Wont allow Bahubali 2 release in Karnataka  even if army is brought in: Pro Kannada groups

BeautifulGame

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Yes you did hit a nerve because I don't like thick headed racist morons and they do get on my nerves

So commenting against south movies is commenting against South Indian and I am racist. :nice: Keep on assuming things.  

Just now, Pollack said:

So commenting against south movies is commenting against South Indian and I am racist. :nice: Keep on assuming things.  

You brought random biases to a topic that had nothing to do with it...it is like if I go on a thread about a Cameroon vs Ghana soccer match and said something like all black guys are thugs lol

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

You brought random biases to a topic that had nothing to do with it...it is like if I go on a thread about a Cameroon vs Ghana soccer match and said something like all black guys are thugs lol

Sure the below post wasn't posted before mine. :rotfl:

On 21/04/2017 at 7:26 PM, Vilander said:

anyways the move will be horse ****, some guy will walk around with a rigid flexed body all the movie and a forced expression, as if he is pooping with some pain but feels good about it, while singing with girls in rain, moving mountains, or mom sentiment and generally being telugu hero.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Ah I get it...the age old justification that he did it so did I nice :nice:

You just did that just now even while you are preaching me its off topic. Your latest post see below:  :rotfl:

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Baahubali is better than any Indian Epic movie ever made period and as an Indian I am proud of such artistic brilliance...glad people are seeing the light and going ahead in celebrating cinema :nice:

Sure its aligned with topic. :cantstop:

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

You just did that just now even while you are preaching me its off topic. Your latest post see below:  :rotfl:

Sure its aligned with topic. :cantstop:

Yes I am following your lead because the topic is already derailed...anyway I would take a random comment about a movie being good than a random racist rant any day :cantstop:

9 hours ago, maniac said:

Yes I am following your lead because the topic is already derailed...anyway I would take a random comment about a movie being good than a random racist rant any day :cantstop:

Don't get it. How is speaking against south cinema making me racist.

Its like if an English doesn't like West Indies Cricket team he is a white supremacist. Do you even make any sense like ever? 

Edited by Pollack

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Don't get it. How is speaking against south cinema makes me racist.

Its like if an English doesn't like West Indies Cricket team he is a white supremacist. Do you even make any sense like ever? 

Well I will give you this... you were not outright racist but the very fact that you blurted  out a random comment generalizing a whole genre shows some suppressed biases and a stereotypical thinking

anyways whatever man this is not going anywhere you know what you did if you think I am just rambling than more power to you

Mainstream movies would obviously be used for judging.Those awesome other movies you are talking about are made in every regional cinema.Those are usually not crowd pullers neither are meant to be.

If Imran hashmi does a few devotional movie I won't say he has made career in devotional movies. The point is Mainstream popular movies would be used to judge.

It's clear you havent followed Southern movies much particularly Malayalam movies in particular.Malayam cine industry is known for such movies actually.

Even for Tamil cinema that would have been correct 10-15 years ago.Way off the mark today.

Just because they arent dubbed in set max doesn't mean they aren't crowd pullers or not big hits .

Obviously the biggest one s/100 crore movies will be masala movies with male oriented chauvinist type.But that's pretty much the same in any industry.

15 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

It's clear you havent followed Southern movies much particularly Malayalam movies in particular.Malayam cine industry is known for such movies actually.

Even for Tamil cinema that would have been correct 10-15 years ago.Way off the mark today.

Just because they arent dubbed in set max doesn't mean they aren't crowd pullers or not big hits .

Obviously the biggest one s/100 crore movies will be masala movies with male oriented chauvinist type.But that's pretty much the same in any industry.

No point in justifying...when people have suppressed stereotypes they rather stick to it and justify it than listen...not just in case with the poster you are replying to but have seen it in general.

i have seen people saying Baahubali is no lord of the rings in terms of quality and content..of course it is not...Baahubali in 2015 was made on a budget of 19 million usd ...LOTR was made on a budget of 93 m in 2001.

Now when you spend 19 million having a vision  alone will not be enough...you need to ensure atleast you break even leave alone profit...so obviously they will cater to masses having normal Indian style over the top sentiments and item songs while trying to maintain a balance with director's vision...that is the reason why it was not only a hit in the south but all over india because it told a story that appealed to everyone.

all these so called "cinema auteurs " can dissect it anyway they want but it is the step in right direction and it is a landmark in Indian cinema not just south or Telugu cinema.

now on topic these morons who are protesting are just attention seekers who need to be put in their place

Edited by maniac

26 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I have lived in Mumbai nearly 10 years  , no city consumes movies like Mumbai does . Sure no Temples , but that doesn make them any less crazy about movie and their stars . 

That wasn't the discusion. If you track back a bit and take some time to understand you would know it wasn't about craze about movie stars. Movie stars using a social cause (cosmetic protest) to build or get into political career was the actual point which vilander conveniently ignored in reply to me by deflecting the main point of discussion saying people are crazy about movie stars in maharshtra. I asked him to give examples of actors using gimmicky social cause or disputes to get into politics in maharashtra.In short the relation between acting and political career.

Edited by Pollack

That wasn't the discusion. If you track back a bit and take some time to understand you would know it wasn't about craze about movie stars. Movie stars using a social cause (cosmetic protest) to build or get into political career was the actual point which vilander conveniently ignored in reply to me by deflecting the main point of discussion saying people are crazy about movie stars in maharshtra. I asked him to give examples of actors using gimmicky social cause or disputes to get into politics in maharashtra.In short the relation between acting and political career.

The only one you can say is Vijayakanth.Which other actor can u even refer to?

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

I haven't followed Malayalam movies. But I fear they may be the same.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

The only one you can say is Vijayakanth.Which other actor can u even refer to?

Everyone use it either already in or trying to get in.Every film star into politics is an example.

Everyone use it either already in or trying to get in.Every film star into politics is an example.

Then obviously mistaken.Can you actually point out these cosmetic protests ?

Either I am misunderstanding or you are referring to the likes of Hindi agitation the likes of Karunanidhi and MGR participated as cosmetic protests .

39 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Then obviously mistaken.Can you actually point out these cosmetic protests ?

Either I am misunderstanding or you are referring to the likes of Hindi agitation the likes of Karunanidhi and MGR participated as cosmetic protests .

Lol you are bringing in names and actually trying to reason with a person who...his last statement says that he "fears " movies from an entirely different culture, language and a state because they happen to be geographically located in the south so apparently all south movies are the same and that's what he "fears"

so don't even bother :cantstop:

sometimes i I wonder if some Indians can locate Indian states on a map even though prople

make fun of Americans to be ignorant 

Edited by maniac