Pick one for ODI's: Amla or Kohli

13 hours ago, Pixel said:

Why not? Amla has beaten all Kohli's records

Wrong friend, Amla well enshrined in the greatest ODI Team of all time.

Amla, Gilchrist, Ponting, Sachin, Richards, ABV, Bevan, Afridi, Warne, Wasim, Waqar with Brett Lee carrying the drinks

Afridi, Waqar, Amla in ODI of all time lmao... I would rate Sehwag ahead of Amla 

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I think the only batsmen who can challenge Virat in a few years is Root . Hes been playing some really good knocks . Hes not like Amla or williamson , hes got a few more gears than these guys and possibly we havent seen the best of him yet in ODI's .

There is a technical problem with Root in limited overs cricket. The balls which he tries to hit, There is ZERO foot movement. Notice this next time you watch him play. He simply slaps the ball with foot just planted in whereever position he is. And that is root cause of his failures.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

There is a technical problem with Root in limited overs cricket. The balls which he tries to hit, There is ZERO foot movement. Notice this next time you watch him play. He simply slaps the ball with foot just planted in whereever position he is. And that is root cause of his failures.

Yeah I have seen this and his body balance is nowhere as good as Virat . Hes still working on his LOI game and the basics are there to work with . So I wudnt count him out 

i hope choker Amla and De Villiers perform against India in a do-or-die game for them...though unlikely considering their choking history. 

i always find it amusing when people rate Amla and De Villiers in ODIs, no doubt they are good players, bu wouldn't select either in crunch games

32 minutes ago, chewy said:

i hope choker Amla and De Villiers perform against India in a do-or-die game for them...though unlikely considering their choking history. 

i always find it amusing when people rate Amla and De Villiers in ODIs, no doubt they are good players, bu wouldn't select either in crunch games

To your point, let me put it the following way...

If I'd to pick a batsman to win a match, or score a century in a chase, in shorter formats if my life depended on it, I would pick Kohli.

If I'd to pick a team in a one off "winner takes all" scenario and my life depended on it, I would pick a team comprising of Indian and Australian players.

If I'd to pick a team to win a no-name bilateral series with no significance I would probably pick South Africa with players such as Amla and ABDV leading the charge :giggle: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game