BCCI DESTROYED BY CoA:SOUTH AFRICANS LEAVE IPL AS CSA DOESN’T RELAX DEADLINE

Malcolm Merlyn

16 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

So these players should skip First class matches?

You first said home season, now its FC.

You can't have everything, You want Indian players to play all Domestic tournaments,IPL and international match for India but we shouldn't never allow any other T20 leagues to grow or send any of our players to T20 leagues for exposure. This is hypocrisy at the best.

17 minutes ago, kira said:

By not sending our players to their league :hitler:.... oh wait :p:

sad days :mad:

if we cnat avoid sending the team , we should have sent some D captained with rayudu as captain :p:

You first said home season, now its FC.

You can't have everything, You want Indian players to play all Domestic tournaments,IPL and international match for India but we shouldn't never allow any other T20 leagues to grow or send any of our players to T20 leagues for exposure. This is hypocrisy at the best.

Home season includes everything.FC,International matches,Domestic Limited overs.

What exposure?Playing our home season is more important.Our players are well paid and well looked after so that they dont have to run to play other leagues.

IPL only clashes with the English season.For years english playerd were not regular part of IPL.Only recently when Strauss realised the importance of playing the IPL were English players allowed to play IPL regularly.

There is no hypocrisy here.Our players must first play our home season.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Home season includes everything.FC,International matches,Domestic Limited overs.

What exposure?Playing our home season is more important.Our players are well paid and well looked after so that they dont have to run to play other leagues.

IPL only clashes with the English season.For years english playerd were not regular part of IPL.Only recently when Strauss realised the importance of playing the IPL were English players allowed to play IPL regularly.

There is no hypocrisy here.Our players must first play our home season.

Same way, CSA thinks their tour to England and CT preparation is more importation for their country than playing IPL.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Because almost everytime players would get extensionm

Did South Africa tour of England got planned last month ? IPL Owners and BCCI knews this before right?  They should pick players based on their availability.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

This thinking suddenly developed the year BCCI got defeated in ICC and the CoA chose a.cowardly way out?

CSA stuck to its original deadline of May 7 - > This happened even before CoA screwed BCCI and before defeat in ICC.

Did South Africa tour of England got planned last month ? IPL Owners and BCCI knews this before right?  They should pick players based on their availability.

Thats not the point. CSA refused extension.1st time in 10 yrs.This is what happens when you dont retaliate.

CSA stuck to its original deadline of May 7 - > This happened even before CoA screwed BCCI and before defeat in ICC.

No.CSA started its games way back in Feb when BCCI lost the first vote.The veiled threats were given.

Everytime CSA has a tour in may or june they give a deadline but extend it later to help teams playing in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Thats not the point. CSA refused extension.1st time in 10 yrs.This is what happens when you dont retaliate.

I just checked if South Africa played any Inlt matches during May during 2015 and 2016 - Found zero matches

You should became author at Buzzfeed and ToI for these kinda of clickbait thread title.

I just checked if South Africa played any Inlt matches during May during 2015 and 2016 - Found zero matches

You should became author at Buzzfeed and ToI for these kinda of clickbait thread title.

IPL didnt start in 2015 and 2016.

Dont need to tell me what i should become.Posting on this thread doesnt earn me money.

Try again.

12 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

IPL didnt start in 2015 and 2016.

Dont need to tell me what i should become.Posting on this thread doesnt earn me money.

Try again.

It means that South Africa didn't have matches during May before, This wouldn't have happened if CT wasn't scheduled in May.

If there was no CT, All players would have happily stayed for IPL and there wouldn't be any deadline. 

Lol don't take it seriously..I meant it as joke :) 

It means that South Africa didn't have matches during May before, This wouldn't have happened if CT wasn't scheduled in May.

If there was no CT, All players would have happily stayed for IPL and there wouldn't be any deadline. 

Lol don't take it seriously..I meant it as joke :) 

They have had other matches in may-june and had extended the players deadline.

I'd like to see past extensions and tours the teams had scheduled. Whether there is a huge difference in how soon before a tour players left previously and now.

There is an article on Cricinfo about countries simply refusing to play international cricket during IPL.

That led to another board pointing to the IPL: "We argued that the IPL takes up April-May in the calendar and in that block, effectively, six countries including Australia have said we cannot play international cricket."

This happened on the sidelines of the recent ICC summit when BCCI was out voted .

The pointing (whinging) board was PCB.

Basically everyone apart from PCB and England (who has home season) has refused to play International cricket during IPL.

This didn't get much traction becoz of headline news being BCCI losing the vote.

No one mixes up IPL with BCCI or governance structure.They know the importance of IPL salaries to their players.

This thread is basically putting 2+2 into 25.