Hats off to Delhi think tank!!!

Ultimate_Game

28 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Who replaced Nadeem then against KKR?? And who has been replaced by Jayant today?

No, you are correct. Shami did play last match and was hit around. I guess Shami did replace Nadeem that day and Jayant today. But why DD decided to replace Nadeem in the first place is something I can't comprehend :confused: I mean what exactly did they expect the poor guy to do? :dontknow: 

37 minutes ago, PBN said:

yeah Dravid was appointed as one of the mentors I think and probably the reason why Delhi had a few u19 players and upcoming talent drafted in the team considering he's the u19 coach. Last year, the staff was the old Rajasthan Royals combo of Paddy Upton / Dravid if I'm not mistaken

That explains it! Dravid is good for bringing in younger players but horrible at gameplanning, tactics, strategies and coming up with playing XI. He should leave the rest to somebody else.

37 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

No, you are correct. Shami did play last match and was hit around. I guess Shami did replace Nadeem that day and Jayant today. But why DD decided to replace Nadeem in the first place is something I can't comprehend :confused: I mean what exactly did they expect the poor guy to do? :dontknow: 

That's a mystery no one can solve. When you make a change, you do it with some purpose. Like KKR replaced out of form Boult to bring Coulter Nile who brought them 3 wkts along with being economical. SRH needed to strengthen their batting, so included KaneW, and got a match winning innings from him.

But why one would replace an in form spinner by an injury-returning fast bowler, when you already have 4 seamers in the playing XI, is beyond all reasonings. Then replace the fast bowler by an offie, perhaps influenced by the three left handed (Warner, Dhawan, Yuvi) in their top order. This DD thinktank thinks way too much..

Edited by DDfan2017

26 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Why no Ashwin or Jadeja? And why Rayudu? Suely KL Rahul is ahead and even Iyer or Dhawan should be ahead of him. I would even take Nitish Rana ahead of Rayudu.

Ashwin and Jadeja with ODI bowling averages of 32 and 35 @4.9 runs per over can never be our frontline spinners. Ashwin has got an extended run in ODIs without much to boast about. His sluggishness in the field doesn't help either. We have much better LOIs spinners in our country, and Ashwin should only be reserved for tests, like Lyon, Herath, Yasir Shah. Time to have separate sets of spinners in ODIs and tests, like Zampa and Tahir reserved only for LOIs. Only thing that might give Jadeja an edge is fielding. But then, his batting in LOIs is too dismal to justify him as an all rounder. I would prefer a pure spinner like Chahal, Mishra, Nadeem, Kuldeep ahead of Jadeja.

And Rayudu because he has done exceptionally well in whatever chances he has got in ODIs. One averaging 50 after 30 innings with 2 centuries and 6 50s can't be ignored or written off. I wont mind even getting Manoj Tiwari in.. he is in form and has the intense to do well..

1 hour ago, DDfan2017 said:

Rayudu deserves way more than Rahane or Yuvi. No need to have these two.

Rohit, Pant, Kohli, Manish, Rayudu, Kedar, Hardik, Bhuvi, Chahal/Axar, Shami, Bumrah- this should be the ideal XI if Rahul is unfit. If Rahul is fit, he may replace Rayudu and open the innings with Pant playing the role of finisher along with Jadhav. Failure of Jadhav can bring in Rayudu. 

But No Rahane, Yuvi, Dhoni, Ashwin and Jadeja in ODIs..

Someone tell this to others. People get offended here when I mentioned Mishra should play ahead of some spinners like Ashwin in LOI but they get all sensitive. In LOI he really isn't bad as they make him out to be and aimilarly Ashwin isn't great Ashwin isn't as great as he is made out to be.

22 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Someone tell this to others. People get offended here when I mentioned Mishra should play ahead of some spinners like Ashwin in LOI but they get all sensitive. In LOI he really isn't bad as they make him out to be and aimilarly Ashwin isn't great Ashwin isn't as great as he is made out to be.

I would actually prefer Nadeem ahead of Mishra in shorter formats. Very impressed with him and he has so much control and subtle variations :agree: 

8 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I would actually prefer Nadeem ahead of Mishra in shorter formats. Very impressed with him and he has so much control and subtle variations :agree: 

Too early, Nadeem has done well this season in Ranji and decent for Delhi so far. Need to do well till end of DD's season and then can be seen. Yes, he is surely a better spinner than the guy from Kashmir Parvez Rasool whom we keep selecting because he can bat a bit too. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Too early, Nadeem has done well this season in Ranji and decent for Delhi so far. Need to do well till end of DD's season and then can be seen. Yes, he is surely a better spinner than the guy from Kashmir Parvez Rasool whom we keep selecting because he can bat a bit too. 

The real reason we select Rasool guy is coz of quota. If he had been from any other state he would have struggled to get into India A team. That's why you don't even see him in IPL coz "quota" factor doesn't work in IPL and only results count.

As for Nadeem the guy has improved a lot over the last couple of years and is one of the best spinners around. Watch him bowl and you can see he's pretty good. Should be the next option after Ashwin and Jadeja.

If zahir is not brainless, he wont have got Cummins finish his quota within 13th over and keep himself and Mathews for death. While sending Mathews ahead of Morris was a big mistake, but not having Cummins for death overs is the biggest mistake which converted a 170-175 score into 190.

bowling out Cummins before the death overs is a blunder, but other then that he has been fine,but I don't think shuffling the batting order was his decision because Delhi have that master who probably thinks him self's as chankya, sending nair over pant in a chase of almost 200 is worst thing one can do which ended in them being 15 runs short.

7 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The real reason we select Rasool guy is coz of quota. If he had been from any other state he would have struggled to get into India A team. That's why you don't even see him in IPL coz "quota" factor doesn't work in IPL and only results count.

As for Nadeem the guy has improved a lot over the last couple of years and is one of the best spinners around. Watch him bowl and you can see he's pretty good. Should be the next option after Ashwin and Jadeja.

Not sure about quota as Rasool gets picked only for certain series but doesn't play every series or gets picked every time so not really sure what happens to the quota when he doesn't get picked. I feel some selector really rate him or at least used to and then some other selector would have to accept Rasool's selection so that his pick is not denied by the selector who had actually backed Rasool. This is how some players probabaly get picked as selectors from each region try to make each other happy.

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Not sure about quota as Rasool gets picked only for certain series but doesn't play every series or gets picked every time so not really sure what happens to the quota when he doesn't get picked. I feel some selector really rate him or at least used to and then some other selector would have to accept Rasool's selection so that his pick is not denied by the selector who had actually backed Rasool. This is how some players probabaly get picked as selectors from each region try to make each other happy.

If he hadn't been a quota pick he would've at least gotten a few games in IPL. I mean a spinner who can bat would have lot of teams running after him and yet he can't even get a game where likes of Dinda, Binny, Bhatia etc. are regulars for their team! He's a quota pick and is picked whenever we tour after the IPL with some of the players rested. He doesn't deserve to be selected but is selected coz he's from Kashmir.

8 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If he hadn't been a quota pick he would've at least gotten a few games in IPL. I mean a spinner who can bat would have lot of teams running after him and yet he can't even get a game where likes of Dinda, Binny, Bhatia etc. are regulars for their team! He's a quota pick and is picked whenever we tour after the IPL with some of the players rested. He doesn't deserve to be selected but is selected coz he's from Kashmir.

That is why i am asking you why he doesn't get picked every series since you keep saying it is quota pick? Why only some series? He was picked recently and that series wasn't even after IPL.

I think some selector just likes him a lot and hence he keeps picking Rasool instead of others who deserve more. 

That is why i am asking you why he doesn't get picked every series since you keep saying it is quota pick? Why only some series? He was picked recently and that series wasn't even after IPL.

I think some selector just likes him a lot and hence he keeps picking Rasool instead of others who deserve more. 

I think he was selected initially but after playing some series he made some political comments regarding Kashmir... And you know Kohli, he's very nationalistic and won't take such BS.... must've put his foot down and got rid of him... or maybe BCCI itself got rid of him..,

8 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The thing is Delhi squad is so much better and yet we see the same story play out every match.

Delhi this year is Rajasthan Royals from 2014... pretty good team but with dravid at the helm :phehe: 

How is Delhi squad better? In your dreams? DD don't have a single established international t20 batsman. 20-22 year old youngsters will never be consistent or good enough to win you matches consistently in this format.

8 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The fact Delhi dropped their best bowler in Nadeem and replaced Anderson with Mathews is more than enough to blame Delhi. And we aren't even talking about Pant and Nair yet :facepalm: 

Anderson wasn't fit. People are seriously overrating DD squad. They have a very ordinary team. They don't have a single established bankable batsman. They have 1-2 good pacers in Morris and Cummins. Very average spinners.

Till now Zak has bowled much better than he did last year.

Between Dravid and Zak, one thinks too much and the other too little.

As a skipper it is Zak's job to make sure the right bowlers are bowling the right over and the right bowlers are playing the match.

Get Nadeem back . Send your best batsmen up the order and send Morris for the heavy stuff at the right time.

Jayant seems out of place.

Edited by beetle

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, I don't understand people's obsession with Ashwin and Jadeja. They are very average LOI spinners. Mishra in fact is a brilliant LOI bowler. Evident by Mishra's average, economy and strike rate. Ashwin has already had a long run in ODIs, more than he deserved. But don't wanna see him in ODIs anymore. He has blocked the place of better LOI spinners for many years. Ashwin to India is like Yasir Shah to Pakistan, Lyon to Australia, Herath to Srilanka. Fit only for test cricket.

5 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

Only thing that might give Jadeja an edge is fielding. But then, his batting in LOIs is too dismal to justify him as an all rounder. I would prefer a pure spinner like Chahal, Mishra, Nadeem, Kuldeep ahead of Jadeja.

And Rayudu because he has done exceptionally well in whatever chances he has got in ODIs. One averaging 50 after 30 innings with 2 centuries and 6 50s can't be ignored or written off. I wont mind even getting Manoj Tiwari in.. he is in form and has the intense to do well..

Jadeja averages 30+ in ODIs .Which is actually pretty good for an all rounder and definitely excellent for a no.8

And Rayadu with his awful strike rate has no place in the indian team.This is the 80s.

Also he averages 50+ be he played a lot against Zimbabwe.Exclude that his average is in mid 30s with a ridiculous SR in mid 70s.Joke stats for a top order batsman.