Bold Prediction: This Australian Team is going to become an ATG team

Gollum

Just put some swing in the air and watch them crumble.

Warner - hit or miss

Renshaw - slip customer

Smith - very good, but big time pressure to deliver

Handscomb - amazing technique agaist spin, not too sure about pace

Khawaja/Marsh - average player

Marsh/Maxwell - hopeless

Wade - LOL

Anderson/Woakes will massacre them in England.

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

Congrats to Aussie fans for their team's excellent show this series. :clap2:

I believe we are witnessing the rise of the next dynasty of Aussie greats here much like how Australia rose against West Indies in 1995. They may win/draw/lose in the 4th test, doesn't matter. I think this team is destined for greatness. I have high hopes for this Indian team under Kohli also, so potentially this is going to be a rollicking rivalry the next 5-10 years or so. But I believe Aussies have an even higher ceiling than this Indian team. After the RSA debacle last year they have got their heads together and a mass culling of their weak players has transformed their team (Indian selectors take note).

Take a look at some of their strengths:

Renshaw, can't believe this is a 20 year old kid we are talking about. Future Cook, he will make it big.

Warner, a bit like Sehwag but he is worth his value in gold in Australia and RSA. He may only have 2-3 innings of note outside these 2 countries in his whole career but the way he sets up matches for them at home...as I said modern day Viru.

Smith, no 1 batsman today and may possibly end up as the greatest batsman post Sachin Tendulkar. He is flawless, looks invincible. Hate him and his style but boy wouldn't we die to have someone like him in our side. Averages 62 in tests, highest scores in QF/SF/F in a World Cup. :adore: Mentally tough, ruthless and someone who will go to any extent to win, even breaking DRS rules whilst consulting with the dressing room before a review :phehe:

Handscomb is another one to look out for the future.

Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Pattinson, Bird......... :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore: What a line up !!! Breathtaking. Never since Lloyd's West Indies has any country had the luxury of such a battery of quicks. This is what makes me believe that we are watching something special. A 3 or 4 pronged attack that can take 20 wickets on any deck across the globe. Lyon is a decent backup and with their ninja fielding the bowling will be even more effective. 

The biggest clincher for me is their general nastiness, willingness to break rules, sledge, appeal for anything and everything to distract batsmen and put pressure.... This was a feature of the ATG Aussie unit and it seems they have regained that mongrel now. Don't forget the grit, hardly ever seen an Aussie team willing to curb their natural instincts to secure a draw like they did today. Of course India is not at 100% because of Kohli and Ash's form but take nothing away from the convicts. They have prepared well, fought their guts out and pushed us all the way which has happened 3-4 times in the last 15 years at home. 

I believe their batting has to further improve and need a better back up spinner but that pace battery OMFG. :fear1:

Even their A team has thrown up lots of promising players, so there will be a lot of competition, especially for their batsmen which is always good. Aussie posters can help me out w.r.t their potential prospects.

Mark my words, Australia will win in UAE, England and Lanka next time to complement their dominance in WI, NZ and RSA. And they might even win next test. :fear1: In Australia they will be unstoppable once again. I don't see us winning there anytime soon unlike in say quota wallah RSA, where we will most probably break the jinx this year. 

Add to that their ODI WC winning team, again number 1 when it matters(RSA :hysterical:) and in modern day pattas fearsome. 

I believe India vs Australia the next 5-10 years will be fun across all 3 formats. Both will interchange the top 2 spots with us lagging behind them on most occasions. 

I agree with some of that. Our up an coming batsmen are an issue as to whether or not this bold prediction is true at all. We have so many up and coming fast bowlers its not funny. Losing any or even all of those 4 can technically be replaced with other very talented up and coming pace options.

Wade wont be there for much longer and i believe probably whiteman will replace him.

Khawaja and s.marsh wont last much longer and there is a bit of a question mark on those places as to who will fill them.

Our next gen of spinners is also questionable, but is something we have a little more time to fill the void.

We will definitely be competitive in the near to distant future. But dominant is drawing a long bow. Has alot to do with replacements of some quite obvious holes.

The resolve seems to be there however, so that is a good sign

Very realistic actually..but its dependent on how the fast bowling talent stay injury free.

if pattinson and cummins can establish themselves and stay injury free, its going to happen.

but we have seen fast bowlers burning out before- bruce reid, ngam,bond and simon jones

Not sure about SA young pace talent but their batting is usually a notch or two below australia's  ..their future increasingly depends on the 

black majority taking up cricket

Bowling attack is good. I am really looking forward to the Ashes on how they fare. Lyon is a very solid bowler and they have some good pacers. Hazlewood is really consistent. Starc and Cummins are dangerous. 

Batting is not that solid actually. On pitches that do something except Smith rest of the batting order is not consistent (England may have better batting). Warner has been exposed but back in Australia he will go back to scoring his 100s. Renshaw has definite weakness outside offstump. Handscomb also is not very solid outside offstump. They need to get Paine in for Wade who is neither a very good keeper nor a solid batsman. 

but most teams are not very solid technically anyways so maybe with some aggressive batting from Warner and Smith they can put it across England especially at home

4 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Fuçked up OP that. 

I don't think we are going to get a hard fought 1-2 defeat in Australia in 2018. It will be a 0-3 or 0-4 massacre. We can win in RSA/NZ/Eng but not in Australia. 

Just now, Gollum said:

I don't think we are going to get a hard fought 1-2 defeat in Australia in 2018. It will be a 0-3 or 0-4 massacre. We can win in RSA/NZ/Eng but not in Australia. 

And you base that on what exactly? We almost won the adielade test(I know your opinion about that match) last time and lost 2-0 which could've easily been 1-1, you are acting like an aussie fanboy and completely overrating the australia, we won't lose 3-0 or 4-0, mark this post

We won the series 2-1 without much contribution from kohli, ashwin (although he take 6 wickets in bangalore), vijay, rahane, shami. This Indian team was fatigued after a long home season but we still managed to beat australia after being 1-0 down, australia are lucky that they were the last team to tour India in our home season, if they had toured us earlier then 4-0 was pretty much guaranteed 

14 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Bowling attack is good. I am really looking forward to the Ashes on how they fare. Lyon is a very solid bowler and they have some good pacers. Hazlewood is really consistent. Starc and Cummins are dangerous. 

Batting is not that solid actually. On pitches that do something except Smith rest of the batting order is not consistent (England may have better batting). Warner has been exposed but back in Australia he will go back to scoring his 100s. Renshaw has definite weakness outside offstump. Handscomb also is not very solid outside offstump. They need to get Paine in for Wade who is neither a very good keeper nor a solid batsman. 

but most teams are not very solid technically anyways so maybe with some aggressive batting from Warner and Smith they can put it across England especially at home

This is why I thought they wont put up much of a fight in India. Their bowling looks great but their batting looks weak on paper. Renshaw, Hanscomb look like decent prospects and played a couple of decent innings but didnt do much damage. Never thought much of Warner and Marsh outside their home. I underestimated how well Smith could play in Indian conditions. If it was not for him, Australia would have lost comfortably. But it was overall a great effort from them to stretch the Indian side as much as they did. Also India being at the end of a long home season has worked in their advantage.

7 minutes ago, kira said:

And you base that on what exactly? We almost won the adielade test(I know your opinion about that match) last time and lost 2-0 which could've easily been 1-1, you are acting like an aussie fanboy and completely overrating the australia, we won't lose 3-0 or 4-0, mark this post

More than the Adelaide test, we had a big chance in Brisbane but Mitchell Johnson played a great cameo knock and turned the game around. We should have won that game IMO. The whole test series was very competitive and was lot closer than 2-0 scoreline.

Edited by kubrickian
5 minutes ago, kira said:

We didn't pick 20 wickets in a single match !!! On Aussie pattas you need taller versions of Umesh and Shami to do the damage, becuse Bhuvi is toothless there and Ishant is forever unlucky. Our spinners are useless there. But Aussie quicks+Lyon can take 20 wickets in their conditions. 

Plus Warner, Khwaja,Renshaw, Handscombe will be dangerous there. Smith...we have no clue how to dismiss him. 

Things look bleak for us in Australia. 

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

This is why I thought they wont put up much of a fight in India. Their bowling looks great but their batting looks weak on paper. Renshaw, Hanscomb look like decent prospects and played a couple of decent innings but didnt do much damage. Never thought much of Warner and Marsh outside their home. I underestimated how well Smith could play in Indian conditions. If it was not for him, Australia would have lost comfortably. But it was overall a great effort from them to stretch the Indian side as much as they did. Also India being at the end of a long home season has worked in their advantage.

Yes we did get tired as a squad. The Pune loss was a blip for a batting - it was not so bad to get rolled out for 100 odd in both innings. O' Keefe never looked that good after that- Aussies would secretly be wondering if they needed a pacer in his place in the last match. Remember even the Bangladesh test went to whole  5 days and we had to work hard to win. Many people were injured. 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

We didn't pick 20 wickets in a single match !!! On Aussie pattas you need taller versions of Umesh and Shami to do the damage, becuse Bhuvi is toothless there and Ishant is forever unlucky. Our spinners are useless there. But Aussie quicks+Lyon can take 20 wickets in their conditions. 

Plus Warner, Khwaja,Renshaw, Handscombe will be dangerous there. Smith...we have no clue how to dismiss him. 

Things look bleak for us in Australia. 

Philander has done well in Australia and he is not very tall. Being tall helps but you need bowlers who can hit the deck hard to get some extra bounce and seam movement and need to bowl at a good pace and in the right areas consistently which Umesh and Shami are capable of. Ishant has improved in recent years and also him being more experienced now, he could do well there. Or we could find more options from FC before we tour Australia. We cant write off our chances there.

Indian side will be more experienced than when we last toured there. So that will also work in our favor.