Bring back Dhoni please

10 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Ofcourse he does bud.  His glovework is immensely better than anyone.  His batting skills certainly aren't the same 

Let us grade him.

He dives fine to the right. Pretty much most of them do.

His dive to the left is slow and labored. 

He is good at creating this allusion that ones he collects the ball he knocks of bails faster than anyone else. That is a fake move. He does not belong. His net worth to the team is no more than any other wicketkeeper in the tournament. Nothing special.

3 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Fair enough. I guess backing Kohli is the best option for now. My two personal favorites were Raina and Rohit as captain.

On current form Raina is better than both Rohit and Kohli too.

Fair enough. I guess backing Kohli is the best option for now. My two personal favorites were Raina and Rohit as captain.

Kohli is rubbish overrated captain. does favouritism still including finished yuvi in team.

He loses it under pressure. too emotional.

Or when he has to play a hint of swing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

Let us grade him.

He dives fine to the right. Pretty much most of them do.

His dive to the left is slow and labored. 

He is good at creating this allusion that ones he collects the ball he knocks of bails faster than anyone else. That is a fake move. He does not belong. His net worth to the team is no more than any other wicketkeeper in the tournament. Nothing special.

His keeping skills including his run outs and Stumpings is what sets him apart.  Haven't seen any wicket keepers who can do that now , have we 

I think as a captain he may be a little flawed. As a player he is one of your best players. Defintly one player any team would fear. I nearly lost my voice seeing his wicket go down. No player gives any more satisfaction than him.

hes best out of a flawed bunch.

3 hours ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

you people don't see what I'm seeing, come 2019 india will be knocked out in QF max if Kohli is still leading us. The big stage (international level) isn't a class where you learn and graduate. You come here prepared and start going the job you are hired for

There is no quarter-final in 2019 wc, straight semis and final. 

4 hours ago, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

you people don't see what I'm seeing, come 2019 india will be knocked out in QF max if Kohli is still leading us. The big stage (international level) isn't a class where you learn and graduate. You come here prepared and start going the job you are hired for

Remind me our results from the last couple of ICC tournaments. Th reason we choke at crucial stages is because the team is filled with passengers like Dhoni. You need to boot them out, not give them captainship. 

1 hour ago, bleaf27 said:

His keeping skills including his run outs and Stumpings is what sets him apart.  Haven't seen any wicket keepers who can do that now , have we 

Check CT stats. He does not stand out. All smoke and mirrors.

3 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

When did the ICC morons change the rules?

Every tournament and world cup has different format mostly. 1999 WC was different, 2003 was different from 1999, then 2007 was the worst format, and then 2011 was similar to 1996, then there was 2015 format and now finally they gave gone to just at 10 team world cup tournament where each team will play everyone like done in 1992 wc. Top 4 from 10 qualify for semis.  No groups. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Every tournament and world cup has different format mostly. 1999 WC was different, 2003 was different from 1999, then 2007 was the worst format, and then 2011 was similar to 1996, then there was 2015 format and now finally they gave gone to just at 10 team world cup tournament where each team will play everyone like done in 1992 wc. Top 4 from 10 qualify for semis.  No groups. 

This is again tricky. Good teams can get eliminated if they don't have a good run of form.

1 minute ago, Adi_91 said:

This is again tricky. Good teams can get eliminated if they don't have a good run of form.

But if you are not good enough in 9 games, then you don't deserve to win the world cup. If you are good enough in 9 games, you will surely make it to semis.

I am not a crazy fan of 2019 wc format, but it does make sure that the best teams are qualifying to the next stage after a hard fought 9 games played by each team. You have enough chance to pick after few defeats also and change your luck. 

its 92 format so everyone will play each other which is pretty nice.

But i think this will favour teams like SA its more about consistency.

Just now, Cricketics said:

But if you are not good enough in 9 games, then you don't deserve to win the world cup. If you are good enough in 9 games, you will surely make it to semis.

I am not a crazy fan of 2019 wc format, but it does make sure that the best teams are qualifying to the next stage after a hard fought 9 games played by each team. You have enough chance to pick after few defeats also and change your luck. 

Then this WC is very difficult to predict. Makes for great viewing too! Provided we get good weather.