Shardul Thakur is a class bowler !!!

velu

1 hour ago, Texan said:

He should be playing Test cricket, has a pretty mean bouncer. I think longest form of the game is his biggest forte.

In Ranji trophy, he has shown that he lacks stamina to bowl with intensity for a longer period of time. Bowling 20-25 overs a day is quite different to bowl 4 overs in a t20. 

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Because it's easy to bowl quick 4 overs in t20s in two spells. He has lacked stamina to bowl long spells with intensity for test cricket.

I doubt it.

Quite a few FC matches in which Shardul Thakur has played  have been telecasted. His speeds have been very similar in the first sessions and last sessions.   He has bowled with a lot of effort and intensity even in the last over of the day.

Also, his FC speeds have also been very similar to his T20 speeds in SMA trophy.

Shardul has not played tests because Kohli is averse to selecting youngsters without international experience and likes to go with tried and tested players, especially in test matches.  Even Aniket Chaudhary was not picked for a relatively easier test against Bangladesh. Kuldeep got to play when Kohli was injured.  Nair played because both Rahane and Rohit were injured.  Jayant played because Kohli was  disappointed with Mishra's commitment.  Gambhir was the first choice as replacement opener.  Parthiv was brought back as keeper when Saha was injured.

Even in ODIs, we saw the likes of Yuvraj coming back.

Edited by express bowling

8 hours ago, Sidhoni said:

Why did the selectors pick him then?

He did well in one season, picking 48 wickets. Then was picked to play for India A then Indian when we toured WI. There we already had Bk, shami, yadav, ishant. So it was unlikely he would get a game. In fact, it was me who first talked about Shardul in ICf back in 2013. He was quite fat then but was bowling 128-135 and would lose steam quickly. Though I knew if he gets fitter, he will bowl quicker. He is pretty good now but still has scope to get fitter.

Edited by laaloo

The issue with Shardul was always Stamina. For Mumbai in ranji he is used in bursts. But is also a very handy batter so it works out for him.

Feel in t20s he is bowling within himself. Can easily touch 145 for all the 4 overs. Usually pacers are given a 2 over spell and he can go all out in that. Will add steel to the Pune bowling line up as he looks to take wickets.

Max I think he can bowl 4 overs at a very good pace. Beyond that drops into the 120s. So can potentially be a viable ODI cricket option. But T20 is a format which can suit him the best.