Is this the kick we needed?

Just now, maniac said:

That would be a huge backward step

In some cases yes but cannot bear to see Kohli captaining the side.   He is not a leader. 

Sarfaraz blew Kohli out as a leader -  he is a limited player himself led a bunch of nobodies to win the CT  - reminds me of a younger Dhoni himself.    Kohli with majestic warlords was jumping around post match like he just asked his crush out for a movie.

Who else can be a captain ?   Give it Bhuveneshwar ?  Rohit  ?

1 minute ago, bleaf27 said:

If no else give it back to Dhoni , he's still better than Kohli as a leader 

Its no doubt but idk if its a good idea to go back.. what are we gonna do when he retires as captain in 2019 then what ? We will be left with same thing again.

Kohli should play freely like sachin did 

Captaincy in LOIs is not his cup of tea 

Just now, Rasgulla said:

Its no doubt but idk if its a good idea to go back.. what are we gonna do when he retires as captain in 2019 then what ? We will be left with same thing again.

Kohli should play freely like sachin did 

Captaincy in LOIs is not his cup of tea 

Totally agree , I would make Dhoni an interim captain - until a suitable replacement is found - in next 6 months groom a captain - I could have seen Ashwin potentially as one but his game is gone down the gutter.   

In some cases yes but cannot bear to see Kohli captaining the side.   He is not a leader. 

Sarfaraz blew Kohli out as a leader -  he is a limited player himself led a bunch of nobodies to win the CT  - reminds me of a younger Dhoni himself.    Kohli with majestic warlords was jumping around post match like he just asked his crush out for a movie.

Who else can be a captain ?   Give it Bhuveneshwar ?  Rohit  ?

The thing about rohit is.... he was never tested with a average team MI always had a good team even a ghada would lead tht team to victory.

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

The truth is even Kohli knew subconsciously that his buddy yuvi Paaji will fail and Dhoni is a oldie... so he was very nervous

If he knows his buddy will fail then he shouldn't be in the team... Dhonis is like sachin of this team not removable till he retires lets live in reality.

3 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

The thing about rohit is.... he was never tested with a average team MI always had a good team even a ghada would lead tht team to victory.

I agree but see atleast most of the succesful captains in the world have shown that your captain does not have to be necessarily be your captain -    Ganguly , Dhoni , Waugh , Cronje , Sarfaraz now -  They are showing leadership skills .  Kohli is the best player for us but he isn't a leader . 

I'd say put Rohit under pressure , Bring Gambhir in and make him captain -  Guy shows resilience , has a great cricketing mind , gives his all and can stand up for his team 

Edited by bleaf27
1 minute ago, Sandeep99 said:

Yes, but I don't think our players or selectors will feel that way. Only Hardik was the one who looked to perform and was genuinely serious today. Others looked very casual.

Loved that kid innings today man... just love it showed lot of heart like no other 

I m more pissed at jaddu than anything 

There is no leadership material in ODI cricket other than Rohit Sharma the little god!!!

Dhawan is Warner's beta in SRH

Rahane is perennial beta to aus captains in IPL

Yuvraj ... lol 

the only alphas are GG, RS, MSD and VR

now we don't want VR, GG is out of form, RS is a coconut without any water...

so go back to MSD!

except that it will be like going back to the British to come rule us again after fighting them for 200 years of national movement because we just realised that Congress sucks anyway!!!

5 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

which brings us to the question why Kohli did not lead a superstar filled team like RCB to even a single victory?

and what animal is kohli for not leading RCB to even a single victory... :)

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

Though dejected at the margin of defeat , i was actually wishing India goes out at leage stage itself .  That would have severely exposed the buddy team culture of Kohli and spineless  selectors to explain what is our team in 1-2 years? 

If we are losing let us with new guys rather these oldies .

A  cup win would have lead to no questioning about selections of all these over the hill players  who are just paper tigers now .

Same oldies would have continued for another 2 years with no replacements being groomed and in 1-2 years  these oldies will end up

out of form  or  unfit and India would be in helpless position with replacements with no match experience .

I can't get what the hell these selectors are thinking about the future team combination. 

Hope Vengsarkar . Kiran More  become part of selectors  .

I agree but see atleast most of the succesful captains in the world have shown that your captain does not have to be necessarily be your captain -    Ganguly , Dhoni , Waugh , Cronje , Sarfaraz now -  They are showing leadership skills .  Kohli is the best player for us but he isn't a leader . 

I'd say kick Rohit out , Bring Gambhir in and make him captain -  Guy shows resilience , has a great cricketing mind , gives his all and can stand up for his team 

I was really impressed with gauti just fantastic but again going back to gauti is going back to past... time to look forward i really missed him today.. he was very crucial in 2007 and 2011 against pak

During last few balls of Pak innings Kohli's body language told the whole story of what's about to come. I don't think he would've failed with the bat if he wasn't captain. 

Having said that, there are no real alternatives. Rohit should not even be a suggestion, his spot in 11 is not 100% sure and the kind of player he is, never will be. 

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

which brings us to the question why Kohli did not lead a superstar filled team like RCB to even a single victory?

RCB is like south Africa and I always knew it he is gonna be bad captain in Lois atleast :no: if you can't win with a team full of superstars what will he do with some times very average team .. 

Just now, Rasgulla said:

I was really impressed with gauti just fantastic but again going back to gauti is going back to past... time to look forward i really missed him today.. he was very crucial in 2007 and 2011 against pak

Thing is Gautam if given the confidence and brought back can take us into 2019  -  He has that much left in him. 

Bringing Gautam in will also put some pressure on Rohit and Dhawan who are very comfortable right now.   

Gambhir , Rohit , Dhawan and Rahul   - 3 out of those 4 will definitely be good.  Yuvi is out of the picture.  And GG is pure captaincy material -  He leads KKR as a beast 

Just now, Sidhoni said:

During last few balls of Pak innings Kohli's body language told the whole story of what's about to come. I don't think he would've failed with the bat if he wasn't captain. 

Having said that, there are no real alternatives. Rohit should not even be a suggestion, his spot in 11 is not 100% sure and the kind of player he is, never will be. 

There is -  Gautam Gambhir 

Just now, Sidhoni said:

You did say that and i saw it... i replied to that 

Its quite visible on his face he was totally lost