehab , top coaches etc ,its not really for poor societies 

It should be a case of who has more talent than who has more money to get the best quality steroids and physicians. It is only now that small town boys like Umesh Yadav, Shami, etc are able to come up just because of talent. So you want that to end and have just rich kids play cricket?

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I love 150k bowlers too, but I don't like robots bowling at 150k.

This is true. If one comes on PEDs to bowl 150k, then he is nothing less than a Robot.

Now if you like Robots bowling, then we can replace the bowlers rs with the bowling machines and provide 160k speed every ball and you can enjoy that. 

oneday we will be robots,steroids are just the initial step

Just now, MultiB48 said:

oneday we will be robots,steroids are just the initial step

Looks like you have run out of reasons to defend.

There is no way to defend this. It is pathetic to allow a player to use PEDs to perform at the same level as his opponent.

Also knowing that these PEDs could actually kill them. Some kids would actually die before they reach even the level to perform at pro stage.

Insane thought. 

6 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

It should be a case of who has more talent than who has more money to get the best quality steroids and physicians. It is only now that small town boys like Umesh Yadav, Shami, etc are able to come up just because of talent. So you want that to end and have just rich kids play cricket?

i agree it will be unfair on the talented but underprivileged ones but  the good new is steroids wont make you into a great athlete so there is still time to even out the social differences till technology is available ,after that hopefully it would just be about what you want to do rather than what you are capable of

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Looks like you have run out of reasons to defend.

There is no way to defend this. It is pathetic to allow a player to use PEDs to perform at the same level as his opponent.

Also knowing that these PEDs could actually kill them. Some kids would actually die before they reach even the level to perform at pro stage.

Insane thought. 

health risks are the main concern, hopefully there will be better solutions in the future

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

health risks are the main concern, hopefully there will be better solutions in the future

Along with the concerns about how the world would be a pathetic place without a fair competiton and everyone behaving like Zombies. 

Also Kids will grow up in such an environment that one day they will be thinking that they can kill someone for no reason. This will be the mentality and effects of PEDs on the society.

All kids will become Zombies.

Young bright kids who are hard working would naturally lose interest in living on this planet with artificial folkls who would be nothing but Robots. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Along with the concerns about how the world would be a pathetic place without a fair competiton and everyone behaving like Zombies. 

Also Kids will grow up in such an environment that one day they will be thinking that they can kill someone for no reason. This will be the mentality and effects of PEDs on the society.

All kids will become Zombies.

Young bright kids who are hard working would naturally lose interest in living on this planet with artificial folkls who would be nothing but Robots. 

thankfully we wont be around so lets enjoy 

The idea that this topic is even debatable is dangerous. What kind of information it will be giving to a young sports person who is a member of this forum. I suggest to delete this thread.

4 minutes ago, renjith said:

The idea that this topic is even debatable is dangerous. What kind of information it will be giving to a young sports person who is a member of this forum. I suggest to delete this thread.

As much as you are right and I agree, it is internet and free world for people to express their views. There are lot worse things which get written on forums which can be equally bad for Teens who hit forums.

Tragically, though, the effort which lay behind his comeback was also his undoing. Following the loss to New South Wales in the competition's deciding match, Spencer tested positive to the banned substance nandrolone - a substance he had used in an attempt to relieve his chronic pain. At the end of a much-publicised case in April 2001, he was banned from elite level cricket for a period of 18 months and thus inherited the unfortunate legacy of being the first player in Australian cricket to be found guilty of a drug-taking offence.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/20303.html

Steroid use can easily prolong career of many athletes who have been plagued with injuries.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:51 AM, rkt.india said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/20303.html

Steroid use can easily prolong career of many athletes who have been plagued with injuries.

Was reading this over the weekend about Nandrolone. There are more side effects than anything. The player might not even last long enough to play at his youth age if he starts consuming nandrolone  at pre-teen agr with the amount of side effects it has.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-9977/nandrolone-decanoate-intramuscular/details/list-sideeffects