Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

Just now, zen said:

I know about Ind's facination with anything phoren .... and create a lose-lose situation so no native wins 

While many in Ind may think that they know English, it could be something that those who English may not understand 

That it being foreign is no reason to not pursue it.  But still,  if Naidu can, lets hope he does promote Hindi in the whole of India. If he does not, I hope you will come here and criticize Naidu

7 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

English. He can say we are a multilingual country and we respect that. More than saying why does he not do it? Just keep saying and that pleases people like you.

Lol. Seriously. Wtf man. Can u tell why? What percent of population speaks English?

BTW isnt English already there as subject and still allmost everyone in my UP/Bihar/ Haryana/ rajsthan/ gujrat/ mp cant speak one sentence in English. 

Btw why despite being a subject why no one speaks English or pathetic in English. Because teachers are pathetic too. Parent have no clue. 

You should cinsider urself lucky to be born ti a parent from armed forces background. No one gets anywhere near to the quality of education at disposal to armed personnels kids.

infact if anything u are out of touch from reality

On 7/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, Vilander said:

why not English instead of Hindi ? Hindi is just like several other official indian languages. English is neutral so a good candidate.

That's some hypocrisy. English isn't a neutral language, it's a import from the west. In India, English is just for formal communication. And then, there are states that teach their state language, Hindi, and English. So all 3 can be taught and learned fairly.  South states need to stop politicizing such topic.

7 hours ago, someone said:

That's some hypocrisy. English isn't a neutral language, it's a import from the west. In India, English is just for formal communication. And then, there are states that teach their state language, Hindi, and English. So all 3 can be taught and learned fairly.  South states need to stop politicizing such topic.

Nope sorry Hindi is equal to other national languages like Assamese or Santhali.. English is a neutral language which is spoken throughout the country.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Nope sorry Hindi is equal to other national languages like Assamese or Santhali.. English is a neutral language which is spoken throughout the country.

Hindi is first among equals as it is widely understood by most ppl in the country relatively speaking

Supporting a non native lang over a native one just because it is neutral is absurd. It is like trying to create a lose-lose situation, i.e. if my native lang cannot win, I will work on making sure that other native langs don't win too. No wonder British could rule the land for so long

27 minutes ago, PBN said:

Is Hindi derived from a foreign language as well?

If you look closely at Avestan (Old Persian) and Sanskrit, there's a LOT of similarities.  Discuss

Many languages are derived from Sanskrit and Latin, along with some Germanic and Celtic languages. For e.g. English is derived from old Germanic languages, and influenced by Latin (Roman rule), French, etc. One of the reasons, English is popular is because of its ability to accommodate foreign terms. The Germanic languages in turn could have been nfluenced by Sanskrit as well (a part of old Indo- European languages)

Irrespective of how the languages are derived, Hindi is a Bharatiya language, while English is phoren 

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, zen said:

Many languages are derived from Sanskrit and Latin, along with some Germanic and Celtic languages. For e.g. English is derived from old Germanic languages, and influenced by Latin (Roman rule), French, etc. One of the reasons, English is popular is because of its ability to accommodate foreign terms. The Germanic languages in turn could have been nfluenced by Sanskrit as well (a part of old Indo- European languages)

Irrespective of how the languages are derived, Hindi is a Bharatiya language, while English is phoren 

Hindi may be a Bharatiya language now but I'm talking about the origins of Sanskrit which is the backbone of Hindi if I understand correctly.   Sanskrit shares its history to the Iranian Avestan languages.  Therefore, there will have need to be a migration either from area around Iran to India or from India to the region around Iran.  My theory is that there was migration from the Iranian areas to India. Yeah I know that "Aryan" migration has been debunked by many but the language had to arrive by some means.  Sanskrit is/was the liturgical language of the Hindu ancient religious texts and lingua franca of the region but the language did not survive due to it either being a foreign language and the trickled down effect to the Prakrit/Pali being the vernacular languages of the common people.  Similar to how Farsi was the lingua franca of the Moghuls for centuries but despite that, the language did not survive although many words did trickle down to the native languages.

1 hour ago, PBN said:

Hindi may be a Bharatiya language now but I'm talking about the origins of Sanskrit which is the backbone of Hindi if I understand correctly.   Sanskrit shares its history to the Iranian Avestan languages.  Therefore, there will have need to be a migration either from area around Iran to India or from India to the region around Iran.  My theory is that there was migration from the Iranian areas to India. Yeah I know that "Aryan" migration has been debunked by many but the language had to arrive by some means.  Sanskrit is/was the liturgical language of the Hindu ancient religious texts and lingua franca of the region but the language did not survive due to it either being a foreign language and the trickled down effect to the Prakrit/Pali being the vernacular languages of the common people.  Similar to how Farsi was the lingua franca of the Moghuls for centuries but despite that, the language did not survive although many words did trickle down to the native languages.

3.8B yrs ago: emergence of organisms. Begining of biology

6M yrs ago: last common grandmother of humans and chimpanzees

2.5M yrs ago: evolution of the genus Homo in Africa. First stone tool

2M yrs ago: humans spread from Africa to Euroasia. Evolution of different human species

500K yrs ago: Neanderthals evolve in Eur and ME

300K yrs ago: daily usage of fire

200K yrs ago: Homo Sapiens evolve in Africa

70K yrs ago: the cognitive revolution. Emergence of fictive lang. Beginning of history. Sapiens spread out of Africa

13K yrs ago: homo sapiens the only surviving human species

So things can be traced to back to Africa too

IF you are trying to suggest that because languages such as Hindi are based on Sanskrit, which could have been influenced by other regions (Indo-European -> Indo-Iranian) and therefore Hindi can be, in a way, seen non native too, the point is irrelevant in the present context and when the languages including Sanskrit are representative of the subcon. Most languages of North India are from this family

And if a linga franca eventually loses out to local languages, we don't have to worry about other languages being marganilized if a relatively widely spoken native lang such as Hindi is promoted

PS Note that Hindi is not my mother tongue

Edited by zen

7 hours ago, zen said:

Hindi is first among equals as it is widely understood by most ppl in the country relatively speaking

Supporting a non native lang over a native one just because it is neutral is absurd. It is like trying to create a lose-lose situation, i.e. if my native lang cannot win, I will work on making sure that other native langs don't win too. No wonder British could rule the land for so long

nope sorry all national languages are equal according to Indian constitution and guj SC verdict.

36 minutes ago, Vilander said:

nope sorry all national languages are equal according to Indian constitution and guj SC verdict.

Of course they are .... but Hindi can be considered as first among equals as it is relatively the most understood native language, it is used by the union govt and central agencies, etc.  Country's national anthem is in Hindi as well 

Edited by zen

54 minutes ago, zen said:

Of course they are .... but Hindi can be considered as first among equals as it is relatively the most understood native language, it is used by the union govt and central agencies, etc.  Country's national anthem is in Hindi as well 

Union Govt and Central agencies use Hindi. Which ones?

2 minutes ago, zen said:

So? Is Eng not supposed to be spoken at all?

All documents , notifications etc are coming in English only. Which union govt and central agency uses Hindi. What percentage of these agencies use Hindi. English will be used and is used as maxim, more than Hindi by the government too.

17 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

All documents , notifications etc are coming in English only. Which union govt and central agency uses Hindi. What percentage of these agencies use Hindi. English will be used and is used as maxim, more than Hindi by the government too.

It has a choice to use either of the two as both are official union govt languages. As discussed earlier, Eng usage in govt is due to the British rule. The idea is to use Hindi more or even discard Eng (reasons for it are outlined in a number of posts)

Iirc, i posted logo of Ind Air Force (Bharatiya Vayu Sena) too. I skimned through the thread and recall something about you going to "Kendariya Vidhalaya", so that should answer your question rather than repeating them again and again

I have read your posts where you try to attack the govt by hook or crook. You may have reasons for that but there is no point in doing that for the sake of doing it by making fringe arguments 

Edited by zen