Was it the right idea to restart cricket with this test series?

Firstly the series is in England which is one of the worst affected countries in the world.

On top of that when you are unsure of how it will go in the current environment, you start of with the longest format of the game. Wouldn’t it have been common sense to start off with T20 and then work your way up to get more hours of sports in?

Add to that apart from cricket starved or sports starved fans that will lap up anything at the moment, how is it logical to start with a Strong side vs a weak side series. I am sure WI can be competitive in the series If they get it right but if this goes the way one would expect than that would suck as a viewer.

Also on top of that add this crappy weather.

I mean wasn’t this a good chance to tap into the casual sports and cricket fan with some good exciting and competitive cricket? I am sure a LOI series/game would have brought in more revenue as well.

ICC comes out as really stupid with its planning.

Edited by maniac

Covid-19 cases in England has reduced significantly. Premium sports here like Premier league, racing, snooker etc. already started behind closed doors. Even pubs and gyms have opened from last weekend. Cricket being a non contact sport where most players maintain social distance on the ground by default...is a much safer bet. So I think its a good idea to start cricket back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Covid-19 cases in England has reduced significantly. Premium sports here like Premier league, racing, snooker etc. already started behind closed doors. Even pubs and gyms have opened from last weekend. Cricket being a non contact sport where most players maintain social distance on the ground by default...is a much safer bet. So I think its a good idea to start cricket back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Starting cricket is fine but why with Test format is the question. T20 or ODI would have been entertaining and competitive. 

yup it was a right call

• T20 is box office cricket, it isnt fun without crowds
  • No cricket for months created the hunger among public for cricket and thats the time u give them test cricket as they will value it now . Scarcity will lead to desire , nyways since many are still in lockdown they have time to watch cricket all day long. 
54 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yup it was a right call

• T20 is box office cricket, it isnt fun without crowds
  • No cricket for months created the hunger among public for cricket and thats the time u give them test cricket as they will value it now . Scarcity will lead to desire , nyways since many are still in lockdown they have time to watch cricket all day long. 

Forget Fun. Wouldn’t it make sense to test out the waters under present pandemic with a shorter format?

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Forget Fun. Wouldn’t it make sense to test out the waters under present pandemic with a shorter format?

How does that make a diff if its a 3 hours or 9 hour 

Audience aint coming anyway

Commentators n players once they are in there and following the norms doesnt make a diff.