ICC president Shashank Manohar to remain in post following Board resolution

13 hours ago, Kriterion said:

difficult to make sweeping generalizations. BD people are probably just as contemptable as their Indian and Pakistani cousins. but its certainly true that Indians and Pakistanis are as different as my right and left thumbs. 

You cannot generalize I agree. I did talk to a bdeshi and he gave me a reason why bengalis are little bit more mild mannered than punjabis but that may be a starnge characterization.

16 hours ago, Vilander said:

Shashank and Ravi two eminent people from Mumbai.

Shashank is from Nagpur not Mumbai. He is related to Vidarbha Cricket Association and not MCA. 

Why did Ravi Shastri, a Mumbai lobbyist prefers Bharat Arun( born in Andhra played for Tamil Nadu) over Zaheer Khan (played for Mumbai and has close ties) ? :giggle:

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Shashank is from Nagpur not Mumbai. He is related to Vidarbha Cricket Association and not MCA. 

Why did Ravi Shastri, a Mumbai lobbyist prefers Bharat Arun( born in Andhra played for Tamil Nadu) over Zaheer Khan (played for Mumbai and has close ties) ? :giggle:

I just said they are from Mumbai why are you on defensive :phehe:  and any one from anywhere can go to Mumbai it's in India. Shastri probably is not Maratha someone said he is Kannadiga..can be what's your point. Lol

There were forces trying to derail IPL: Vikram Limaye

BCCI did lose money...

From a finance perspective, the amount was way too skewed in India's favour. We detailed out these aspects in our letter to the ICC in February. All that BCCI is set to lose now is US$160m relative to the earlier number that was agreed. From that earlier number, you haven't even got one dollar, so you can benchmark against that model. Earlier to that, everybody had an equitable share. In this present model, even if BCCI is losing Rs 120 to 130 crore a year, they can earn it through three or four bilateral games because media rights gets them almost Rs 43 crore per match. BCCI can easily make up for that.

But BCCI commands that money from the broadcaster because of the power it commands on the global stage...

I am not disagreeing. The entire world appreciates and understands BCCI brings in un-proportionate weight but is it worth jeopardising relationship with the entire world? Is it a battle worth fighting?

What was ICC's logic in offering US $290m?

That I don't know. These were all hypothetical numbers. But let me say this, all that was a negotiation. Point is you didn't end up at 290. You ended up at 405. I don't know why Shashank Manohar started at 290. You will have to ask him. But there's no math behind 405 either.

Did CoA face difficulties in conducting IPL?

There were various forces at work trying to derail the IPL. That is factually correct. I have heard it from potential bidders too who were approached and asked not to bid. It was important to make sure a property like IPL doesn't suffer, all credit to those who are in charge of the league who made it happen.

Limaye is still trying to hide CoA failures because of morals and ethics. Why cant he accept that BCCI is responsible for cricket in India only.

However looks like he understood there are forces who want power and money away from BCCI.

Complete interview

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/95866/there-were-forces-trying-to-derail-ipl-cricket-vikram-limaye

Edited by mishra
On 17/07/2017 at 0:37 AM, Vilander said:

Zak is from Gujrat baroda based on your logic right...

Lol. What logic? Did not imply any logic. Straightaway said Zak played for Mumbai. Zak initially played for Baroda but then shifted. He has strong ties with Mumbai.

On the other hand look at your post below:

On 16/07/2017 at 6:06 AM, Vilander said:

Shashank and Ravi two eminent people from Mumbai.

And your ridiculous come back when corrected about Shashank Manohar not from Mumbai : 

On 17/07/2017 at 0:35 AM, Vilander said:

I just said they are from Mumbai why are you on defensive :phehe:  and any one from anywhere can go to Mumbai it's in India. Shastri probably is not Maratha someone said he is Kannadiga..can be what's your point. Lol

I get it bro.You are ignorant and just like to hate. What is Maratha? You don't even know Maratha is just a caste. Maratha not same as Marathi. Why would you hate a random clan of Marathas in particular unless you are Rajput. You probably meant Marathi but don't know the difference. :hysterical:

Finally peace. You can keep hating. Won't bother you anymore. Freedom of hating.Peace. :two_thumbs_up:

N.B:  Once thought you were a good poster. :facepalm:

Edited by Pollack
3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Lol. What logic? Did not imply any logic. Straightaway said Zak played for Mumbai. Zak initially played for Baroda but then shifted. He has strong ties with Mumbai.

On the other hand look at your post below:

And your ridiculous come back when corrected about Shashank Manohar not from Mumbai : 

I get it bro.You are ignorant and just like to hate. What is Maratha? You don't even know Maratha is just a caste. Maratha not same as Marathi. Why would you hate a random clan of Marathas in particular unless you are Rajput. You probably meant Marathi but don't know the difference. :hysterical:

Finally peace. You can keep hating. Won't bother you anymore. Freedom of hating.Peace. :two_thumbs_up:

N.B:  Once thought you were a good poster. :facepalm:

Hey man I don't give an f, I always thought you were a crappy poster lol :phehe:

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

Hey man I don't give an f, I always thought you were a crappy poster lol :phehe:

How would I live now? :Cry:

Once you also said you don't like me much. Who says like that? :heartbreak::phehe:

Don't. Please like me. :hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by Pollack